Those Things That Make You Smile In Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The number one smiley-thing would be the landscapes, modded or otherwise. I love nature, and sadly live in a very urban area.
I am looking SO much forward to trying ATG with BOP in the new "Unleashed" pack. :p

TheRealMineAnPlay

Jul 29, 2019
Automation, OCD, playing on a world with out raging, destroying or corrupting a world, playing modded skyblock and making bevo's and ako's builds/automation :)

Reactions: Bevo

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Finally seeing that the system that you were spending over a month on starts to take form. I assume it's ok to talk about things that don't occur in-game but rather modding the game, right? :D

*Goes back to turning a giant sand-dune into a glass mountain*

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
When I think of what I have done in the past and the nostalgic feeling I get from thinking back to when I was playing 4 years ago and how everything was exciting and new and the possibilities were limitless. Still remember to this day what my favorite seed was, "Glacier".

ESchrodingersCat

Jul 29, 2019
Using computercraft to bend thaumcraft over one knee. It brings me such joy to automate what's never supposed to be automated.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
For me... it's coming across a stunning landscape that just screams to have something amazing built on it.

Reactions: rhn

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
Finding mod interactions that no one else comes up with, achieving awesome exploiting setups.

Last edited:

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Finally connecting my quarry to an automated ore processing setup. Items flowing through the pipes, going where they should, being processed by the right machine without making a bottleneck, and finally sorted into a neat sorting system in my depot. After a while of manual mining, it's so wonderful to just see things work automatically.

TheRealMineAnPlay

Jul 29, 2019
When bevo/ako replies to my comments :D (that makes me have have a huge smile).Also bevo are you still ill if so hope you get better! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
The time you get your first AE MAC running on a new world only to turn around and use it to make one much much bigger.
Tinkers Construct
Gendustry
Chisel
Mystcraft
Morph 1 block tall mobs. In my current world I have created some of my bases with only 1x1x1 tunnels through the machines it is honestly amazing how one block makes so much a difference in perspective.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
When you figure out that Brews of Thorns from Witchery don't grow real Cactus, and that they can be infinitely tall

In other words, spam a cactus with a ton of Brews of Thorns, and get a 200 block high cactus, break cactus, get cactus for days, or just leave a 200 block high cactus in the middle of the land as a symbol of superiority to everyone on your server :p

Reactions: casilleroatr

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting my first Diamond pick in a world with a level 30 enchant that I had grinded for hours to get, and getting Efficiency IV Unbreaking III Fortune III.

Also, building a complicated system that uses many mods working together, turning it on, and watching it work perfectly. (Which has actually never happened to me yet.)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting my first Diamond pick in a world with a level 30 enchant that I had grinded for hours to get, and getting Efficiency IV Unbreaking III Fortune III.

Also, building a complicated system that uses many mods working together, turning it on, and watching it work perfectly. (Which has actually never happened to me yet.)

Tech 101: Have you tried turning it off then turning it back on?