THIS MODPACK IS A BETA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
OMG there are so many (V)ersion labels what do they all mean?

Ok here goes (Don't 100% quote me)

Launcher version is 1.1.2 (At this time)
Is out of beta. (Doesn't mean stuff wont get added)

Feed The Beast Beta pack A (v12) Mc 1.4.2
This is the pack that will be used to make the new map when it's made (Ofc it most likely have some more mods added and will be 1.4.5)

VoxelModPack(V7)
Well i have no idea. It's not FTB.

FTB Retro (v3) 1.2.5
To be used for the two maps. (Or with some mod editing you can make a normal world)

Universal Ele Pack (v6) 1.4.5
Again No idea it's not FTB

Magic World (V2) 1.4.5
Mods that are magic based (example TC3) These mods won't be in the new FTB map.

I believe it has been said by slow that there will be another pack (one day) that will include all mods.

Reactions: Ashzification

DjYing

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to have Thaumcraft 3 in Pack A, how am I supposed to do that?\

EDIT: Can't make any topic so I'm just commenting :/

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to have Thaumcraft 3 in Pack A, how am I supposed to do that?\

EDIT: Can't make any topic so I'm just commenting :/

You can't.
Reason ~
Pack A is 1.4.2, Magic pack is 1.4.5 ;) Also there is no TC3 for 1.4.2.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to reiterate the immense gratitude i feel towards all the modpack team, Mod devs, and all of those that devote time to let US play their amazing collection of mods, without asking anything in return, Great work guys, i love the pack! <3
(Ps guys, please be respectful and courteous towards the volunteers, they do what they do for fun, or to let us have fun)

Reactions: Lawbroken

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
And can I somehow get the other mods in the magic pack?
Pack A should be updating soon (No i don't know when) When this update happens you then can move TC to pack A.

Or you could go download the Updated mods for Pack A and put them into magic pack (ID config changes maybe needed)

Or move it to Multimc ;)

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I am so happy that all our favorite mod authors have joined forces to integrate so many great mods together. I remember having to install a bunch of mods and crossing my fingers that they would work together. And even when they did function properly, they still each had their own stuff. Kinda like playing multiple games in one world. I will deal with any bugs and issues I run into and take them with a grain of salt because I know for certain they will be fixed as quick as they arise. I understand this is like starting a business even though you aren't profiting and it can take months to get running smoothly. You guys are doing a phenomenal job considering the how quick the launcher has come about and is progressing, as well as the huge amount of people wanting FTB. And I give you a lot of credit on your patience as well. If I did what you guys did and had to deal with the whiners who are being plain ignorant, I'd little by little IP ban them from the site so they couldn't even play FTB. I'm a diehard RP2 fan and never once complained or asked about updates on the forums for the last 3 months. I can't believe the complaining going on here after just a day or so of release. This is the best Christmas present I could get this year. Thank you a million times over. Going to enjoy my holiday vacation playing non stop.

carcher7878

Jul 29, 2019
since this is beta, is that the reason I have an unlimited supply of chickens falling out of the sky and exploding upon impact with the ground on my SSP and SMP world? It just started this morning. Using mindcrack pack and a couple additions of my own. Its kind of annoying, though they arnt hurting anything.. but seriously, hundreds of chickens spawning out of nowhere and falling to their deaths.. Once I get my screenshot to work, I'll have to post a photo.. #shrugs shoulders
reset the server, still exists. I ... I dont know whats going on lol anyone else see this? Google was not my friend today :/

haha Ok so Im not crazy, Thanks for the laugh Ichun, happy holidays all!
img0916pm.jpg

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
since this is beta, is that the reason I have an unlimited supply of chickens falling out of the sky and exploding upon impact with the ground on my SSP and SMP world? It just started this morning. Using mindcrack pack and a couple additions of my own. Its kind of annoying, though they arnt hurting anything.. but seriously, hundreds of chickens spawning out of nowhere and falling to their deaths.. Once I get my screenshot to work, I'll have to post a photo.. #shrugs shoulders
reset the server, still exists. I ...

HAHAHA, LOL!!!!
I'm experienced the same, but I see this thing in the Direwolf20 pack. And find it VERY VERY annoying...
I never played Mindcrack, but if I just look at the name of that pack -> MINDCRACK -> its a pack that crack your mind...so...ok...it's very wierd that chickens fall from the sky like it's raining...hmmm...wierd...but...ok...this is a feature, that crack your mind, so not a bug...
But still very, very, very ANNOYING!

PS: Now (2013.01.01 - 18.24) I log in that Direwolf20 world, and now there is no chicken-rain....OMG...
So that chicken-rain is some kind of a Christmas surprise or what???

LimpLungs

Jul 29, 2019
So that chicken-rain is some kind of a Christmas surprise or what???

That was the portal gun easteregg.

Multiple threads of whining simply clutter the forums and are unnecessary.
I actually disagree with this bit. Other than that I agree entirely. The forums need all the questions being asked, even if they are whiny and annoying. It is true that it gets annoying answering what for sure is a completely non-competent 8 year old, but it IS necessary. Think of all the times you would just say "Google is your friend" etc. Where do you think ALL THOSE POSTS and FORUM questions come from? Forums like these, written by whiny little 8 year olds. It'd be cliche for me to say "I'm not trying to sound rude", but the fact is, this does come off as a little rude, because I feel strongly about this opinion. Now, it is true that people could use the support section instead of the tech section in the forums! *hints at all the people that responded after the 21 of November (ok I'll give some leeway to Dec. 1st) :) *

Status
Not open for further replies.