Thermal Expansion 3 is boring (actually just RF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
They kinda are. I know once I have quarries going, I have a furnace for each output of a pulverizer. So that'ss 3 blocks. I also have a sawmill and several cyclic assemblers connected together to craft frames for alvairies from logs and cotton. Being able to control the input/outputs makes for some really interesting builds if you really try.

Yeah, I have a design right now for a multiblock structure that will produce infinite dyes by cycling dyed wool through pulverizers and cyclic assembers. It's pretty compact and I've got the design down to a 16x4x3 structure.

Reactions: casilleroatr

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
They kinda are. I know once I have quarries going, I have a furnace for each output of a pulverizer. So that'ss 3 blocks. I also have a sawmill and several cyclic assemblers connected together to craft frames for alvairies from logs and cotton. Being able to control the input/outputs makes for some really interesting builds if you really try.
Wait, what? Whoa... hold up there.

Instead of having a furnace for each output of a pulverizer, have like four or five pulverizers feeding their primary output to a single Induction Smelter, and all of their secondary outputs heading to a Redstone Furnace. FAR more efficient that way. I can fit all that into a 3 x 3 x 3 cube.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019

Instead of having a furnace for each output of a pulverizer, have like four or five pulverizers feeding their primary output to a single Induction Smelter, and all of their secondary outputs heading to a Redstone Furnace. FAR more efficient that way. I can fit all that into a 3 x 3 x 3 cube.
Wait, you connected Itemducts to an induction furnace? Last time I tried that, I got a crash.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Wait, you connected Itemducts to an induction furnace? Last time I tried that, I got a crash.
Induction Smelter from Thermal Expansion 3. It processes pulverized ores almost as fast as the Induction Furnace from IC2. I mean, think about that a second... it takes FIVE pulverizers to keep up. More than enough to keep up with any ore generation/mining method that I've ever encountered, anyways.

And no, I don't have the itemduct hooked up directly. The itemduct goes to a hopper to act as a buffer to avoid jams. Same thing with the Redstone Furnace, it's being fed by a hopper as well. That way if the RNG smiles on you, it won't backstuff the ductwork. That should also work for an Induction Furnace as well, by the way.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Induction Smelter from Thermal Expansion 3. It processes pulverized ores almost as fast as the Induction Furnace from IC2. I mean, think about that a second... it takes FIVE pulverizers to keep up. More than enough to keep up with any ore generation/mining method that I've ever encountered, anyways.

And no, I don't have the itemduct hooked up directly. The itemduct goes to a hopper to act as a buffer to avoid jams. Same thing with the Redstone Furnace, it's being fed by a hopper as well. That way if the RNG smiles on you, it won't backstuff the ductwork. That should also work for an Induction Furnace as well, by the way.
Hm...trying to reduce any tick rate lag, so probably gonna pass on hoppers, but a chest in the middle in the itemduct line should do, right? Thanks for the idea btw. :)

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Hm...trying to reduce any tick rate lag, so probably gonna pass on hoppers, but a chest in the middle in the itemduct line should do, right? Thanks for the idea btw. :)
Why would you not use hoppers? With the help of evoc (a professor Möbius mod) they become highly efficient.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you not use hoppers? With the help of evoc (a professor Möbius mod) they become highly efficient.
Evoc is a great small mod that addresses a few tickrate lag issues from vanilla blocks, grab ProfMobius's other mods while you're there they all work well and do things in a very "light" manner, I run a rather pathetic home server and have been deliberately keeping my resource usage low. TE, Profmobius, DynamicLiquidTanks have all been highly useful in keeping the footprint of my somewhat excessive build habits within the bounds of what my poor lil server can handle...it only screams at me occasionally when I do something really dumb lol

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I have a decent computer, and can handle all the mods, but I want to make sure I don't do anything completely unnecessary.
If you use pulverizers and an Induction Smelter, you aren't using any IC2 components, so you don't need to build eight machines for the infrastructure for your smelting anymore.

Because honestly, putting in an Induction Furnace sounds to me like doing a whole LOT of completely unnecessary things.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

Not really worried about efficiency. I had 4 of those 3 block setups so I could have multiple ones running at once. By the time I get that far, I have so many resources, I build solely for the sake of building. Don't need most of it. I decided to go a different way this time. I am using some TE machines so I can get tesseracts and conduits, but I am using Engineer's toolbox for my main processing. Nothing wrong with TE, just have done the same basic thing in every new world.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
If you use pulverizers and an Induction Smelter, you aren't using any IC2 components, so you don't need to build eight machines for the infrastructure for your smelting anymore.

Because honestly, putting in an Induction Furnace sounds to me like doing a whole LOT of completely unnecessary things.
Yeah, I deleted it a while back. I tried the duct w/ Induction Furnace and it crashed, leading to me deleting it. Just checking if it works now.

Sebastian Treacy

Jul 29, 2019
My opinion on this matter:

TE is a great mod with a lot to offer. Whilst I really enjoyed it as a BC add on, it deserves the freedom of being a separate mod in it's own right what with all the new machines added. I have a whole factory floor for my TE stuff. However, I do think it would be even better if some compatibility between TE and BC was re-introduced, so that I didn't need to worry about mixing my TE machines with my BC pipes and visa versa, because I feel this forces players to use one type of pipe in the same way BC imposed the energy loss system to the world.
As for the energy issue, this can be solved using Universal Electricity (Who hasn't got UE these days?). So I am less worried about the power generation side of things. I personally prefer the aesthetics of the Mekanism wind turbine to be honest, but who am I to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.