Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Round Robin is only available on output ducts (red arrow on duct connection); it's an option for the duct that is pulling from the external inventory, right?

/edit -- input and output here is kind of confusing :D I'm just looking for confirmation that item ducts with the red arrow are the only ones that you can/need to wrench to "orange" for round robin mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loufmier

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Round Robin is only available on output ducts (red arrow on duct connection); it's an option for the duct that is pulling from the external inventory, right?

/edit -- input and output here is kind of confusing :D I'm just looking for confirmation that item ducts with the red arrow are the only ones that you can/need to wrench to "orange" for round robin mode.
Confirmed. The item ducts with the red arrows (Output mode) are the only ones required to have round robin mode.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
Ive searched many times, but i cant find a comprehensive answer for this:

What liquids are supposed to work in the compression dynamo?
I tried several in creative, but only fuel seemed to work -- and thats not renewable (without a major investment in bees).

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

I tried several in creative, but only fuel seemed to work -- and thats not renewable (without a major investment in bees).
The answers are in his very thread. But IIRC anything that'll burn in a combustion engine.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

Fuel, oil, the biofuels should work too

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
biofuel as in the orange ethanol (from biomass?). It did not work the last time I tried. Same with the regular green biomass.

or is here a way i can extract this info from the configs?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
biofuel as in the orange ethanol (from biomass?). It did not work the last time I tried. Same with the regular green biomass.

or is here a way i can extract this info from the configs?
Probably biofuel from MFR.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019

From the ThermalExpansion-Fuels.cfg..

compression {
bioethanol=500000 (this is Ethanol from Forestry)
biofuel=500000 (Biofuel from MFR)
coal=1000000 (this is Liquifacted Coal I believe)
fuel=1500000
oil=150000

And coolants are..
cryotheum=4000000
ice=2000000 (I'm guessing this is the ice you get from bees)
water=400000

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
From the ThermalExpansion-Fuels.cfg..

compression {
bioethanol=500000 (this is Ethanol from Forestry)
biofuel=500000 (Biofuel from MFR)
coal=1000000 (this is Liquifacted Coal I believe)
fuel=1500000
oil=150000

And coolants are..
cryotheum=4000000
ice=2000000 (I'm guessing this is the ice you get from bees)
water=400000

I was looking through this earlier and had an query. Can RotaryCraft's Ethanol be added to the configs? And if so, what energy value should be assigned?

Darva

Jul 29, 2019
Might it be possible to get a blacklist added for the Autonomous Activator, of blocks it will not work on? I'm setting up a skyblock server, with the Ex Nihilo mod, and with just 4 Autonomous Activators, and one Igneous Extruder, it's possible to almost completely automate gathering ore/diamonds, etc. (I.e., for less than 30 iron, 5 redstone, and some copper/lead, you literally never have to think about resource gathering again)

I really don't want to ban the Autonomous Activator, as it's a fun block, and while powerful, isn't OP in any other situation i know of but with the Sieve from Ex Nihilo, but with no blacklist to control what it can interact with, I don't see much else in the way of options.

Erasmus Crowley

Jul 29, 2019
Might it be possible to get a blacklist added for the Autonomous Activator, of blocks it will not work on? I'm setting up a skyblock server, with the Ex Nihilo mod, and with just 4 Autonomous Activators, and one Igneous Extruder, it's possible to almost completely automate gathering ore/diamonds, etc. (I.e., for less than 30 iron, 5 redstone, and some copper/lead, you literally never have to think about resource gathering again)

I really don't want to ban the Autonomous Activator, as it's a fun block, and while powerful, isn't OP in any other situation i know of but with the Sieve from Ex Nihilo, but with no blacklist to control what it can interact with, I don't see much else in the way of options.

I just put up an update that should fix this from my end. (I'm the dev for Ex Nihilo)

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing direwolf20 1.0.11 (with thermal expansion 3.0.0.2) and I legit can't find any blizzes at all. Since I've patched the pack since I think direwolf20 1.0.8, should I try and find newly generated taigas in order to get blizzes to spawn?

Poking around in this thread seemed to indicate that blizzes will now require a view of the sky as well as low light/cold biome (in DW20 1.0.11 the only one would be taigas I believe), so I cleared out a large section of taiga so tree leaves aren't blocking zenith (although I'm pretty sure that's not an issue since leaves are transparent?) but I still got nothing on successive nights of searching.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing direwolf20 1.0.11 (with thermal expansion 3.0.0.2) and I legit can't find any blizzes at all. Since I've patched the pack since I think direwolf20 1.0.8, should I try and find newly generated taigas in order to get blizzes to spawn?

Poking around in this thread seemed to indicate that blizzes will now require a view of the sky as well as low light/cold biome (in DW20 1.0.11 the only one would be taigas I believe), so I cleared out a large section of taiga so tree leaves aren't blocking zenith (although I'm pretty sure that's not an issue since leaves are transparent?) but I still got nothing on successive nights of searching.
You could always apply liquid redstone to snowballs if you need the powder. Now if you need the rods...

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking through this earlier and had an query. Can RotaryCraft's Ethanol be added to the configs? And if so, what energy value should be assigned?

Yes, its defenitly possible. You need to find the right fluid name used in the oredictionary. IE: I added Liquid force to the compression dynamo by adding this line to the fuels list: "I:liquidForce=750000". As for the value, Id say pick a value from a comparable fuel source and go with that?