Then, than, your, you're

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
I will say Dumb ass and smart ass are different, at least in UK English. A Dumb ass is someone who has said something really stupid, mainly getting common knowledge wrong. A Smart ass is someone who corrects someone's mistakes and is smug about it, in general anyway.

If you want something that doesn't make sense, go with flammable/inflammable. They both mean the same thing despite the fact if a word usually has an in- in front of it, then it means the opposite.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
35120a5c5fadd17fbb29c4c91eef005e.png
c8d468f31a3f3bd90d3a5da4c9d8452a.png

Then refers to a prediod of time.
Than refers to someone or something in comparison.

Simple enough.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Lookit you! You found a typo!
For this, you've been inducted into the Museum of who gives a shit.

You very, very sad person.

Dr.Moo

Jul 29, 2019
Presten decided there was no time like the present to present the present. also, "buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo" (that is a proper English sentence)

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Lookit you! You found a typo!
For this, you've been inducted into the Museum of who gives a shit.

You very, very sad person.

Oooo! Oooo! I found another typo! Does the Museum have candy? Please tell me it has candy. If it doesn't then I won't just be sad, I'll be devastated.

(Yet another shot to see if my humor is misunderstood, wish me luck!)

Reactions: seannyyx

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
Oooo! Oooo! I found another typo! Does the Museum have candy? Please tell me it has candy. If it doesn't then I won't just be sad, I'll be devastated.

(Yet another shot to see if my humor is misunderstood, wish me luck!)

There are people in this world that just want to enjoy life and have a laugh.
Then there are some people who seem to think that everyone is wrong but them selves and they must correct people or they won't realise their stupidity and will be forever obliviously happy.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I can't believe no one mentioned to and too - that's the one I see the most.

I know spelling and grammar aren't a reflection of intelligence, but I do have the rather terrible habit of forming knee-jerk opinions based on it (unless it's known the poster isn't an native English speaker). It's a habit I'm trying to break.

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
the better "then" buildcraft creator should read this post...
If I remember correctly, that was a deliberate twist on the mods' dependency order that spun its humour from the initial mod's name. Which is to say, the order was "BTW then Buildcraft."

It worked rather well, I'd say. :)

JademusSreg

Jul 29, 2019
In retrospect, I must apologize; I didn't realize one might feel slighted by a humorous correction through stylistic imitation.

Usually, if I misspell something, I search to see if the error may have a meaning I can spin off into a joke. If I were to misspell "Twilight Forest" as "Twilight Forset", I'd then see what "forset" means.

Seems to me that being playful starts with playing with one's own faults, so again, my apologies if I were insensitive to how seriously you hold your esteem.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
If English is not your first language the internet is not a good place to practice English.

This made me chuckle for its wild understatement. Punctuation is also a source of great humor. See "Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation" by Lynne Truss.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
This made me chuckle for its wild understatement. Punctuation is also a source of great humor. See "Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation" by Lynne Truss.
I blame my tendency to understate things a bit on my English heritage :D
My ex-gf got annoyed at me because I described our recently completed, wall and window shaking, "relations" as pleasant, I was in the shit for a bit from that one lol