The Zombie Survival Story I Should Have Posted 20 Days Ago

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
*Salutes* Will do![DOUBLEPOST=1375977191][/DOUBLEPOST]I walk along the street, my M4A4 holstered. I hear the occasional far-off moan from a zombie, but everything else is eerily quiet. A door creaks. Out steps a zombie, an arm missing, body rotting away. It runs at me, slightly unbalanced by its missing limb. I simply take out my M4A4, give it a couple of shots to the head, and it topples over near to my feet.
I re-holster, and keep walking the way I was before.
I got a radio call about last week, from a guy name Law. He said he’s in a hangar 5 miles south of texas, and I’ve found the town, now I only have to find the hangar.
I come up on what must be the hangar, or at least looks right. I find the side entrance, and do the knock he said on the transmission, and I wait a moment.
I hear some heavy-sounding bolts slam across the door, and what greets me is the sight of a man with 10 days or so of stubble, and uncut hair.
“Hey, come on in! Glad to finally find another survivor!”
“Well, thanks for letting me in. I haven’t really been able to find a good place to stay since the outbreak, but this looks pretty good.”
“Ah, well, I’m glad you like it, I’ve been here a bit more than a week, I think...”
I walk around, and I spot something awesome.
“A puma 2 helicopter. Haven’t flown one of those for too long.”
“Were you in the U.S. Air Force?”
“Nah, Royal Air Force. Came to live work here as an airline pilot afterwards.”
“So you did missions in one just like this?”
“Yeah, good memories.”
“Well, I have no idea how to fly it, so she’s all yours to fly whenever we need to get somewhere.”
“Awesome.”

Reactions: PeggleFrank

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
A banging on the door.
“Please, help! Somebody dear god please help me!”
We run over to the door, and open it. A guy tumbles in, falling on me. Law closes the door while I shove the guy off of me.
“Thank you, thank you so much. You saved my life.”
“Sshh” Hisses Law.
A moaning outside the door. There sounds to be 4, maybe five zombies out there.
Law signs to stay quiet, and looks through a peering hole in the door.
He holds up five fingers, the amount of zombies. He signals to get my gun, and counts down.
One.
Two.
Three.
He opens the door and round turn five rotting corpses, looking at me with nothing but hunger and anger in their eyes. I start shooting before they can attack, and they are obliterated as I shoot them all in their skulls.
A powerful odour rises, of decaying flesh, and i manage to hold what little food I have down as Law closes the door, and shuts all of the bolts again.
We turn around, to see the man has stood up. He is slouching, a lot, with his arms hanging down. His mouth hangs open, and his breath is horrific. His eyes have glazed over, but they still look at us, slowly moving between the two of us.
I notice a large gash on his right shoulder, suspiciously like teeth marks.
“Shit” I say. “He’s becoming one of them.”
He makes a guttural sound, and suddenly lunges at me. He knocks me down before I can draw my gun.
It falls to the ground, and it’s all I can do to keep the zombie’s face away from me, his breath even worse up close, and it gradually draws closer to me.
A shot rings out. I feel the zombie’s push lessen, and I shove him off. THere’s now a hole in the side of his head.
“Thanks” I say to law, who is holstering his gun.
“No problem” He replies.
I walk over to my M4A4, but it’s in bad shape. The firing pin has been knocked off, and there’s a large dent in the side.
“Well, there goes my gun!”
“Here”, Law grunts, and hands me a P90 sub-machine gun.
“Blimey, thanks” I reply.
“We should move this out of here, stop it stinking up the place”, he gestures at the body.
“Yeah sure.”

I rip off a bit of my shirt, and tie in round my face like a bandana, to help with the smell. IT still reeks as we move it and the other bodies further from the Hangar, but at least now it won’t smell as much in there.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Love the TVTropes thing, and you are better writer than me.

(Seriously have you read that Sector 11 story? Awful)

also I hate raisins too.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Six chapter, 1/3 filler (this one is). Well technically it's not filler, it's character development based... You get the point.
Anyway, nightmares and a misterious voice (which may or may not be related to my past!).

We left the hangar early in the morning. Besides de pair of Glocks that Jess was carrying and my Benelli, Moped took an SPAS-12, Choc took a pair of Berettas and Liara took an SSG 08, besides the ammo. J and Law took the other guns and some supplies. While we were taking the stuff to the chopper, Law came to me and said:
"J said you saved his ass yesterday. I hope you're the leader there."
"No, Ex's the leader."
"Well, she's doing a great job of being so."
"Law, we're leaving! Get in the helicopter!"
Law ran to the chopper.
I'll see you guys later.
We were standing near the trailer. Ex and Lia were obviously in love and Choc and Moped had the spark of a passion. Jess was standing by my side.
We had become a family doing the last few weeks. However, that impliees incest - I'll just stop right now, this is sounding stupid.
Me and Jess had become almost brothers. Choc and Moped had become really close after that night. Ex and Lia were preety much the nerdiest and cutest lesbian couple I'd ever seen, although I hadn't seen a lot of lesbian couples - nevermind.
The point is - I don't know what I would do without them.
I'd be lost without them.
They're my friends.
They're the people I can count on if something goes wrong.
What would I do without them?
I went to my bed. The thoughts of losing everyone kept chasing me.
I feel asleep.
I was in the middle of a battle.
Choc and Moped were being attacked by an entire horde.
Jess had ran out of ammo, and two zombies were on him already. Liara came to help him, and another three got her.
Ex cried, charged into the battle, and suddenly disappeared.
The zombies weren't touching me.
They were going around me.
I was crying.
A female voice called me.
"G, give up!" The voice was frightingly familiar. I knew that voice.
I just hoped I would never hear it again.
"Fighting is useless. Let's do it like the good old times. Just me and you against the world." It was a seductive, yet spine-chilling voice. I hated and loathed that, yet I wonder if I still had some genuine interest for her.
I felt her smile.
I felt her face.
I wanted to scream "NEVER!" and go down like a hero.
My last stand.
Instead, my voice wasn't working with my brain.
Against my will, I said "Yes."
The darkness came.
I woke up. Breathing heavily and sweating.
Ex and Lia were looking at me.
"G, are you okay?"
"I'm fine, Lia. I just had a nightmare."
I felt the smile from the nightmare. I could feel it.
Just this time, it was real.

Dev commentary (J, could you do this too? Just write down what you were thinking when you wrote the chapter.):
Character development! As a semi-protagonist narrator, I wasn't really good as a character. So this is a little bit darker and more misterious.
Also, who's the girl behind the misterious voice? (dun dun dun!) Wait for the next chapter!

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
An ex-girlfriend you broke up with because she was a manipulative bitch?

That is a joke.
Possibly.
It may or may not have to do with ED.
Nah, just kidding, it has nothing to do with ED.
Or maybe it has.
You see, this nightmare I had and the interdimensional portal in my pocket may come handy later.
Or may not.
I dunno, I am terrible at defining plots at least a few chapters ahead.
By the way, in the next chapter, Vodkacorn burns down a house.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
By accident, I mean.
Also, it involves bass playing badassery, Vodka defeating a zombie by hitting him in the head with a vodka bottle - which then ignites and kills the zombie, and fire exits.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Because I'm not interested in RP, which often delves into stuff I don't comprehend.
That, and because I prefer the ease of story-writing, which allows me to be an unnamed God of Fate, but still a character with emotions and some organic/natural reactions to stuff I made in the first place.
That sounds so weird.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Because I'm not interested in RP, which often delves into stuff I don't comprehend.
That, and because I prefer the ease of story-writing, which allows me to be an unnamed God of Fate, but still a character with emotions and some organic/natural reactions to stuff I made in the first place.
That sounds so weird.

That makes sense. I can understand that. I'm yelling at dgas for not letting me kill the bronies off in my RP :p

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I love writing too. I have been meaning to put out the next episode of Sector Eleven but I have been busy.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I have to focus on the story here. Keeping a story good isn't easy, you know?
Besides that, what was your favourite chapter?