The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
My preference has always been:

Pick: Thaumium handle, Paper Binding, Cobalt head (who really cares about mining mannyulynn?).
Pick mods: 4 redstones. Flux/EU to counteract low durability. Luck/Silky Touch (one pick for each).
Replace Thaumium for Ardite if not having Thaumcraft or any electricity mods. With Ardite also change one redstone for Moss. Extra modifiers should add more Redstone or Moss.

SORD: Thaumium handle (Or Cactus if not available), Cactus Binding (Paper if cactus is on handle) and Mannah Mannha (Doo dooo doorooroo) for blade. Usually Rapier, sometimes Longsword (jump2fun).
SORD mods: Lapis, Flux/EU if Thaumium, else full quartz. Not even bother adding fire damage or durability.
Extra mods from G/D or Nether star should be Quartz. Moss would take away the point of Jagged, and Manyullyn is not that hard to make.

Bow: I don't even make them.

Protip: Always wait until there's very little uses let to add the Electricity modifier, makes the pick/SORD keep stonebound/jagged bonuses.

Protip2: Don't even modify tools not made from the best materials. Only use modifiers on tools you know you are not going to discard intentionally.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That's looking pretty slick there, man. If only there was something like this for RR... and if only it had bows and daggers and stuff included as well.
Also, may I ask what your logic was behind having stone... business ends for tools if you don't have TE installed?

I mainly made this for myself, and as I never used those tools I didn't include them in the chart... it'd be really nice if there was some sort of program for Tinker's Construct where you could put tools together yourself with modifiers and see the stats before making the tools ingame

as for the stone tool parts, sometimes I'd be using up the tools durability before the auto-repair kicks in, in those cases I'd only need to use cobblestone to repair the tools, which is very cheap and easy to get. the tier 2 tools don't have repair, except the cleaver, so it's really easy and cheap to repair them with cobble, but do note that after a while you might spend more then half a stack of cobble to repair a tool. and because you don't need cobalt or ardite for the tools, you don't need that mining level either, so obsidian mining level is good enough for those tools.

Wait, fortune smelting works on a lumber axe for multiple charcoal?

yes, it works. I tried it out on a 2x2 jungle tree before making that chart, and ooh boy did it give me alot of charcoal

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I think frederic is correct, I do remember I had to go make myself a DartCraft Force Axe with the Lumberjack upgrade for removing the redwood tree that was mutated from my skura cherry tree farm because the lumber axe from TiCo isn't working.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the redwood. I know that if you get the main trunk portion of a BoP redwood that you can take the whole tree down. I haven't run into a natura redwood since 1.5. I will say that the hollow sickly oak trees in the twilight forest will fall from a lumber axe as well. They're not as huge as Natura redwoods but are close. It does take 2 or 3 swings to find the sweet spot to take it down though.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the redwood. I know that if you get the main trunk portion of a BoP redwood that you can take the whole tree down. I haven't run into a natura redwood since 1.5. I will say that the hollow sickly oak trees in the twilight forest will fall from a lumber axe as well. They're not as huge as Natura redwoods but are close. It does take 2 or 3 swings to find the sweet spot to take it down though.
Yeah, talking about the Natura ones. The ones from BoP isn't as bad. :)

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Blue Sky

Jul 29, 2019
don't lie lumber axes only make a 3*3 hole in a redwood and that is intended to prevent worldcorruption because of too many items

Just tried it, looks like it must have been a force axe. However, the lumber axes do work on those giant oaks that are in the Direwolf20 1.6 packs.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I made this yesterday, in the case when you've Tinker's installed with Thaumcraft, and if you've Tinker's, Thaumcraft and Thermal installed

FjjMPW7.png
Are the plates and such Manyullyn or Thaumium? (Rods thaumium, rest?)

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Is the extra modifier slot with redstone better then the faster speed from tartarite?

Send via tapatalk

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Is the extra modifier slot with redstone better then the faster speed from tartarite?

Send via tapatalk
Depends on taste. I didn't see a huge difference adding redstone on a Tartarite pick or hammer. Adding platinum plates on a Tartarite was neat

DRMALIKIA

Jul 29, 2019
I have currently started a server that employs Tinker's Construct & IC2 Experimental, specifically the MoonQUest yogscast mod pack, (TConstruct_mc1.6.4_1.5.2.4 & industrialcraft-2_2.0.336-experimental). I have run into either an incompetence issue on my part or some sort of conflict between the two mods. I am unable to utilize re-batterys/powerpakcs or any form of IC2 portable EU storage devices and the "electric" addon for the hammer weapon. My understanding is that you hold the battery/storage device in your hand and right click and hold the battery. This is supposed to charge the "tool" in your task bar. Or, if it is a backpack/bodyarmor style EU storage it automatically draws power from these sources until empty.

Well, it does not work on my hammer and I have search this thread, minecraft forums, yogcast forums with no luck. I can charge it from the CESU (MFSU for non Experimental Versions), and any stationary tool charging devices works perfectly. Other IC2 tools charge just fine off the re-battery and other portable EU storage devices. The electrical modifier does not seem to be working for me. If I burn through the 100000 EU in 50 3x3 strikes with the hammer (less than 2 minutes) and then have to run all the way out of the mine to recharge the hammer, that is a horrible usage scenario. Help please!? Thank you.

Hammer (this is just a test hammer mind you):
Head = Ardite
Handle = Green Slime
Plate #1 = Paper
Plate #2 = Obsidian

Modifier #1 = Moss
Modifier #2 & #3 = Redstone 100/100
Modifier #4 = Diamond
Modifier #5 = Electrcity

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i`m pretty sure tier of portable storage is lower than tool's tier. try testing in creative with quantum armor or something.