The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
So I have just started messing around with Tinkers Construct as it is in the 1.5.2 test pack.
Basically this mod gives the user alot of choice with modifiers to make the ultimate set of tools.
So what I was wondering is for people that have had chance to play around with the mod to share their "Ultimate tools" to give people that have little to no knowledge about this mod (like myself) what to aim for in later game :)

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Setting:
Miner : Manyulluyn pick head , aurdite binding , manyulluyn rod
Digger : Manyulluyn shovel and axe head , obsidian stick
Killer : Rapier manyulllyn set.
Modifing:
Miner : Tons of lapis and redstone , emerald , a diamond and gold block / nether start (Modifier Addition) , diamond , moss
Digger : Not really an intersting one but u can go for redstone , emerald , diamond/moss (Emerald = 50% chance)
Killer : Quartz , Blaze rod , lapis , modifier additions , moss , necrotic bone

And that should be good enough to last long , mine fast , and generate

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Pick: Cobalt head, paper binding, manyullyn/obsidian rod. Emerald, Moss, Lapis, Smelter, netherstar+diamond/goldblock, the rest redstone
Sword(Rapier) Manyullyn blade, Obsidian binding, Slime rod. Lapis, Moss, Emerald, necrotic bone the rest quartz
Axe: cobalt head, obsidian rod. Moss (none else needed)
Shovel: Cobalt head, Obsidian rod. Moss, Redstone(lots of)
Extra pick: Cobalt head, obsidian binding, Manyullyn rod. Silky, moss, redstone (lots of)

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
There is no single best tool, there are always alternatives you have to weight. E.g. for
Miner : Manylluin pick head , aurdite binding , manylluin rod
we have other options:
Cobalt head is faster, though not as durable. Obsidian binding makes the pick more durable, though not as fast when worn down. Paper binding adds an additional modifier. (Rod is indeed the best).
I went with Cobalt head, obsidian binding, manyullyn rod.
For the weapon, the rapier is not universally the best in the newest versions (got nerved a bit), so long- and broadsword are options as well. I went with longsword: More charge damage and higer max damage overall, so no piercing. The guard shouldn't be made of manyullyn, there are other materials with better bonuses I think.

As for modifiers: Can you add more than one emerald? Then two emeralds are definitely better than an emerald and a diamond. For the sword, one can also use necrotic bones to get self healing. Should be quite nice (not tested yet though), if you don't have a perfect power suit.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Correct ex but thats why we have modifiers especially Cobalt stonebound ability is added in binding while manyullyn is strong ,not faster and u can use the ability of reinforcement changed into durability , and broadswords.... i forgot that i usually use them like , alot and i guess with last patch some stuff like slime crystals and what so got nerved a bit so i guess as i saw manyulllyn is best to use as a guard i guess?
I edited and added the use of necrotic bone and no u cant use more than one emerald/diamond its a one use modifier so you'll probably going to go with emerald + diamond :p

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
I usally go with electric rather than moss
This maybe a VERY dumb question but with the electric add-on does that mean that the pick will not break but instead it just need recharging when it has drained all it power?

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
This maybe a VERY dumb question but with the electric add-on does that mean that the pick will not break but instead it just need recharging when it has drained all it power?

well tools never break (just stop working) but yes you can recharge it instead of repairing it

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Mjw , if you got Biomes 'o Plenty then its easier from the start of game to get moss upgrade cuz of the addition the moss vines u get moss OR thermal expansion liquid loader thingy can make u a moss cobble for 250 mB i guess? but if ur up in technology and have industrial craft , sure its good to go with electricity though the limit of the f***ing modifiers , god he should add more ways o add modifiers , MUST GET THEM ALL D:<

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
When I was messing around on creative before I had the same feeling of "I want more modifiers!" but I can't really think of anything above the nether star apart from the dragon egg. I feel like the way that adding extra modifiers is at the moment is balanced enough. I don't see making a cheaper option than a diamond/gold block would be the greatest of ideas.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
For my miner I use the same basic setup as 2nd post, but with diamond, emerald, lapis and electric modifier (+ diamond gold block for modifier). This way I can have it almost broken (the highest mining speed with stonebound) and still use it. The bonus mining speed that you get from high durability tool thanks to stonebound is a lot higher than from redstone. I tested cobalt pickaxe with 7 modifiers being redstone and it doesn't even mine stone instantly (like drill netherrack or dirt). Also after reading source it seems that stonebound stacks, so replacing rod in my setup with ardite one will get you a faster tool.

Edit: I've tested Manuyllyn head with Ardite rod and binding with diamond and emerald modifiers and at 60 % durability it starts mining stone instantly and at 40 % mines abyssal stone (RC basalt) instantly, which I couldn't do with my previous pickaxe. I'd argue that this is combination for the fastest pickaxe (you can add redstone if you want, but advantage in negliable and it increases EU cost when using electric modifier).

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
you can make dragon eggs with xenos reliquary right
edit: nevermind thats not for 1.5.2

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Pick:
Manyullyn Head
Paper Binding
Manyullyn Tool Rod (This is in the latest TConstruct for 1.5.1, so Ardite is no longer the best)
Diamond+Gold Block
Nether Star
Moss Ball
Moss Ball
Moss Ball
Full Lapis (50 Blocks)
Lava Crystal
Emerald[DOUBLEPOST=1369679297][/DOUBLEPOST]The Paper Binding allows for 4 modifiers.
Plus the Diamond and Gold Block,
5 mods.
Netherstar:
6 mods