The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen many videos of people using tinker construct picks and they are being able to place torches (with a right click of the mouse it looks like) Is this a default thing or is there something extra that need to be added to the pick?

For this to work put the block you want to place to the right of the pick on the hotbar. It seems to work with any placeable block (only tried torches and cobble after stumbling upon this function).

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
For this to work put the block you want to place to the right of the pick on the hotbar. It seems to work with any placeable block (only tried torches and cobble after stumbling upon this function).
That's a cool little function. Might try to try it...

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Does stonebound work if you get it nearly broken then put electric on it? If so that's pretty amazing.

Also: how high damage can you get with any weapon? I tried making a rapier (heard it was the best), but the damage was rather underwhelming, 3 hearts base? Come on, a diamond sword does 5.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Rapier's strength lies in how fast you can attack with it. Just mash that mouse button and you'll see.
That said, I'm more fond of the bigger numbers that come from a longsword. And even fonder of the enormous numbers that come out of a Force Sword with 5 bat claws.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Does stonebound work if you get it nearly broken then put electric on it? If so that's pretty amazing.

Also: how high damage can you get with any weapon? I tried making a rapier (heard it was the best), but the damage was rather underwhelming, 3 hearts base? Come on, a diamond sword does 5.

Rapier was nerfed a bit to be in line with other weapons. It also ignores enemy armor. It can't do massive damage as well as ignore armor otherwise people would only use it and nothing else.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a manyullyn longsword, with paper handguard and paper stick. I then used the gold block + diamond and a nether star for a total of 7 modifiers. I then used 1 for electric and put the rest on sharpness. This gave it a damage of 10.5 hearts, enough to 1-shot skeletons and creepers. A shame I also couldn't squeeze life-steal onto it, but you can't have it all I guess.

EDIT: By the way, just done some testing with a pick and you can't instamine, no matter how high your mining speed. I've tested two picks, one with mining speed 23 and the other mining speed 35 - both mined at exactly the same speed.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: By the way, just done some testing with a pick and you can't instamine, no matter how high your mining speed. I've tested two picks, one with mining speed 23 and the other mining speed 35 - both mined at exactly the same speed.

Stonebound is your friend (like I've written twice in this topic). Just test Manyullyn head with ardite binding, rod emerald and a diamond. Try using its durability to see that the speed increases to ridiculous and with small base speed (stonebound doesn't count there) EU usage is small when using electric modifier.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
What is this wizardry?
*tries it with wool*
Wow!
That's a cool little function. Might try to try it...

Sent from boobs (because why not?)
I'm trying and failing to not make a Mass Effect joke about tech implants.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Stonebound is your friend (like I've written twice in this topic). Just test Manyullyn head with ardite binding, rod emerald and a diamond. Try using its durability to see that the speed increases to ridiculous and with small base speed (stonebound doesn't count there) EU usage is small when using electric modifier.

Does stone bound stack?
Well more to the point, would it be more effictive to have a many handle, for a lot more durability, and therefore speed, via stonebound, or would an Ardmore handle double the stonebound effect?

So the electric modifier makes it stay at its current durability?
And will it then ever use the durability? Such as if it runs out of charge?

So if you did this, many head, Ardide rod, many handle, and used emerald, all redstone except for one, and then mine until it has exactly one durability left; then adding electric? And in this case, would replacing one of the redstone modifiers with a diamond end up making it faster? Assuming of course the gold block, diamond and nether star are already applied...
Would that be the current way to get the fastest possible speed? If you did this, what's the mine time for iridium reinforced tungsten steel blocks? As AFAIK they are the hardest blocks in the game...

And how do TConstruc tools react to mazestone, from Twilight forest, particularly when electric is added?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I was more enquiring on the effect on durability, as it eats 16x durability and is known to "ear" electric tools with less than enough charge to mine 16 blocks.
I was wondering if a similar thing happens with electric TC tools.

And my above speed questions still apply...

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
*"eat"

Anyone? I could test it tomorrow... But that would require me to wait, till tomorrow.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Does stone bound stack?
Well more to the point, would it be more effictive to have a many handle, for a lot more durability, and therefore speed, via stonebound, or would an Ardmore handle double the stonebound effect?

So the electric modifier makes it stay at its current durability?
And will it then ever use the durability? Such as if it runs out of charge?

So if you did this, many head, Ardide rod, many handle, and used emerald, all redstone except for one, and then mine until it has exactly one durability left; then adding electric? And in this case, would replacing one of the redstone modifiers with a diamond end up making it faster? Assuming of course the gold block, diamond and nether star are already applied...
Would that be the current way to get the fastest possible speed? If you did this, what's the mine time for iridium reinforced tungsten steel blocks? As AFAIK they are the hardest blocks in the game...

Stonebound stacks. Tool with electric modifier will use electricity when it is available, then it will use durability. I didn't use redstone, because effect of it is negligible in this pick, diamond (750 durability) is a lot better. I don't know if this is fastest, I thought that many head and rod + ardite binding was the fastest, but changing rod to ardite makes it faster. It mines one iridium reinforced tungsten steel block every 3.5 seconds (for diamond pick with eff. 5 it is about 10 seconds, the same pick, but with many rod takes 6 seconds, diamond drill takes 20 seconds and diamond drill with eff 5 takes 7.5 seconds, I don't have gravisuit installed to test advanced diamond drill).

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
3.5 seconds?
Dang...
So the ultimate (speed) tool is many head, Ardide rod+binding and emerald and electric, with diamond for good measure and the rest whatever you want?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I don't bother adding diamond and emerald, cos MPS keeps the battery charged. I went for cobalt head, many rod, paper binding, Fortune 3 and autosmelt, battery, and 3 lots of redstone. And the colour distribution makes it look kinda like a rainbow when I swing it. Mining speed is 23.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Same set up as eternal now its just awesome set , man just if u can have a rod handle for pick , 4 stuff would mean , cobalt head , paper binding , many rod , ardite binding , and you'll get an awesome tool (Ofcourse after adding fortune , autosmelt , battery/moss , and all redstone)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Moss adds auto-repair. It's not something you'd want if you had a stonebound + electric tool since it would decrease the effectiveness of stonebound.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I might go with the suff lambert used, but with electric instead. Plus a modular powersuit and it'll charge them. Thanks Blue