The Ultimate Tinkers Construct Tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheRadCrafter

Jul 29, 2019
My Personal Settings:
Pickaxe:Manyullyn Pickaxe head,Paper Tool Rod and Ardite Guard
Shovel/Axe/Hoe:Manyullyn Shovel and Axe Head,Paper Tool Rod
Cleaver:Manyullyn Creeper Face(forgot the name),Manyullyn Cleaver Head,2 Paper Tool Rods

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
My Personal Settings:
Pickaxe:Manyullyn Pickaxe head,Paper Tool Rod and Ardite Guard
Shovel/Axe/Hoe:Manyullyn Shovel and Axe Head,Paper Tool Rod
Cleaver:Manyullyn Creeper Face(forgot the name),Manyullyn Cleaver Head,2 Paper Tool Rods
why paper tool rod and ardite guard the opposite is better O_O more durabillity

SuperMR

Jul 29, 2019
Paper binding, thaumium rod -> gives you 1 additional modifier, which gives more mining Speed (with redstone) than the stonebound with 1 durablity left.

---
oookay, quoting on phone doesn't work that well I guess haha
false ardite stonebound bonus gives more than 1 lvl of redstone

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Wow, Iguana Tweaks makes life so much easier when dealing with which modifiers you want :p
It makes it a lot harder when dealing with modifiers you don't want, like Fiery when killing Endermen. I wish it added anti-modifier items that would remove or block a specific modifier, like ice to prevent fiery.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It makes it a lot harder when dealing with modifiers you don't want, like Fiery when killing Endermen. I wish it added anti-modifier items that would remove or block a specific modifier, like ice to prevent fiery.

I personally wish for a way to remove modifiers yourself, as a cost ofcourse.
I suggested it but it seems the mod developer isn't considering that option.

perhaps there could be a method to remove a modifier by putting the tool, a piece of silky cloth and the item for the modifier you wish to remove into a tool forge, and when you take out the tool it'll remove 1 level from the modifier you wanted to remove. it'd use up the silky cloth in the process. a hardcore alternative would be to use a silky jewel instead of silky cloth.

this would give you back a modifier slot in which you can add a modifier that you desire.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I personally wish for a way to remove modifiers yourself, as a cost ofcourse...
this would give you back a modifier slot in which you can add a modifier that you desire.
I wouldn't even mind if I lost the modifier slot, or even if it cost an extra modifier slot to make this change to a tool. Modifiers gained from experience should not be swappable IMO.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't even mind if I lost the modifier slot, or even if it cost an extra modifier slot to make this change to a tool. Modifiers gained from experience should not be swappable IMO.

it should be possible to get back a modifier slotl but at a cost. perhaps have the tool take alot of durability damage when you remove a modifier
I don't want to lose a modifier slot because sometimes a tool is pretty close to what I want, but I just need one modifier instead of another and I don't want to trash the tool just because it's not possible anymore to get the modifier I want on the tool

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I personally detest the idea of being able to negate modifiers. To me, it would cheapen the whole mod, as none of your desiscions would ultimately hold any weight or permanence. Instead I end up making several versions of a weapon, and just displaying the rejected versions.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I personally detest the idea of being able to negate modifiers. To me, it would cheapen the whole mod, as none of your desiscions would ultimately hold any weight or permanence. Instead I end up making several versions of a weapon, and just displaying the rejected versions.

I played Agrarian Skies before, and I hate it when I get a specific enchant on a tool that I don't want, especially when you're so close to the final modifier, and mothafudging flame appears

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I played Agrarian Skies before, and I hate it when I get a specific enchant on a tool that I don't want, especially when you're so close to the final modifier, and mothafudging flame appears
True. It is something that is really frustrating on vanilla weapons, I guess I hadn't considered tic to have any random aspects. I don't play iguana tweaks, so my experience is probably vastly different.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I personally wish for a way to remove modifiers yourself, as a cost ofcourse.
I suggested it but it seems the mod developer isn't considering that option.

perhaps there could be a method to remove a modifier by putting the tool, a piece of silky cloth and the item for the modifier you wish to remove into a tool forge, and when you take out the tool it'll remove 1 level from the modifier you wanted to remove. it'd use up the silky cloth in the process. a hardcore alternative would be to use a silky jewel instead of silky cloth.

@boni

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
True. It is something that is really frustrating on vanilla weapons, I guess I hadn't considered tic to have any random aspects. I don't play iguana tweaks, so my experience is probably vastly different.
Yes, this is all about the random modifiers that Iguana Tweaks gives you through tool use. At least from me it's about that, some may want this feature for user-applied modifiers.

Of course, if boni isn't going to add it to Iguana Tweaks, there's no reason why someone else couldn't make "X tweaks for Iguana Tweaks for TiCo"! Who tweaks the tweaker?

Reactions: Jess887cp

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
"X tweaks for Iguana Tweaks for TiCo"! Who tweaks the tweaker?
I'd probably install that mod just for that awesome tagline :D

Yeah, one of the main reasons I don't run iguana tweaks is because of that random aspect. Although my tools may not go through stages or something similar, they always are exactly as expected. That's one of the reasons I love the vanilla book enchanting system. You can choose what goes on your gear, you just have to balance the enchanting costs.