The Thaumcraft 4.1 Experience

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Not saying who, though.
It's Wasliebob
3943336+_a4dd4d9fb3fe72e09d45b7c83cd0179f.png

hawkfall

Jul 29, 2019
Question about the 4.1, how i can get more VIS into my wand? i need IGNIS and i can't find any node with that aspect... i'm stuck -_-

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Is there a way to bring nodes to base without them becoming fading?

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to bring nodes to base without them becoming fading?
Some block-moving mods could probably do it (I wonder if you could use Blood Magic teleposers... it would seem somehow fitting). And sometimes nodes don't degrade when jarred, though I wouldn't want to rely on that.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Nodes: if you dont use any cheaty way to move them, make sure you drain the most from a node by regenerating fading nodes to pale (advanced node stabilizer), place them at the farthest point in the "bullying range" (3 empty blocks between them in a straight line) of the target node so it will drain the node slowly, giving the drained node time to regen itself and give more vis points to the target node.
Node draining is lossy for most people because they let the node get destroyed before it can regen. I managed to make a node get over 200 points of aer from a big aer node (120) and i yet had to destroy it mid-way (when it had like 80 pts) because i wanted to feed the node other aspects.
Another example is 48 permutatio as you can see in the node, from just a single node that had 14 (yes 14) permutatio aspect points.
Here is my prized bright node (third person cause too many aspects...):
bIWhora.jpg

Last edited:

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
as to fading nodes after moving. They have chance of becoming fading but some of they will keep quality of a node after moving so if you get enough of them you will get few that are not fading at all.