The slightly overdue updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer Delux

Jul 29, 2019
So I managed to find a small bug in Monster, the config for microblocks makes reference to blocks that are not defined. - 1609 and 1610. I found this when adding a mod and assigning those ID's to the items. Got array out of bounds errors because it has a :1-15 on em.

Edit: I decided I might as well add the crash report.
http://pastebin.com/D4zbSA3j

Moved to right forum, sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019

DaddyRoxx

Jul 29, 2019
When you get the massive mountains, do ores generate up into those mountains as well or is it all cobblestone?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
When you get the massive mountains, do ores generate up into those mountains as well or is it all cobblestone?
This is a good question. Wonder if this was one of the reasons why the ore gen was being reworked?
The way it was before the different ores spawned depending on depth. The ores you found above waterlevel(Y 63) was only copper, coal, AE quartz, TC Amber afaik. But with Geostrata a lot of the cobble will be replaced with lots of other types of stone.

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
I believe If you create a BOP default world (using the level-type=BIOMESOP in server. Properties) then change the Highlands.cfg entry 'B:"Highands biomes in Default worlds"=true' It will generate BOP and Highlands biomes. (disable snow mountains in highlands tho)

I do not have the item in the Highlands.cfg file that you called out...
####################
# generate biomes true/false?
####################
"generate biomes true/false?" {
<SNIP>
B:"Flying Mountains Generate"=true
B:"Glacier Generate"=true
B:"Highlands Generate"=true
B:"Improved Oceans Generate"=true
B:"Lowlands Generate"=true
</SNIP>

I was trying to prepare, for this upgrade, and trying to make note. Is this a difference in the 1.09 and 1.10 config? Or have I not understood the line item...

ThePokepika99

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, after updating Monster to 1.0.10 I got, well, image tells it all. :p
2014-02-17_16.11.26.png

Reactions: RealSketch

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Looks viable. Personally I enjoy figuring out how to automate it by automatically piping stuff through an OreDict converter, like the MFR or Mariculture ones (if I can find a pearl...).

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the MFR one is called the Unifier, and I think the Mariculture one is called Autodictionary or something. I'll usually just plop one down early-mid-game as soon as I can afford it, then once I start on automation I'll figure out how to hook it into the system.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah, the MFR one is called the Unifier, and I think the Mariculture one is called Autodictionary or something. I'll usually just plop one down early-mid-game as soon as I can afford it, then once I start on automation I'll figure out how to hook it into the system.
Yeah, its not a huge issue from where I see it. I will probably just hook up a Unifier with a ME export bus and put everything I want changed to alternates in the filter.

tucker19

Jul 29, 2019
So this may be a stupid question but when I just upgraded from Horizons 1.1.13 to 2.0.1 my dynamic tanks 2 and metallurgy broke all over. Examples, used to have a haunted forest right outside of my house and now its just dirt/ biome says plains now. With Metallurgy all the ores are all purple and black squares and when hit crash the game. Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
So this may be a stupid question but when I just upgraded from Horizons 1.1.13 to 2.0.1 my dynamic tanks 2 and metallurgy broke all over. Examples, used to have a haunted forest right outside of my house and now its just dirt/ biome says plains now. With Metallurgy all the ores are all purple and black squares and when hit crash the game. Did I do something wrong?

Yes.

From the OP:

Due to some major changes with M3, I can't guarantee a world surviving
an update. I've moved Horizons to 2.0.0 since adding the new mods to show
specifically that a new world should be generated before moving to this update.

jstead

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an issue in a clean installation of Magic World 2, where Natura crops are incorrectly labeled as "white redstone lamp" from Random Things. The actual white redstone lamps can still be created using their recipe.
kASJOja.png

Last edited:

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
When is the new mindcrack modpack going to be released?
I want to play it. Badly​
This is not the place to ask that. In fact, I don't think there even is a place to ask that.

First Mindcrack has to send all the details to FTB, then FTB (assuming it already has all the permissions required from the modders) must construct the modpack using their block and item IDs (if they weren't already set to FTB's ones). After that, it has to go through beta testing, then it can be released.

If FTB wanted the public to know about the progress of that pack, they'd announce it. The fact that they haven't probably means it's either not even slightly in progress or somewhere in the construction or testing stage. Essentially, anything could be happening with it.

Reactions: gallowglass
Status
Not open for further replies.