The slightly overdue updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
or Better Late Than Never...

In this set of updates, ore gen has taken a major overhaul, and I mean a lot.
ATG has also received an update, but you only really need to worry about that if you care
about keeping your world pretty.

Change Logs will be available at the normal place once @VikeStep gets to them.

Advanced Genetics Item IDs were shifted in the configs. The Blocks are fine, but existing items
will disappear on updating.

AOBD by ganymedes01 added to both Monster and Horizons

Magical Crops also had a major update. From Mark:
"WARNING! This will/can break current worlds with older versions of Magical Crops installed, you have been warned, create a new world in order for this new version to work properly.
Testers have installed this into current worlds, by using either MCEdit or changing all the new ID's to the older ones, you will still get lose of items and plants.
"

Monster 1.0.10
Better Storage has been removed due to a major dupe bug that occurs only in Monster. Due
to RL things going on with the author, I am not going to press for a fix. To avoid loosing anything
remove all of your items from Better Storage containers before updating.
XACT has also been removed.

Horizons 2.0.0
Horizons has received some new toys...
Forbidden Magic by SpitefulFox
Steve's Factory Manager by VSWE
Tropicraft by Cojo and his Team
XACT has been removed.

Due to some major changes with M3, I can't guarantee a world surviving
an update. I've moved Horizons to 2.0.0 since adding the new mods to show
specifically that a new world should be generated before moving to this update.

Magic World 2 1.1.0
Forbidden Magic added
Moved to stable

Happy VD
Kappa​

Last edited:

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
And there much rejoicing amongst the peasants..."hurray"

Thanks Eyamaz!!!

*Edit* Have a config question that will save me time testing a bunch of worlds. My main reason for waiting for this update was Maricultures new worldgen of coral and kelp in other biomes. I see that ATG has kelp/coral gen disabled by default. Will that affect Maricultures kelp/coral gen or is that handled independently by the Mariculture configs?

Thanks again.

Last edited:

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Nice job guys! (and gals)

I too am curious what was done with ore gen; can we have some details on that?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Awesome, was hoping for Monster to get to stable, but some good news nonetheless!

I quite like:
ATG
  • Coordinates 0, 0 will be in a temperate zone
Was rather annoying getting loads and loads of snowy spawns all the time. Now you should spawn in the middle between cold and arid I suppose.

AOBD is great too, nice that we can now process all the ores in our ore processing method of choice!

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
@VikeStep Hey, I know you are still working on the changelog but thought I mention this one as your notice at the top says the Correct versions are already on the left side and details will be added later.

Mariculture on the side still shows as 1.1.4e but you do have the new change listed in the center section.

• Updated Mariculture 1.1.4e - 1.2.0e

Funar

Jul 29, 2019
In Monster 1.0.10 are there more details on why XACT was removed? Just curious. I personally like the mod. :)

Also, are there any server admins who have upgraded from 1.0.9 to 1.0.10 ? Can you share your experience?

DaddyRoxx

Jul 29, 2019
I updated to 1.0.10, however I wiped out 1.0.9 both client and server beforehand. Went smooth as silk . .

Last edited:

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Is the Better Storage bug something that can happen accidentally? If it's something I have to go out of my way to do, I'm just going to add the mod back back into my world.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update. Can you elaborate on what mods/issues are causing difficulties wrt you not feeling comfortable in moving Monster to recommended? It could be useful knowing this so we can determine if it's worth waiting for recommended or to go ahead and create a new world on this latest revision.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
And there much rejoicing amongst the peasants..."hurray"

Thanks Eyamaz!!!

*Edit* Have a config question that will save me time testing a bunch of worlds. My main reason for waiting for this update was Maricultures new worldgen of coral and kelp in other biomes. I see that ATG has kelp/coral gen disabled by default. Will that affect Maricultures kelp/coral gen or is that handled independently by the Mariculture configs?

Thanks again.

If I understood joshie correctly, this shouldn't matter anymore.

In Monster 1.0.10 are there more details on why XACT was removed? Just curious. I personally like the mod. :)

Dupe bug. You can put a normal crafting table back into the crafting grid to get a table from TiC that does the same function.

Is the Better Storage bug something that can happen accidentally? If it's something I have to go out of my way to do, I'm just going to add the mod back back into my world.

I'm not going to advertise the dupe. If you're a server owner, I recommend keeping it removed because it allows for the unlimited duplication of an entire inventory at a time.

Thanks for the update. Can you elaborate on what mods/issues are causing difficulties wrt you not feeling comfortable in moving Monster to recommended? It could be useful knowing this so we can determine if it's worth waiting for recommended or to go ahead and create a new world on this latest revision.

We rarely ever move a version to recommended as soon as we release. We always wait a few days JiC.

Reactions: Hambeau and kleshas

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
If XACT's dupe bug ever gets fixed, will you add it back in? It does more than just allow a vanilla crafting table to keep its contents...

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Is BetterStorage removed from horizons, too ?

This post only talks about monster together with better storage and the log of horizons says it wasn´t removed.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If XACT's dupe bug ever gets fixed, will you add it back in? It does more than just allow a vanilla crafting table to keep its contents...

Yes, I will consider it.

Is BetterStorage removed from horizons, too ?

This post only talks about monster together with better storage and the log of horizons says it wasn´t removed.

No, this dupe bug is only present in Monster. It doesn't affect any other pack iirc all the mod lists.

So how badly is the need to restart a world when changing from monster 1.0.9 up to 1.0.10?

If you follow the instructions on the Better Storage removal and don't care about Magical Crops, then you shouldn't no.

Reactions: Slind
Status
Not open for further replies.