The secret is out: FTB is really Technic!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
well maybe this is because this is not a ftb modpack, but a third party mod pack by the people of the universal electrizity mods

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Ahh someone has been reading the technic forums :p. So there is a reason for this, the explaination lies here

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/guidelines-for-private-mod-packs.9598/

In particular here.

• A folder containing a clean MultiMC instance. This should ONLY contain the "instance.cfg" config file, "Instmods" folder and the "Minecraft" folder, which contains "Mods", "Coremods" and "Config", unless other files are required to make the mod pack work. (Please include a short comment explaining any extra required files.) YOU SHOULD NOT INCLUDE ANY COPY OF THE MINECRAFT JAR.
  • Splash image (size = 420x200 pixels)
    Icon for display (size = 42x42 pixels)
  • Text file containing the following information:
    Mod pack name
    Included mods and permissions(see permissions section below)
    Description
    Mod Pack Code(this will be the code you will use to download the pack)
    Permissions link(see permissions section below)

The description that comes with the Universal Electricity Pack on the FTB launcher is the one that we were provided with by the UE team. Literally the only thing we do with third party mod packs is check to see if they work. Everything else is provided by the people behind the mod pack. If they choose to use the word Voltz in the description, there isn't really much we can do to stop that from our end. Having said that, I will get in touch to see if this was intentional or an oversight.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Just to add my 2cc:

THe UE mod pack was on the FTB Launcher for some time before it got also released as "Voltz" by the technic team.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be better if the name was the same in both places anyway. Voltz is a catchy name.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. Kinda like to think Slowpoke is the primary of awesome that he is and moonlights as Kakermix when bored. :)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
My sarcasm detector is broken. Probably because I spend too much time reading these threads.
Nah, I have proof that the Kitty Jail thread breaks sarcasm detectors. Now, where is it... just a minute, I have 300 pages to look through.