The recent history of the FTB forums

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I have only been using this forum for a couple days now but it is already getting annoying. Red power is a important mod but this forum isn't Red Power 2 The Forum it FTB The Forum. I'm thinking of leaving purely because of that. I want to stay but every thread is two or 3 posts of actually content then boom 'Ehh gaiz RP2 1.5.5..55.5.5.5.5.5.55.5.55..5'

On Mass Defect (it'll probably be called something else by the time I'm done posting this)

We practically are the tekkit forums.

All sorts of internet gathering points sooner or later end up much like each other because while the names and places change a large number of the people remain the same.

That said I like to think this place is a little more friendly and a little less toxic at times.

On Redpower 2 future in FTB

In any case, I felt like this forum was taking a turn. Not necessarily a bad one, but a typical one, somewhat reminding me of the Technic forums or what I always imagined Something Awful to be. For some bizarre reason, I'm somewhat opposed to this, and decided to make a thread about this. If this is in the wrong section, mods, feel free to move it.

Anyway, does anyone else feel this way?

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Growing pains of a forum. As mods decide what they will allow, and people decide what they will and won't report, the forum and it's population decide what is respectful and what is not... what will be tolerated and what will not be.

This is the time when the forum comes to conclusions about what kind of place it wants to be.

The only advice I can give is to remain calm, and friendly, but never give an inch on the standards you want to see in terms of social behavior.

Reactions: Velotican

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, came home today, realized I probably overreacted before reading the replies, which reinforce my theory.

So yes. Another overreaction of mine.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
If FTB and Technic are both forums about minecraft mods, they're bound to be similar if not exactly the same. I'm not sure what you think Something Awful is but it is nothing like either FTB or Technic.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, does anyone else feel this way?
Not necessary an overreaction - but feel how, I would like to ask. "Like somethingawful-forums or tekkit-forum" is not explaining a bit to someone who (like me) never read in either of them. So.. how do you feel about this forum? =)

Reactions: Lambert2191