The rebirth of IC2 ?

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
its just that FTB and Tekkit are the most mainstream modpacks out there that can inspire people to make their own modpacks... I know I did... but it isnt built on the aspect of SMP due to stability issues on the server... Maids damn it... MAIDS... actually screw it lately i found myself looking at eastern minecraft made mods

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
i think it`s not GregZombie but GergLich and he`s likely to enslave IC2 exp zombie not eat it.

Greg's probably got IC2 exp wired up to a lightning rod- a la Frankenstein's Monster.
(I have to build this spooky laboratory now)
Edit- this somehow fits as Greg's building the API (kinda the life-force of the mod)

Last edited:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Player might be implementing them, but that doesn't mean greg isn't influencing on the proyect itself.
No argument there, but Greg isn't the decision maker. There's a lot on undue flame on Greg for the state of IC2 Exp. The decision and final implementation were not up to Greg.

Actually Player is responsible for a LOT of unpopular moves in the older mods, not just IC2. CovertJaguar has taken quite a bit of heat for BC changes that were done by Player. People point fingers often in the wrong direction.

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
No argument there, but Greg isn't the decision maker. There's a lot on undue flame on Greg for the state of IC2 Exp. The decision and final implementation were not up to Greg.

Actually Player is responsible for a LOT of unpopular moves in the older mods, not just IC2. CovertJaguar has taken quite a bit of heat for BC changes that were done by Player. People point fingers often in the wrong direction.

I still feel CJ deserves some of the heat as he could have easily decided not to go along with it and Player would have just crashed and burned while CJ would have been off scott-free.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Either way a lot of changes haven't been viewed as popular so judgements should be pointed at the decisions and not the people. Besides that, I'd propose that there are LOTS of new mods to be experienced. So instead of dreading changes that are taking away your fun, go use a new mod.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
TE3 is high up in my list together with thaumcraft 4, no need to use all this dumb IndustrialGregtech ''thing'' they are making.

IC2 is dead for me, and I bet for quite a lot of other people too.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
As mod authors, it is their right and choice to change what they see fit.

As mod users, the only right we have is the choice to play with what we see fit.

I'm exercising that right for quite a while now. :)

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
IC2 exp is a diamond in the rough- it has a lot of potential, but it'll take a fair bit of work to make it shine.
(this is true for quite a few mods)
Luckily mod design isn't a democracy; everyone has different tastes and trying to add every flavour just mixes into a bland porridge of design.
Let designers build their content their way and you'll get something flavourful. Whether you like it or not doesn't matter- try something else, or try playing it a new way. Far better something unique that's disliked by some than something bland thats tries for everyone.

Reactions: abculatter_2