The Lucky 69

Backplague

Jul 29, 2019
9UU4d.jpg

Story:
The Lucky 69. In the middle of a post-apocalyptic worlds stands a tower, rising higher than anything in sight. Since the nukes fell 10th of March 2012 at 7PM GMT, i started building this tower which will be capable of supplying fresh food and drink for anyone who wants them. Of course making people live a good life is not the main purpose. The nukes ruined the ongoing project of the Plague Corporation of building a superweapon, so i had to rise from the ashes and begin it all over again.

Status AKA blog-which-im-trying-to-make-an-interesting-read:
11 March
Currently i am waiting for some advanced redstone supplies to arrive. But right now, there main tower stands tall and ready. EU is being generated, 800,000,000 EU is being stored and food making machines are next on the todo-list. But what would this be if this isn't as technologically advanced as its predecessor? There will be huge server room, controlling the whole facility. Completely rewritten computer system will be throwing rednet messages everywhere to make sure everything will work just as meant to.
Update: The high-tech golden computers just arrived and i got them installed. Basic rednet messages are being sent around but because of an odd Lua "bug", nothing is working properly at all. The server room is also feeling kinda warm, so i hope the redstone water pumping system arrives soon so i can build water cooling to the room. There will also be an elevator.

12 March
I realized the current server room is placed 2 blocks from the ground, so i had to start digging a deep hall for the servers. The hall will be 7 blocks from bedrock. Water coolant will be difficult to route down that deep.
I also ordered some wireless redstone components for simple redstone current travel.
In case you're wondering, the sky is blu-ish around the Sun and above the clouds, because the ruins of the old Corporation released quite a large amount of Quantum nanoparticles into the Earth's ozone layer, creating a high amount of Sunnarium microparticles which make the sunlight seem blue.

28 December
Finally! The advanced redstone components i ordered have finally been shipped! I haven't visited the tower since the 12th of March so im not sure if the atmosphere is corrupted because of the leaking Sunnarium microparticles. If they have, it's a goodbye to the Lucky 69.

29 December
I heard back from the shipper, the components should arrive within 48 hours! One thing i just realised: the servers there have been on since i last was there. I wonder how hot the room is right now... I will need some serious cooling for it.

28 March
*incoming stream request from [REDACTED-IP]. date: 12 March*
*stream request accepted automatically: Backplague*
*begin read*
Finally, i manag d to find my tabl t, th Nanobatt ry still ow ring it. Not much damag is obs rvabl , thanks to th quantum sh ll.
*Warning: client is sending many corrupted chars!*
*attempting char recovery*
*the following corrupted chars were detected but not fixed: e p*
*continuing read*
v r still d ly b low all th rubbl caus d by th x losion, stuff hasn't b n r ally doing w ll. Trying to find my way back to th to , im scar d about th ov rworld right now, who knows how fuck d u it is. R l asing 10 quadrillion (10^24) Quantum Nano articl s into th atmosh r cannot b good. I kn w th 3.14% ov rload d Quantum Nano articl tank will ov rh at whil i tri d to um th xc ss stuff into th -WARNING: LOW BATTE
*end read*
*connection timed out*

*CLIENT-REQUESTED-DATE-HIDE*
*client requested voip: accepted: Backplague*
*warning: high amounts of static noise detected. data still readable*
Does anyone read this? Do not go to Earth. I repeat. Do NOT go to Earth. The ozone layer is gone. I repeat. There is no ozone layer. Life conditi, aah my headache is killing me. Life conditions have dropped below 0%. I will try to reach the ruins of the tower to stop the tanks from leaking. Wish me luck.

I hope this will be big.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I liked this a lot. The only thing i didn't like is when i finished reading.

*keeps in eye here*

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Well overworld does use Data and Region so you could go into your Minecraft/saves/Worldname/
Then find out what DIM_MYST it is (world number) and move the Data and Region out into just the minecraft/saves

(If that makes sense?)

Akaedis

Jul 29, 2019
Well overworld does use Data and Region so you could go into your Minecraft/saves/Worldname/
Then find out what DIM_MYST it is (world number) and move the Data and Region out into just the minecraft/saves

(If that makes sense?)

Yes it does, All Mystcraft ages are is like the nether but customizable and not layed with lava lakes and stuff and bedrock!

elmarko98

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm it's Backplague...I recognize him from some other forum I've been one...I can't remember which though...;)

elmarko98

Jul 29, 2019
Technic Forums, hm?

What you see is all there is to it. Since Redpower hasn't updated yet, i can't do anything.

Yup I remember your ridiculously awesome build with the massive control computer ;) glad to see Plague Corporation back on its feet, El's CO. is on its way to the top again as well, we'll be producing nuclear weaponry soon...

Backplague

Jul 29, 2019
So RP2 finally updated. Im now waiting for it to reach FTB so i can continue. Though if the updates somehow manage to corrupt the world, i may just have to start over and come up with a new story, continuing from this.