The Great Afterlife War - A Religion Roleplay

Shockwave

Jul 29, 2019
As I slithered out of the room with Beelzebub, my tail "accidentally" whipped Satan around the face leaving a cut that started bleeding instantly.

Not to long into dinner, Lucifer called me in to his room.

"Your not in trouble. I just need you opinion. What do you think of out leader"

"HE IS SHIT!"

"Ok, that's all I kneaded to know. You may leave"

I slid out of the room to go and find Beelzebub, but a terrible feeling in my heart told me that Satan had got there first.

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
The devils fight against each other too much..
I sit at the entrance from hell to my home waiting for the visitor

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
Asmodeus drifted towards a locked door. At a touch of his hand, it slowly swung open. He went inside, being careful to close the door behind him. He was met straight away with multiple loud growls.

"There, there, your time will come. You want some meat?" Another growl.

Asmodeus went outside for a couple of minutes, then came back in with a pale man-like creature that had two weeping holes in its back. He chucked it far in front of him, and heard chomping sounds a couple of seconds after.

"Good boy," Asmodeus said, "good boy."

He started to drift out of the room when a monstrous voice behind him said, "shak ato. Khu, lonfunu ebri Anukh. Aho nihi ranutiko vuno." (This is demontongue for "he'll be back. Anukh doesn't stay down long. You can't help that.")

Asmodeus stopped in his tracks. He turned around. "No," he said, "I can't. But that's not my problem. Neither is it yours. You stay out of it." He sensed the uneasiness in his own voice. The other voice sounded confident, certain, cocky.

Asmodeus had heard the stories. The stories of the most ruthless, unforgiving, omnipotent ruler that Hades had ever known. If what the voice said was true... Well, Asmodeus dared not think of the possibilities. Compared to Anukh, The Devil was a mere ant in terms of power. He'd be crushed. Not metaphorically, but Anukh would literally tear him apart with his bare hands.

And he was returning.

Asmodeus floated out, shaken. He returned to his quarters, and laid down, staring at his purple velvet-lined ceiling. He laid there for hours.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I'm willing to join this game as soon as possible; I really like this topic, as you can see by my subnick in my profile.

This game just needs more people - you might have started it too early, @ThatsAPaddling - a reset and a little bit of patience should do.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
If this topic actually resets, I'm gonna go ahead and beforehand, send my sheet:

Name:
- Demethor, God's Demise.
Appearance (Hellspawn Form):
devil___project_e_by_mikeypetrov-d4a6is9.jpg

Affiliation:
- Hellspawn
Race:
- Devil
What will you bring to war?:
- Simplifying, chaos - in all imaginable ways, heading to every imaginable direction - darkness is his source and his meaning to exist, being it so dense - that any of God's attemps to destroy and or diminish it didn't even came close to succeeding. His will to make Satan's realm succeed in it's war against God's is bizarrely strong - making it's strategies skills and tactics even more powerful and effective.
Demethor's is evil, he is war's essence itself - losing is not an opinion. The victory and, subsequently, every other realm is bonded to be ours, only waited to be claimed.

Last edited:

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm glad you're so into this thing! Flattered, actually.

EVERYONE, WE'RE GOING IN FOR A RESET! THREE, TWO, ONE, VWOOOOOOOP!

Oh, and forget about the vermin, guys. I came up with a better idea.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Shockwave suggested that I share it on Facebook. Not sure how many friends I have are into roleplaying, though.

That might work.

Also, Paddling - you should add rules and a randomized level mechanic of some sort. Another thing, explain for people wanting to join how to formulate their actions - players don't control NPCs actions/reactions, only you should - that's a very common mistake that can affect the plot completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_j485

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
What's a randomised level mechanic?

It's basically a way to avoid players to constantly have overpowered characters - which eventually really makes the RP dull. Actions like "I shoot a fireball the size of Earth" are bounded to happen. A randomised level - or stats - mechanic basically decides the characters stats randomly - using a die or a random number generator.

EDIT: You could also use a mechanic I used in the last RPG I played - basically, in the character sheet, add a situation for the players to react to, better the reaction, better the stats. It's simple, for example:

"You're surrounded completely by a group of seven bandits, all of them armed with a simple - but deadly - wooden bow. Their number of arrows are limited to three each - twenty one total, all heading in your direction individually. You're not very agile, but you're strong, and sure can take a beating. You're not armed, the only thing in your inventory is a very resistant ,fairly big, iron shield. You're located in a forest, not much in way of terrain protection, but you can sure see a lot of possibilities in using those trees in some way."

A reaction like: "I pick the bow with my teeth and break it" is going to recieve the worst stats possible - maybe a little bit o ATK, but not much.

But, if the player actually develops a very indepth and logical solution - not luck based, he can sure be given a fairly good set of stats - he earn it.

Last edited:

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I like this guy. Finally, another reasonably experienced Rper I won't have to explain every bloody term to twice.

High-five, bro. *high-five*

Actually, I only played a couple of RPGs - the things is, the ones I played were long. as. fuck. Seriously, me and my friends played a Danganronpa (anime) inspired RPG, the thing took a year and a half to end.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
High-five, bro. *high-five*

Actually, I only played a couple of RPGs - the things is, the ones I played were long. as. fuck. Seriously, me and my friends played a Danganronpa (anime) inspired RPG, the thing took a year and a half to end.
I am pretty similar, that is with the Rps I enjoyed. A lot died too soon because nobody else could rp.