Open Server The Digital Factor|FTB: Unleashed + GregTech|Open|25 Slots|24/7|MCPC Plus|Grief Prevention|PVE

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

CraZNewfie

Jul 29, 2019
So with the talk of our own mod pack and a server reset as a result I have a couple of questions. I believe when the talk of a reset came up (I think Gunz mentioned it one night I was online?) a lot of people were a little upset given we had a reset not overly long ago. I know its a necessary evil to go to 1.5. Gunz did mention the possibility of maybe carrying some inventory over. Can this be done? I don't care too much either way as I am not too far along in the FtB tech tree. I am however quite partial to my Portal Gun now that I have one lol

Second, am I understanding that with RP2 being removed that also takes out micro blocks? Again not a huge deal, just a disappointment as I really like to use that in my builds for detailing.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Carrying over inventory is possible, if Digital allows it (it's simply a matter of copying over your player.dat file). RP Micro-blocks will be gone, but it has been replaced by ChickenBones' Micro-blocks. Most of the redpower stuff has alternatives that are in Unleashed/Direwolf20_1.5

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
So with the talk of our own mod pack and a server reset as a result I have a couple of questions. I believe when the talk of a reset came up (I think Gunz mentioned it one night I was online?) a lot of people were a little upset given we had a reset not overly long ago. I know its a necessary evil to go to 1.5. Gunz did mention the possibility of maybe carrying some inventory over. Can this be done? I don't care too much either way as I am not too far along in the FtB tech tree. I am however quite partial to my Portal Gun now that I have one lol

Second, am I understanding that with RP2 being removed that also takes out micro blocks? Again not a huge deal, just a disappointment as I really like to use that in my builds for detailing.

So far, I only know that the GriefPrevention claim blocks will be saved on the reset. The issue with trying to save inventories is that since this is such a huge change and isn't just a map reset, it'd probably be best for it to be a clean reset. I'm still discussing it with the others so nothing is final yet. As for the RP2 microblocks, like Kahless said, they've been replaced by Forge Multipart, which is ChickenBones' mod that adds in a very similar function. I think Forge Multipart is better because not only are there microblocks, but you can put stuff like torches, levers, and buttons all within the same block space.

tunafish747

Jul 29, 2019
So it's definite that the server is changing mod packs but how will we know the IP for the new pack or will it be the same and also when's the download link for the current map going to be put up an where will it be oh and also is it true that there is no red power in the new mod pack or is there a replacement for it or is it back to redstone. Plz answer ASAP

CraZNewfie

Jul 29, 2019
So it's definite that the server is changing mod packs but how will we know the IP for the new pack or will it be the same and also when's the download link for the current map going to be put up an where will it be oh and also is it true that there is no red power in the new mod pack or is there a replacement for it or is it back to redstone. Plz answer ASAP

Digital said no the server last night that the new pack should be ready for testing on Thursday (Aug 22) and that he would release the download code for it then so we can fiddle with it/break it on a single player world beforehand. The current map wont be up for download until after the reset happens I wouldnt say. Even then Digital would have to download it and host it some where and knowing other maps I have seen servers upload; its going to be a HUGE file.

Red Power isnt in any of the new packs to my knowledge (Unless somethings changed recently) so anything that you currently use in that mod will be gone, but more then likely replaced with something similar or better from another mod. Apparently the creator said she was updating it, but hasent been heard from since. -shrug- I myself am keen to try out the new Forge Multipart mod. Sounds very interesting.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019

Thankfully, CraZNewfie answered most of your questions. As for the IP (of the server, I assume you mean), it'll be the same. The server IP will not be changing, only the modpack. I'll be making announcements on the server, this thread, and the steam group regarding the day we switch, the code to download the pack, and where to find this current map when it's uploaded.

Oh, and CraZNewfie was right about the map size, the file is going to be huge. If I'm not mistaken, the world size right now is 13GB, but when I upload it zipped, it'll be about 9GB.

aeshos

Jul 29, 2019

the new minefactory reloaded adds a system called rednet as a replacement for red power wiring and programmable control, no idea if there's a replacement for things like frame motor's and frames though so back to the old piston elevators it is.

CraZNewfie

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea that I have debated suggesting for a while because I wasn't really sure how it would be received, but on a couple of other servers I have been on (Vanilla MC, Tekkit, Etc) there was a sort of community area in the spawn which had some of the harder to come by machines and such that the entire server could use if say they were unable to get the machine themselves at that particular time. For example, I think with the current quarry recipe you need an industrial blast furnace for the drill? Someone has the ores needed but not the machine so they tp to spawn, make what they need then head back to their build. Maybe a simple solar powered system? I believe they had something similar on the Mindcrack server and I would be willing to help put it together if we decided to go with something similar.

With the current claim system I don't know if this is even possible to do without it being hugely griefed (Does trusting someone just allow usage or can they destroy things as well?) I wouldn't want the spawn (And the work of Aeshos and others) to be in vain because of a few bad apples. Regardless, just a thought. Yes, no maybe, im good either way. :)

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
I have an idea that I have debated suggesting for a while because I wasn't really sure how it would be received, but on a couple of other servers I have been on (Vanilla MC, Tekkit, Etc) there was a sort of community area in the spawn which had some of the harder to come by machines and such that the entire server could use if say they were unable to get the machine themselves at that particular time. For example, I think with the current quarry recipe you need an industrial blast furnace for the drill? Someone has the ores needed but not the machine so they tp to spawn, make what they need then head back to their build. Maybe a simple solar powered system? I believe they had something similar on the Mindcrack server and I would be willing to help put it together if we decided to go with something similar.

With the current claim system I don't know if this is even possible to do without it being hugely griefed (Does trusting someone just allow usage or can they destroy things as well?) I wouldn't want the spawn (And the work of Aeshos and others) to be in vain because of a few bad apples. Regardless, just a thought. Yes, no maybe, im good either way. :)

Interesting idea for sure. We'll consider something like that, but the other players typically do some equivalent for us. As for the claims, yes this is possible. Using /trust will give them full access though. You'd want to use something like /containertrust for this.

tunafish747

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can I just ask one thing, can you post things on here because this is the only way I can stay up to date whilst my laptop is being fixed thnx.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can I just ask one thing, can you post things on here because this is the only way I can stay up to date whilst my laptop is being fixed thnx.

I assume you're talking about updates with the modpack. My plan is to post all information regarding that on here, the server, and on the steam group.

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
All right, everybody! The first public version of our modpack is available on the Feed the Beast launcher! To see all information on how to install it, provide feedback, and report issues with the pack, please go to this link: http://bit.ly/DFPInfo

This is so exciting! Have a nice day!

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
You say you added gregtech to Unleashed. Isn't there a known incompatibility where you can duplicate just about any ore/ingot between Tinker's Construct and GregTech?

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
You say you added gregtech to Unleashed. Isn't there a known incompatibility where you can duplicate just about any ore/ingot between Tinker's Construct and GregTech?

In my testing, I haven't found any working dupes yet, especially between those two mods. If you could link me to the particular dupe you're referring to, I can test it and tell you if it exists or not in my pack.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
The dupe was:
Construct a TiC pick.
Add auto-smelt.
Add fortune III (lapis).
Put down block of ingot (e.g. Block of Gold).
Mine block with pick.
Obtain 27 ingots.

It's caused because TiC auto-smelt uses the smelting recipe, and GT changes the smelting recipe - or something like that.

Instructional video here: http://www.twitch.tv/straymav/c/2382981

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
The dupe was:
Construct a TiC pick.
Add auto-smelt.
Add fortune III (lapis).
Put down block of ingot (e.g. Block of Gold).
Mine block with pick.
Obtain 27 ingots.

It's caused because TiC auto-smelt uses the smelting recipe, and GT changes the smelting recipe - or something like that.

Instructional video here: http://www.twitch.tv/straymav/c/2382981

That's fixed in my pack, don't worry. :)

Reactions: Kahless61

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
It's updated! We are now running the Digital Factor modpack which is on 1.5.2. For those who are new or didn't find out, the Digital Factor modpack is essentially just FTB: Unleashed with GregTech and a few of the disabled mods. The code for the private pack is "dfpack". If you need help on installing it, go here: http://bit.ly/DFPInstall

For full information on the current state of the server, please head here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DigitalFactor#announcements/detail/2003262369998256260

tunafish747

Jul 29, 2019
It's updated! We are now running the Digital Factor modpack which is on 1.5.2. For those who are new or didn't find out, the Digital Factor modpack is essentially just FTB: Unleashed with GregTech and a few of the disabled mods. The code for the private pack is "dfpack". If you need help on installing it, go here: http://bit.ly/DFPInstall

For full information on the current state of the server, please head here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DigitalFactor#announcements/detail/2003262369998256260

hey digi where is the download for the old map

Captain Digital

Jul 29, 2019
hey digi where is the download for the old map

I believe I responded to this question on the server, but I'll say it here so others can see. The map download will be here whenever I have time to transfer it. It's 10GB and I have slow internet, so it'll probably take me at least a few days.