The Constant Struggle Against the Spam Bots

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm. I ran out of characters. We broke 30 000 characters, now I can't put any more on that page.

lol.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Day 37, Community Showcase, 19:57
Damnit. I need Bella here.
Let me explain all of this - it's going to be a long story.
The spambots appeared from a dimension I've visited a lot of times.
We have three options:
a) Use Holy ammo - the gunpowder shall be extracted from Holy Hand Grenades.
b) Fly out of here.
c) Use Bella as a way to close the portal.
Let me explain Bella's job in here - the spambots are demons, and Bella worked on Project N.E.T.H.E.R
He knows how to close the portal simply because HE CREATED IT.
In short, the Ion Thrusters are going to close the wormhole, but only Bella knows how to do it.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
The next compiled post of diaries is here. Lawbroken, is it possible to move this so that it's the second post?

Day 30
The Ion Machine is almost complete. I've got all the rest of the parts I'll need, like wires and switches. But I can't tell them what I'm making. But they'll be fine with it in due time. They're not ready for it yet.
30/01/0001 S.A.
8:00
The Dampener is almost complete.
We've set up a self-sustaining power system for GPuzzle's Thruster.
The Conduits are resting and eating, they need their power up to full in case of a Spambot Attack.
Dampener 93.75% complete.
Conduit Leader, Forum Games Outpost
I feel something dark building in the air. The world seems colder now and i don't know what's causing it to happen. A storm is coming. A storm that will rage for days. A storm of war, a storm of suffering and unhappiness and death. This storm will wipe out everything in it's path until the world has been flattened.
Day 30, 23:00
Well, it seems the robots are able to keep this guy, Beella, as a hostage.
I need to get to him now. There's not much time.
He might be our last hope.
God knows what's coming next.
*fifteen minutes later*
And it turns out explosive ammo is super effective against them.
If we could change all our ammo into explosive ones, we could fight them back.
By the way, I'm entering the prisoner's jail.
*a few minutes later*
Well, I need a rescue team now. I'm kinda lost and also out of ammo...
Yeah. Send help ASAP.
30/01/0001 S.A.
23:01
I've received GPuzzle's transmission (that was fast) and I'm sending a team of Conduits in Exedra's Helicopter to GPuzzle and Bella's location.
If I don't get to GPuzzle in time, he won't be ready for the opening of the Bridge.
23:30
I find GPuzzle and bust him out.
I try to bust Bella out, but he (she?) isn't in his cell...
I'll try again after the opening of the Bridge.
I hide a radio in the cell for Bella.
Just 9 more hours until the Dampener is complete.
Conduit Leader, Forum Game Outpost

Day 31
I had a dream last night. The woman I saw breaking that prisoner out of the cell next to mine was building something. Some sort of weapon by the looks of it. Closer examination revealed that I was wrong, it wasn't a woman, it was a man. I could see a horrible madness in his eyes like the weapon was the only thing that mattered to him anymore. I... I think that this is the storm.
The damper is finally done! HAHAHAHAHA! Tonight, I'll fly back to my cave to build the Bridge. Poor sods will think I abandoned them. Ungrateful bastards will think me for this later.
31/01/0001 S.A.
8:00
We travel to Exedra's Base with the Dampener, and bring GPuzzle with us.
The system should sustain itself while we are gone.
I'm bringing all 50 conduits again.
We'll need all the power we can get.
Conduit Leader, Exedra's Base

Day 32
Day 32
Ugh, I have a major headache. I know I was out for at least two days, but there's two entries in my journal about some... coming storm. Maybe I was delusional, or maybe they put me in some sort of drug induced dream state. Maybe I even have a second personality, but I do hope that guy comes back to help me. I heard gunshots outside of my prison cell. I don't know for sure it was him, but I fear the worst.
Day 32 Finally back at home I set to work on making the Bridge. It should be done in two days. I wonder if they'll notice I'm gone...
They have placed me in their highest security cell, I think they know that someone is coming to get me out. I've had a vision about that man again. It's just him cackling next to his weapon. A maniacle insane laugh full of darkness and storm. They're going to do more tests on me now, I really hope that they can spring me out of this place. The security in here is insane. Some of the technology i've never even dreamed of. Dark matter cannons, cyborg guards, flaming turrets that look as if they've come out from the pits of hell itself. I hope nobody dies trying to save me.
Day 33: I'm burning up inside. The visions have become more frequent and more intense. I can see the man now building a bridge that goes nowhere. All the while I can hear a name being yelled out: Exedra.

Day 33
Day 33

The Bridge is 50% done. I think the others are getting suspicious. I wonder how long until I'll have to use it.
33/01/0001 S.A.
10:00
The Bridge...
What does that remind me of?
To another dimension?
Ohhhhh that Exedra.
After all I've done for him.
He's just going to abandon us like spilled pudding.
I'll get him, I will.
But I need evidence.
[THIS PART OF TRANSMISSION WAS HIDDEN FROM ANY OTHERS]
I'll be putting Conduit Spies up.
I have some that have invisibility powers.
Good Game Exedra, Good Game...
Conduit Leader, Exedra's Cave
I can hear them talking. My hearing has been strengthened, probably the result of one of their experiments no doubt. They speak of attacking a rebel settlement very soon. I have no idea when but it sounds like they have the resources to wipe out the last of the resistance. I fear that the only hope that the resistance has is Exedra and his weapon. That thing looks like it could destroy an army in one swoop.

Day 34
I've seen conduits looking at me odd. Whizz is definitely suspicious. Probably thinks I'll abandon him. I have no intention of abandoning anyone. Hopefully just putting it in my pocket and not talking about it and he'll forget about it.
They're going to attack in a month's time, hopefully i'll be broken out by then, but i'm starting to loose hope. It has been many days since the man showed up, and I fear he may be dead. My strong hearing has been dulled since yesterday, they probably put something in the food to "fix" me.
I'm trying to think of ways to gain their trust, maybe rescuing someone... I know! I remember that person we left behind in the prison, I'll rescue them! Maybe they'll even have useful info!
This is going to be a pain to get into. I manged to get inside the building, but there are too many guards. I've hid myself in a closet, hopin they won't find me. I've radioed for backup, but I don't know how long until they get here without my helicopter.
Exedra has left, I sent some conduits to search his chambers. They found pieces for a temporal bridge, and I fear that Exedra may be tampering with time. I will question him upon his return to the base.

Day 35
My strong hearing has returned and I can hear someone walking through the hallways, maybe it's another bot but it's footsteps do not have the same metallic sound as those of a bot, I do so hope that it's someone come to break me out.
Exedra radioed for backup today, I said that I would send some, but I'm debating on whether or not I should. He may be a traitor conspiring to destroy the fabric of reality itself. Treason like that requires consequences. I don't want to hurt him, but at the same time I don't want the universe to be destroyed by his foolishness.

Day 36
I've decided to send Exedra some backup. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but when he gets back he shall be interrogated.
Backup arrives. We take down a lot of the bots, and manage to break Bella out. We almost got spotted on the way out, but we made it back to the chopper, and we started to fly back to base. We should get there by tomorrow.
The door opens. I expect to see the man from before, but when it fully opens it unveils... Exedra. Of course I ran away screaming. Exedra dragged me out of the cell by my feet. He's locked me up for fear that i'm rabid, but i'm more afraid of him than I am of being locked up. What is he going to do to me? Is he really insane? What should I do if he is?
We eventually got back to base, I managed to convince Exedra that I wasn't insane. I've decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, so until someone says otherwise, Exedra isn't insane, he did rescue me after all.
I've locked Exedra up. I know that he has already made something but i'm not sure what. I told the new guy what happened and he seemed scared. It's probably just because he's new, but he may know something that he's not telling us. Maybe Exedra told him something when he sprung him out of jail...

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
What? Just what? I'm not there anymore so I couldn't help you even if I knew what you're talking about? I have my own ideas for my character and it's awesome, be patient.

Day 37 18:00
A anxious man radioed us asking me to help him. He says i'm part of some project nether thing and that he's being attacked by spambots from another dimension. We had to go ask Exedra for help on this one. He said that the portal was making GPuzzle(The guy that called) hallucinate. He told GPuzzle to use the holy hand grenades as he didn't have time to extract the holy essence from them and then fly out of there. He stopped the attack and escaped. But only just.

Whizz
Day 37 18:00
I gave Bella Clearance to talk to Exedra. He told me that he'd been having visions of Exedra building a weapon. From the description he gave me, I've decided that the weapon is most certainly an ion cannon, a weapon capable of destroying armies if controlled correctly, but if not correctly controlled it can wipe out entire continents. That's what happened to Australia, where there used to be a beautiful country, there is now a gaping hole in the ocean.

Day 37 18:45
Gpuzzle managed to stop the attack, but he barely escaped with his life. I confronted Exedra on the matter of the ion cannon and he confirmed my suspicion. He indeed built an ion cannon, but he refuses to reveal it's location. If he refuses to tell me soon, I will have to execute him. He is my friend and I don't want to do this, but there are millions of lives at stake here.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: Cool. Nice work keeping up Tad.

Day 37

Whizz locked me up. That man is insane! If I don't finish that machine in time we're all going to die. The tungsten double-acid rod is unstable though, so there's only enough power for one use. It's going to take longer than I thought, as inserting the rod without damaging it and blowing us up is harder than I first thought. It is already taking too long, the idiot locking me up isn't helping. I can't WAIT until the interrogation.[DOUBLEPOST=1372825589][/DOUBLEPOST]Dammmit its not a cannon

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Day 38, 13:43
Fuck, now I'm hallucinating.
The only weapon against them is Holy Gunpowder.
Ex is locked... Bella is probably going insane too.
If Ex's Damphers or my Thrusters' activate, we are going to create an interdimensional rift.
If the Spambots reach the Tungsten Double Acid rods...
We are going to have to prepare for unforseen consequences.[DOUBLEPOST=1372826020][/DOUBLEPOST]OOC: Also, nice work, Tadpole. I like having stuff organized.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Bella
Day 37 19:05
Whizz has brought me in to Exedra's interrogation, i'm not sure what help I could be, but that man is Clearly Insane.
Day 37 19:15
We figured out what's wrong with Exedra. We began questioning him and he still refuses to reveal the location of the weapon he made.
Day 37 19:30
He's finally broken down. He's telling us everything. Apparently he was one of the first to be captured by the spambots when the invasion began, but they let him go for unknown reason. Right now he's telling us what those reasons are.
Day 37 20:00
He was taken over by a SpamBot chip that was implanted into his brain called ACCEL. All ten years that he's been in the resistance, he was actually a spy for the SpamBots. ACCEL plans to go back in time using the temporal bridge and then use the ion cannon to destroy all the land on Earth. The SpamBots will then live underwater and become the dominant species of Earth. They will then go out into the universe and find other lifeforms to dominate.
Day 37 20:10
He told us where he hid the ion cannon. Luckily he hasn't built the temporal bridge yet, but there's always a chance he could be lying. He says that he hid it in the mountains of Ccouphue. Those are many miles away, but that will not stop us. Tomorrow me and Whiz leave to find and destroy it. Then we'll work on a way to remove ACCEL from Exedra's infected brain.

Whiz
Day 37 20:30
Tomorrow me and Bella will leave for the Ccouphue mountains to destroy the ion cannon. I still can't believe that Exedra wasn't a real person for all the time I knew him. How could this possibly happen? I know that we can remove ACCEL, but even if we can will he be the same person I knew?

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 39 I finally broke out of my cell. I quickly grabbed my stuff and flew out. I found a new hiding spot. I'll camp here until I finish the Bridge. I was going to let them join me. Not now, no after what they've done to me. Except Gpuzzle. He can come.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Day 40 - 17:38
I don't know what's crazier - Ex's having the ACCEL chip in his back, Bella threatening to kill him or the fact they are ignoring the interdimensional rift that will start if any of the Ion machines or the Tungsten rods are found by the spambots.
I'm going to find Ex and fix that chip.
We cannot have the risk of causing a resonance cascade - not in this dimension.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Bella
Day 40 10:32
ACCEL escaped, and just before we could perform the operation. We managed to destroy the ion cannon, but ACCEL can still do quite a bit of damage with the temporal bridge.
Day 40 17:52
We are starting to catch up with ACCEL. Our scientists have engineered a dart that if shot correctly will remove ACCEL completely from Exedra's brain, if we can just catch up to her we can remove ACCEL completely.
Whizz
Day 40 19:37
We have cought up to ACCEL, but i'm not sure if I can make the shot.
Day 40 20:32
I couldn't make the shot. ACCEL shot me in the kneecap and I passed out from the pain. Bella managed to make the shot for me. Currently Exedra is in a holding cell until we can be absolutely sure that ACCEL is gone.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 41 - Secret Transmission to Gpuzzle

You have to listen to me, you're the only one I can still trust, the rest betrayed me. Firstly, yes, I have an ACCEL chip. But my brain was always stronger than most. I managed to regain control long enough to reprogram it, feeding them false info. I've been myself ever since. And also, you have to find me at %*&^^$^&*$^& The device is ready, it isn't an ion cannon, but a BariusRiftInfluxDermalEscape

Its our only way to get out of here if things got too bad. The original plan was to teleport us all out, but then Whizz had other ideas, so I'll take you, Jonny, Moped, Choc, Nose and Morgs with me. It's a last resort, only to be used when we know there is no hope of winning the war. I've set up a hideout. We should be able to stay there safely until the time is right.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Day 41
What the hell?
If anything, the Dampner was our last chance!
The spambots are going to come from their dimension without mercy!
No, wait a second.
Bella is either way too foolish... Or he is the one working for the spambots.
If we all are going to die - it's not going to be by a mistake, for sure.
I'm going to the Thrusters, to fix this problem myself.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Bella
Day 41
In all the rush with Exedra being possessed by ACCEL I forgot all about the spambot attack. I told whizz about it and he says that we shall have to prepare for the oncoming storm... interesting choice of words.
Whizz
Day 41
Bella told me about a Spambot attack, they will arrive in twenty days to try and kill us all, and we must be prepared for their attack. In the meantime, GPuzzles encounter with the dimensional vortex seems to have polymeryzed the experiences and personalities of him into one single entity and I must say that the results are most interesting. He doesn't seem to be dangerous, but I shall continue to monitor him.
Day 41
Exedra still hasn't woken up and I fear the worst.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Day 41 - part 2
Ex, it's now or never.
The rift has a 0.1% chance of happening.
We all know what happened THAT time.
We can't afford causing one single error.
Also, to Bella and Whizz...
You have made the dumbest thing you could have done.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 41 - part 2
Ex, it's now or never.
The rift has a 0.1% chance of happening.
We all know what happened THAT time.
We can't afford causing one single error.
Also, to Bella and Whizz...
You have made the dumbest thing you could have done.
Alright, everyone hold hands. And on the count of three, I'm going to push the button.

ONE

TWO

THREE

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Whizz
Day 41 7:00
Exedra has woken up and explained his plan to us. He appears to have overcome the ACCEL chip, but now that it has been removed there is no doubt that he is fighting for the right side. I have decided to reveal to him that his device was not actually destroyed, but kept in deep storage to prevent anyone from using it for the wrong purposes. Now that we actually know what it is, we can use it correctly. I have returned it to Exedra as I trust him and his judgement. I know he will not betray me.

Bella
Day 42 7:30
Exedra woke up and told us of his true intent and of the actual nature of the device. I'm actually quite angry with myself for not having realized that he was always on the right side. Whiz returned the device to him, I just hope that ACCEL is really and truly gone.
Day 42 10:37
GPuzzle confronted me about working for the enemy. There was no way that I could have convinced him, so I underwent a severe mental deepscanning. It was painful, but nothing compared to the pain that I felt during the SpamBot's Experiments. I also had a CatScann to ensure that I too don't have an ACCEL chip in my head. I feel completely fine, and GPuzzle seems to be convinced that i'm neither insane nor working for the enemy, but how would I really know if I was being controlled by them?

Edit: Give me a second to catch up, I do have to right for two people after all.

Whiz
Day 42 18:34
GPuzzle tells me that there's a 0.1% chance of causing a rift. It's a small chance, but if a rift happens all will be lost. We cannot allow this to happen. Exedra tells me that he has a machine that will be able to help in fixing the rift. He hasn't told me how, but I trust his judgement.
Bella
Day 42 18: 52
GPuzzle told me about the rift that could happen. It's a small chance so I don't see what the big deal is, but he did give me hope when I was trapped in prison so i'm going to go with his plan.
Day 42 20:00
We're all standing around the button, Exedra's going to press it. I hope nothing goes wrong.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 44

The bloody Ion shorted out. We jumped, but we're in the same dimension. The Ion will be easy to fix, but the Tungsten double-acid rod? That'll take ages to recharge. Judging by my current scans, 56 days. We have to last until day 100. This just got a lot tougher.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Bella
Day 44 7:09
Shit! Exedra's BariusInlux thingy shorted out. We jumped, but all it did was put our hair on end. Exedra tells us that we it'll take 56 days, but we only have 16 left before the SpamBots attack us. I do hope that someone can figure something out by then.
Day 44 7: 56
Whiz tells me that before the invasion, he met the scientist that created the SpamBots. He said that if anything should go wrong he had programmed a failsafe into all the spambots that would shut them all down for good. After the invasion, he put himself into Criogenic stasis, and if we can get him out he might tell us how to stop them. Whiz hasn't told me where he is or when we'll be going after him, but I hope it's soon that we leave. There's only 16 days left until the attack and we might not be able to survive without him.
Whizz
Day 44 7:56
I told Bella about the creator of the SpamBots. What I didn't tell him is where he put himself into Criogenic stasis. It's at the heart of Technotopia, the SpamBot Capital. I fear that if we don't go after him we'll die in the invasion. But if we do we probably won't survive.
Day 44 10:35
I've made the decision. We will not be going to Technotopia, it's too risky as of now. We'll have to find some other way to survive the attack. Maybe Exedra can cook something clever up with the help of GPuzzle.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Day 50

The rod is slowly recharging, but with the boost of a plasma cell, its going to charge much faster. We have until Day 75.