The ability of liking PMs.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Greetings! Trusty users and guests.
I'm here today to share an idea I've seen a couple of people had before, that is - having the ability of liking PMs. Obviously, the likes a user recieves in his PMs wouldn't affect the ranking system in any way, as that would be a somewhat easy way to cheat the system.
So, basically, the ability of liking PMs - though useless regarding the whole ranking system, still very fun. I can definitely see myself and a lot of other people using it this feature.

What are your thoughts, @Captainnana? Is it possible? If not, could you explain, please? :)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
It would be too OP.

Slowking...we know how much he likes convos...

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing it from Captainnana's perspective.

Reactions: Not_Steve

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Ehe' No problem. I left a message in your profile, by the way. Thanking you for all the likes. :p
This should have been posted in General Chat, it would get more replies there whilst still fitting the right section...
But oh well. :)
Aside from it being confusing and a bit strange, I quite like the idea...

Reactions: ThomazM

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
;)
But then, what would be the point?
And wouldn't it be confusing to new members?
Maybe '+1'? But then again?

There's really no point other than expressing that you liked something, almost everyone in my convo said they would love the ability to like a PM, so I don't see why not. ;)
Maybe a warning box in every convo saying something like: "Likes in here does not affect the overall amount of 'Likes Recieved' of the user" would fix that problem - but I really don't see how this could be confusing to new member, even without the warning box thing...
But what the hell do I know about life'...

Reactions: Hambeau

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
There's really no point other than expressing that you liked something, almost everyone in my convo said they would love the ability to like a PM, so I don't see why not. ;)
Maybe a warning box in every convo saying something like: "Likes in here does not affect the overall amount of 'Likes Recieved' of the user" would fix that problem - but I really don't see how this could be confusing to new member, even without the warning box thing...
I want to quote Marvin so badly....
Oh, whatever.
Life. Don't talk to me about life.
[/hitchhikersguidereference]

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Isn't PM-ing yourself in public illegal in 37 states and the territories of Guam and Puerto Rico anyway? :D

Reactions: ThomazM

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Aaaaaand it's Friday... And you're reminded, @Captainnana, no excuses, now, uh. :p
Also, I have other suggestions, may I create another thread to post them or edit this one's title to handle both suggestions and post it here? I mean, you're already here and all'...
It's a suggestion that @RealSketch agrees with, the tags one, Sketch - remember?

Reactions: RealSketch