The Abandoned Laboratory -- A FTB Starter Map

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
Oldbombadil & Airedot's Abandoned Laboratory Feed The Beast mod pack Starter Map!
**This map is compatible with the Ultimate pack, DW20 pack, Mindcrack pack, FTB lite pack, and Techworld pack. If you desire to play this on a seperate pack then RedPower2 Pre6 & Wireless Redstone + Dependencies are required to play!**

This map has become quite a fun little side project for my girlfriend and I. We both share a love for Minecraft and the FTB mod pack! However I am generally one to construct everything technical before she even has a place to move in to. We started a server and I decided to be the builder bee while she learned more of the technical side of it and I think I went a little overboard.. In all its glory: The Abandoned Laboratory​

Map Features:
Download Link:
Installation Instructions:
Using either Winzip or Winrar extract the Abandoned Laboratory folder directly into your Feed The Beast X://*Mod Pack Name (e.g. Direwolf20)*/minecraft/saves folder
Useful Information About The Map:
  • Map seed is 3107761627244820496
  • The factory is built at: 200, 580
  • Thaumcraft Altars at: 348, 762; 375, 510; 718, 649​
  • Village at: 608, 612
  • Redstone for blinking lights in factory at: 200, 5, 580 (encased in bedrock)

Urkine

Jul 29, 2019
Just by seeing the screenshots, I have a large amount of excitement for the final product, and just because it seems like an extremely good idea, especially that most of the buildings go with the natural flow of the terrain generation. (liked)

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
This is looking great, I always liked building into the terrain, and must say, from the screenshots, the whole place has a very "natural" feel to it.

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
Small question, are you going to eventually upload a world download of this?
I'm thinking I will, probably by the end of this weekend(?) I still want to get some beautification done and work on balancing it out. I'll throw up a few more screens in the meantime once notable progress has been made :)

Reactions: ryter78

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking I will, probably by the end of this weekend(?) I still want to get some beautification done and work on balancing it out. I'll throw up a few more screens in the meantime once notable progress has been made :)
Yay! Looks like I'm going to have some fun exploring next week! :D

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great! I might ned to start a DW20 map to play this.....
Well the good news is that it's so far compatible with anything running RP2 Pre6. A few additional features could be missed without having Wireless Redstone and TC3, but these are purely aesthetic. Everything else in it is vanilla.

Reactions: Invaders

Oldbombadil

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very close to the final product now. I have to just go over the map and make sure I didn't leave any weird blocks anywhere, and do a final beautification and I will release.
edit: all done :)