The Abandoned Laboratory -- A FTB Starter Map

Discussion in 'Third Party Maps' started by Oldbombadil, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Oldbombadil

Oldbombadil New Member

Oldbombadil & Airedot's Abandoned Laboratory Feed The Beast mod pack Starter Map!
    **This map is compatible with the Ultimate pack, DW20 pack, Mindcrack pack, FTB lite pack, and Techworld pack. If you desire to play this on a seperate pack then RedPower2 Pre6 & Wireless Redstone + Dependencies are required to play!**

This map has become quite a fun little side project for my girlfriend and I. We both share a love for Minecraft and the FTB mod pack! However I am generally one to construct everything technical before she even has a place to move in to. We started a server and I decided to be the builder bee while she learned more of the technical side of it and I think I went a little overboard.. In all its glory: The Abandoned Laboratory​

[​IMG]
    Map Features:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Download Link:
    Installation Instructions:
    Using either Winzip or Winrar extract the Abandoned Laboratory folder directly into your Feed The Beast X://*Mod Pack Name (e.g. Direwolf20)*/minecraft/saves folder
    Useful Information About The Map:
    • Map seed is 3107761627244820496
    • The factory is built at: 200, 580
    • Thaumcraft Altars at: 348, 762; 375, 510; 718, 649​
    • Village at: 608, 612
    • Redstone for blinking lights in factory at: 200, 5, 580 (encased in bedrock)

2. Urkine

Urkine New Member

Just by seeing the screenshots, I have a large amount of excitement for the final product, and just because it seems like an extremely good idea, especially that most of the buildings go with the natural flow of the terrain generation. (liked)

3. Oldbombadil

Oldbombadil New Member

Thank you Urkine! If you follow this thread I'll post updates every few days to keep you updated.

4. Urkine

Urkine New Member

No problem :D

5. ryter78

ryter78 New Member

Small question, are you going to eventually upload a world download of this?

6. Yuka

Yuka New Member

This is looking great, I always liked building into the terrain, and must say, from the screenshots, the whole place has a very "natural" feel to it.

7. Oldbombadil

Oldbombadil New Member

I'm thinking I will, probably by the end of this weekend(?) I still want to get some beautification done and work on balancing it out. I'll throw up a few more screens in the meantime once notable progress has been made :)

ryter78 likes this.
  8. ryter78

ryter78 New Member

Yay! Looks like I'm going to have some fun exploring next week! :D

9. Katrinya

Katrinya New Member

I too would be interested in a world download. :)

10. Oldbombadil

Oldbombadil New Member

I'm working on some pretty cool stuff right now :) not too much longer

11. Invaders

Invaders New Member

Looks great! I might ned to start a DW20 map to play this.....

12. Oldbombadil

Oldbombadil New Member

Well the good news is that it's so far compatible with anything running RP2 Pre6. A few additional features could be missed without having Wireless Redstone and TC3, but these are purely aesthetic. Everything else in it is vanilla.

Invaders likes this.
  13. Oldbombadil

Oldbombadil New Member

I'm very close to the final product now. I have to just go over the map and make sure I didn't leave any weird blocks anywhere, and do a final beautification and I will release.
    edit: all done :)

14. ryter78

ryter78 New Member

YAY!!! Weekend fun, here I come!

Oldbombadil likes this.
  15. Bernie3354

Bernie3354 New Member

tI spawned somewhere else and I cant find it. Can u tell me the exact coordinates.

16. Oldbombadil

Oldbombadil New Member

Yeah the coords are 200, 580. If you want locs of some other helpful information check out the 'useful information about the map' spoiler.

17. Bernie3354

Bernie3354 New Member

thx for the info

Oldbombadil likes this.
  18. ryter78

ryter78 New Member

By the way, I love what you've done with the village!

Oldbombadil likes this.
  19. Oldbombadil

Oldbombadil New Member

That was actually Airedot but I will pass along the message :)

ryter78 likes this.
  20. ryter78

ryter78 New Member

Ok, cool!