Thaumcraft Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
That is the aura node. Your source of Vis in that area of the world.

You would have to get closer to see the exact type it is, but as long as it does not have a black hole looking thing in it then it will not be dangerous until you generate flux. When you do generate a lot of flux it will balance itself out by making wisps or shooting some lightning and other fun things.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, but at the same time, that means that it is not a corrupt node, so you can make it clean again with silverwood trees in the area, or so I heard.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
I recently made myself Goggles of Revealing and I saw this right behind my house/thaumcraft room. What is it, and is it a good or bad thing?

http://imgur.com/CeBi5n0

That is an Aura node where you get your Vis to fuel your Thaumcraft infusions. The node is too far away to tell what type it is. If you see a white whirlpool in there then that is an unstable node and will naturally generate flux. If a node has the spiral and is dark purple, then that is a dark node and it also will naturally produce flux. Pure nodes look like that one but they have a white starburst inside them as well. They naturally cleanse themselves of flux. If the node appears to have none of those then it is just a regular node.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
That is a good node. If it has lightning, it has some flux. As long as it doesn't have anything dark anywhere, it should be fine.