Thaumcraft CV Usage

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
They don't. The update that introduced the cv network reduced jars and thus mirrors to supplying arcane infusion only.

You can connect up pipes to pipe perdito in. That runs the bore faster but does not allow a repair enchanted pick to repair while in the bore.
Well, crap. That's just a big bucket o' good news. Thanks again.

Not worried about the repair enchant ATM. Using an efficiency 5 bound pickaxe.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
End-game Thaumcraft turning into a power system management game sucked...If you are going to have a power system it needs implemented at the start. Especially something that requires so much planning and node growth like CV.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I kind of like how the mirror works for the Infusion Matrix and I can't fathom why the support for it was removed.

For vanilla Thaumcraft, there are too much con vs pro for one to use Energised nodes.

Cons
1. Energised nodes when de-energised, loses all vis and have a very likely chance of degrading into a pale or even lower node. That usually means you will need to find a new node l soon.

2. Node Stabilisers aren't Hungry node-proof. If they were, issue 1 will be easily counteracted by feeding the now empty hungry node.

3. You HAVE to de-energise the node before moving it. No ways around it. Meaning you can avoid issue number 1.

Otherwise, I like how the Energised node system works.
For me right now, I uses Technomancy to generate new hungry nodes as and when I need to replace dying nodes.
It is still a pain since I have to go through the feeding process ( takes quite a while ) and then tainting it ( another PITA step ) before I can use it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Lessons learned last night. PAINFULLY.

1) Turn off the node squisher BEFORE you turn off the stabilizer.
2) Do NOT attempt to telepose a CV'd node.
3) Flux cleanup is unfun in small amounts. It's complete crap when a node explodes. Twice.

yea... I actually suggested this method to someone in ways of creating taint, by moving an energized node

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
yea... I actually suggested this method to someone in ways of creating taint, by moving an energized node

Ive always considered it cheating to clean up any purple goo by destroying it with blocks.
So: flux cleanup in small amounts is irrelevant. and flux cleanup in large amounts is irrelevant.
But now, there is a flux cleanup thingy. Which means that:
Flux cleanup in small amounts is irrelevant. And flux cleanup in large amounts is irrelevant.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Ive always considered it cheating to clean up any purple goo by destroying it with blocks.
So: flux cleanup in small amounts is irrelevant. and flux cleanup in large amounts is irrelevant.
But now, there is a flux cleanup thingy. Which means that:
Flux cleanup in small amounts is irrelevant. And flux cleanup in large amounts is irrelevant.

you could also use the sponge from Thermal Expansion to clean up flux goo, heck, you can even put that sponge in a fluid transposer to transfer it into a liquid container

Reactions: epidemia78

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Fun with RotaryCraft EMP's heh(I haven't tried to energize this node yet in my test world, but some interesting results..)

Attachments

• 2015-01-05_03.11.29.png
    2015-01-05_03.11.29.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 69