Thaumcraft CV Usage

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I was wondering about that myself...1/10000 chance of zapping an aspect at that point, right? lol

I should have done more reading. The chance to pick up a new aspect via bullying goes down the larger the node is?

srs?

/headdesk.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong, but I think its per aspect. So, with 10000 perditio it would be 1/10000 for another perditio. Again, it could be total, I am not 100% certain.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Setting up an automated alembic system to keep jars of Perdito topped off is pretty easy. I use jars for my bore and it's pretty quick to setup and swap out.

I use my Charged Node for wand/sceptre recharging and wand foci enchanting. My regular nodes are for my staff and amulet.

Growing a non-hungry node to 400+ (each) takes months. I can't imagine how long 1000+ (each) would take.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Setting up an automated alembic system to keep jars of Perdito topped off is pretty easy. I use jars for my bore and it's pretty quick to setup and swap out.

I use my Charged Node for wand/sceptre recharging and wand foci enchanting. My regular nodes are for my staff and amulet.

Growing a non-hungry node to 400+ (each) takes months. I can't imagine how long 1000+ (each) would take.

Since the amount of CV generated is the square root of the normal vis, it doesn't take long for this to get really inefficient. The node I am growing has gone from 147 ignis to 149 ignis in the past 2 days. It has been almost 2 weeks since I started growing this node. I'm just waiting for aqua to get a little bit larger so it will hit the 10 CV mark, then I'm energizing it. I don't think I could wait the months needed to get it to 400+.

Vis needed for energized node.
Code:
  CV     Normal     Bright
 1 CV     1 vis      1 vis
 2 CV     4 vis      4 vis
 3 CV     9 vis      9 vis
 4 CV    16 vis     14 vis
 5 CV    25 vis     21 vis
 6 CV    36 vis     30 vis
 7 CV    49 vis     41 vis
 8 CV    64 vis     54 vis
 9 CV    81 vis     68 vis
10 CV   100 vis     84 vis
11 CV   121 vis    101 vis
12 CV   144 vis    120 vis
13 CV   169 vis    141 vis
14 CV   196 vis    164 vis
15 CV   225 vis    188 vis

As you can see, the 20% bonus for bright nodes really starts to come in handy as the node gets larger. It will often take you up an extra level.

Pale nodes supposedly have a 20% penalty applied to them for figuring out the CV, so I would make sure not to use them as your energized node if you can help it.

If you can clear out one of the new dungeons and get a primordial pearl, the advanced alchemical furnace works very well and easily automates as it only needs CV from an energized node to run. I've got mine hooked up to an a single automated wisp farm and cow farm using the necromancer tablets from Thaumic Tinkerer, and it produces enough essentia to fill up about 8 jars of tutamen, praecantatio and potentia (for shielding), in one day not to mention tons of aurum and all the primal essentia. The other essentia jars fill up a bit slower as non-primal essence is a bit more rare, and I'm only using the one spawner, but overall, not too bad.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Trying out the hungry node path. Of course, picking up the hungry made it pale, so it'll probably shatter or fade before it can be made useful, but hey, we'll see. Cobblestone munching has commenced

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Trying out the hungry node path. Of course, picking up the hungry made it pale, so it'll probably shatter or fade before it can be made useful, but hey, we'll see. Cobblestone munching has commenced

next time try teleposing (blood magic) the hungry node, though it'll require a bit more work.
you could use a 5x5x5 focus and create an obsidian floor of 3x3 beneath the hungry node, and right under the obsidian you can safely place the teleposer.
this way you can safely telepose the hungry node to the location that you want without damaging the node

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
next time try teleposing (blood magic) the hungry node, though it'll require a bit more work.
you could use a 5x5x5 focus and create an obsidian floor of 3x3 beneath the hungry node, and right under the obsidian you can safely place the teleposer.
this way you can safely telepose the hungry node to the location that you want without damaging the node
/headdesk. I should have thought of that.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

The other option is to taint your node, then (in the tainted biome so you don't contaminate your home) put it on a stabilizer. Might have to use an advanced stabilizer, I don't remember. Over time, a node on a stabilizer will return to normal. That said, I've not tested the timeframe needed.

Using this method, you can replace your stabilizer and node if the new jarring fades it again. Have fun with the RNG.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The other option is to taint your node, then (in the tainted biome so you don't contaminate your home) put it on a stabilizer. Might have to use an advanced stabilizer, I don't remember. Over time, a node on a stabilizer will return to normal. That said, I've not tested the timeframe needed.

Using this method, you can replace your stabilizer and node if the new jarring fades it again. Have fun with the RNG.

I believe you can only convert unstable and fading nodes into pale ones. I don't believe you can repair pale nodes to normal.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you are feeding the node, the best item you can easily feed it is probably crafting tables. The fabrico from that will break down into all the primals, so you don't need to worry about any other type.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
If you are feeding the node, the best item you can easily feed it is probably crafting tables. The fabrico from that will break down into all the primals, so you don't need to worry about any other type.
Almost all...no ignis

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Lessons learned last night. PAINFULLY.

1) Turn off the node squisher BEFORE you turn off the stabilizer.
2) Do NOT attempt to telepose a CV'd node.
3) Flux cleanup is unfun in small amounts. It's complete crap when a node explodes. Twice.

All I wanted was perditio. Trying to feed an arcane bore. I've come to the conclusion that it's a pointless waste of time. You cannot, apparently, transfer CV via mirrors, and the potentially destructive action of switching node-squishing on and off means that they're basically stationary. Trying to use an arcane bore to do anything cool or useful (like, make a long tunnel) becomes an exercise in frustration when you have to keep stretching that cv chain from beginning to end and probably keep the whole line chunkloaded or risk your valuable node (gotta be at least 25 perditio to be large enough to do anything for the bore) moving it down the line.

Not feeling the thaumcraft love today :)

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
"thankfully" CV is going away in TC5.
I like the idea. Heck, I like many of the TC ideas. It's a cool mod.

The implementation feels incomplete.

Since there are some experts already snickering in the background (and offering helpful suggestions). Essentia mirrors. How do they work with an arcane bore, or do they? I've tried probably 8 different means to pull perditio through a mirror to my bore and it's almost as frustrating as the node squishing, if for different reasons.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea. Heck, I like many of the TC ideas. It's a cool mod.

The implementation feels incomplete.

Since there are some experts already snickering in the background (and offering helpful suggestions). Essentia mirrors. How do they work with an arcane bore, or do they? I've tried probably 8 different means to pull perditio through a mirror to my bore and it's almost as frustrating as the node squishing, if for different reasons.
They don't. The update that introduced the cv network reduced jars and thus mirrors to supplying arcane infusion only.

You can connect up pipes to pipe perdito in. That runs the bore faster but does not allow a repair enchanted pick to repair while in the bore.