Thaumcraft CV Usage

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Can multiple sources of CV stack together to feed a single device?

If I had 10 nodes with 100 perdito and stuck them in the node machine, would I be able to feed all 10 of them individually into an arcane bore for full power, or would I need to wait to get a 10000 perdito node for full power?

I assume the first is possible, but haven't seen anything to validate it.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
The mechanic for the relays is that a relay can take in only one cv/t stream, but it can output to multiple other devices/relays.

I don't know if that mechanic is also used by devices/machines.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
I had a question along these lines, its about node bullying. Does it decided who is biggest off total aspects or biggest single number?

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
You need to stablize the nodes, which auto protects against bullying.
This should be a part of the stablizer thaumomicon entry:

Remember Thaumaturges:
Only YOU can stop bullying!

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I just use Technomancy and make myself a hungry node. Then feed it crafting tables till it is big enough for my purpose.

Then I'll jar it and bring the Hungry node to a tainted biome. Leave it there till it loses it's Hungry aspect and turns Tainted.

Then jar it and bring it to where I want the Energised node, and energise it. (There will be some taint spawning while you energise the node so you'll have to be around until it got energised. )

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I just use Technomancy and make myself a hungry node. Then feed it crafting tables till it is big enough for my purpose.

Then I'll jar it and bring the Hungry node to a tainted biome. Leave it there till it loses it's Hungry aspect and turns Tainted.

Then jar it and bring it to where I want the Energised node, and energise it. (There will be some taint spawning while you energise the node so you'll have to be around until it got energised. )
Silly question, but why do you taint the hungry node?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
To override the Hungry aspect. Nodes can only have one aspect to it. Like Hungry, Tainted, Sinister, etc.

The easiest to induce in a node is tainted due to the fact you only need the node to be inside a tainted biome.

And having it be tainted will cause it to lose the Hungry aspect so you can have an easier time energising it without it trying to eat the Node Transducer every other second.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
To override the Hungry aspect. Nodes can only have one aspect to it. Like Hungry, Tainted, Sinister, etc.

The easiest to induce in a node is tainted due to the fact you only need the node to be inside a tainted biome.

And having it be tainted will cause it to lose the Hungry aspect so you can have an easier time energising it without it trying to eat the Node Transducer every other second.
Yeah, that makes sense.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Node Stabiliser: Will not bully nor get bullied by nearby nodes.

Advanced Node Stabiliser: Will not get bullied but if able to, will bully nearby nodes.

Standard bullying mechanic still stands. The node inside the ANS must be bigger than its bully target. It will not attempt to bully nodes that is bigger than it is.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I thought even in the advanced stabilizer that it will not bully bigger nodes?

That is correct, you cannot bully a larger node, but if you have several nodes available, it will protect the node from being bullied by the larger nodes until it has grown enough to bully all the other ones. For instance, if you get a smaller, but nice bright node, you can protect it from a few of the larger nodes you eventually want to feed it until it grows large enough to bully all the others. Then you don't have to babysit the node. Just place it inside an advanced stabilizer and be done with it.

As far as the amount of CV you need, I have found that a 3CV node (27 vis natively) is large enough to feed both the advanced alchemical furnace and an infernal furnace at the same time with ignis. Crystalizers can demand a lot of terra CV, but you rarely need more than 1 or 2 crystalizers. Everything else that can run off of vis doesn't have any competition, so you can get by with a very small node. You don't need to grow a node very large to be useful.

I've been growing a bright node I captured in the center of a 7x7x7 cube with 8 feeder nodes at the corners, and in the past 8 days, it has only fully consumed 1 node (which was an extremely tiny node--less than 25 total vis), and the largest single aspect has grown to almost 150. It has been stuck just shy of 150 for the past several days. The chance for it to grow is currently about 1/150 for each zap, so growth has slowed down quite a bit. I've been really tempted the last couple days of just calling it done and energizing the node. It's already much larger than I will ever effectively need.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I had a question along these lines, its about node bullying. Does it decided who is biggest off total aspects or biggest single number?

The total aspects (when fully charged) determine which node is bigger. However, a technically larger node, that is drained such that its current total is smaller than nearby nodes will not bully those nodes until it recharges enough.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
That is correct, you cannot bully a larger node, but if you have several nodes available, it will protect the node from being bullied by the larger nodes until it has grown enough to bully all the other ones. For instance, if you get a smaller, but nice bright node, you can protect it from a few of the larger nodes you eventually want to feed it until it grows large enough to bully all the others. Then you don't have to babysit the node. Just place it inside an advanced stabilizer and be done with it.

As far as the amount of CV you need, I have found that a 3CV node (27 vis natively) is large enough to feed both the advanced alchemical furnace and an infernal furnace at the same time with ignis. Crystalizers can demand a lot of terra CV, but you rarely need more than 1 or 2 crystalizers. Everything else that can run off of vis doesn't have any competition, so you can get by with a very small node. You don't need to grow a node very large to be useful.

I've been growing a bright node I captured in the center of a 7x7x7 cube with 8 feeder nodes at the corners, and in the past 8 days, it has only fully consumed 1 node (which was an extremely tiny node--less than 25 total vis), and the largest single aspect has grown to almost 150. It has been stuck just shy of 150 for the past several days. The chance for it to grow is currently about 1/150 for each zap, so growth has slowed down quite a bit. I've been really tempted the last couple days of just calling it done and energizing the node. It's already much larger than I will ever effectively need.
Um.. I think mr ichor wand has other thoughts :)

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm more interesting in powering an arcane bore. The book claims it works from 5 to 100 CV. Getting a single node with 10000 perditio seems like a ridiculous pipe dream, which is why I wondered about feeding it from two or more, smaller, energized nodes.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I was wondering about that myself...1/10000 chance of zapping an aspect at that point, right? lol