Thaumcraft 4 - The Update Thread! Now With Infusion Crafting

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
BoP Muddy Boots are much win.
Lots of mods have tapped into the TC3 api and we have benefited. But the old research is still a grindfest. I'm looking forward to a new system. Although now it seems I need to research doodle god to learn how to use it.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well this new system actually looks like it'll prevent people from posting "cheat sheets" online. If all else fails, this shall be my silver lining.

Don't think so, specific researches still require specific aspects, but you have to move the runes around the page by yourself.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

No more infusion altar. We now have infusion crafting. I must admit that even if the Sword of the Zephyr is older content, this is a shining example of a cool NEW way to get something you had before. I know Thaumic Tinkerer will also have cool interaction with this new mechanic.

Azanor is pretty awesome at this. ;)

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just wondering if he will do something for items that you might wanna make in stacks. I love the way one off items are made.. But things like Arcane levitators, and decor blocks... I would really love some way of giving it the necessary items, without it getting broken up... Saw what happened to dire when he tried crafting nitor and I was just raging inside. But that video you just shared gives me hope.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just wondering if he will do something for items that you might wanna make in stacks. I love the way one off items are made.. But things like Arcane levitators, and decor blocks... I would really love some way of giving it the necessary items, without it getting broken up... Saw what happened to dire when he tried crafting nitor and I was just raging inside. But that video you just shared gives me hope.

In the thread on the Minecraft Forums Azanor has stated that the time before decay starts in the crucible has been increased so it should be easier to craft multiple crucible recipes, I suspect that aspect crafting will be required for machines\items however since typically you won't really ever need to make a stack of levitators\arcane bores\Sword of the Zephyrs or if you do need a stack it's not something you will do very often.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
No more infusion altar. We now have infusion crafting. I must admit that even if the Sword of the Zephyr is older content, this is a shining example of a cool NEW way to get something you had before. I know Thaumic Tinkerer will also have cool interaction with this new mechanic.

There are not words to describe the awesome in that new infusion crafting. Bravo, Azanor. Bravo.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
In the thread on the Minecraft Forums Azanor has stated that the time before decay starts in the crucible has been increased so it should be easier to craft multiple crucible recipes, I suspect that aspect crafting will be required for machines\items however since typically you won't really ever need to make a stack of levitators\arcane bores\Sword of the Zephyrs or if you do need a stack it's not something you will do very often.
Well to be fair do you really ever need levitators? No, but their nice to have for creating something of a different variety. Their a neat technical builders block that's rather unique. It's a block that can actually push a player up.

And while thaumcraft has interesting mechanics, and lovely blocks, I feel like the mechanics backfire and sometimes push people away from delving deepling into thaumcraft. Or from using the blocks as much as they could be used. Warded stone has a lovely balance of giving back a plethora of the block you craft, and I wish more recipes could be like that, or if he added a larger cauldron to assist in crafting in large quantities. I want to make a stack of nitor for lighting around my base, and I have to refill and split stacks of items to make 16. I cluttter my inventory, calculate what to throw into the cauldron, prepare the recipe to have to craft in incriminates. I love that thaumcraft has unique crafting, but I hate how it limits the crafting of items in general despite being prepared for it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I used to decant aspects and craft via only the aspects I needed for an item. It boiled down to basic math and knowledge of aspects. You gain that knowledge via the research (or wikis). I never found it that big of an issue

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! looks amazing + we can have odd rooms now.

but I don't like how the sound abruptly ends when the sword is finished.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
People need to take notes from Azanor. That man knows how to make some textures and particle effects.[DOUBLEPOST=1379474532][/DOUBLEPOST]And did anyone else notice he used a Gold Banded Reed Wand? It kinda delves into how intricate the new wand mechanics are going to be since in other videos, he has just a woodden wand.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
People need to take notes from Azanor. That man knows how to make some textures and particle effects.[DOUBLEPOST=1379474532][/DOUBLEPOST]And did anyone else notice he used a Gold Banded Reed Wand? It kinda delves into how intricate the new wand mechanics are going to be since in other videos, he has just a woodden wand.

In the video Dire posted recently, he was making or trying to make a Thaumium-capped Silverwood Core wand. I also liked the look of the Blaze Rod wand that (slowly ?) refills its Fire aspect. I very much like how the new Thaumcraft progression looks - certainly much more interesting than the magnifying glass spam black hole, which, to Azanor's credit, was not entirely his fault. All the other mods that used Thaum made the research tree that much larger and given the mostly random nature of TC3 research, it made researching a specific topic very hit-and-miss-and-miss-and-miss.

It took me 2 hours of magnifying glass spam this latest playthrough to get the specific golem animation core I wanted after I had it unlocked and ready to research. The research table kept steering me towards other topics.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

Indeed. This looks really, really cool. Other modders would be well served to take notes from Azanor on presentation.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
In the video Dire posted recently, he was making or trying to make a Thaumium-capped Silverwood Core wand. I also liked the look of the Blaze Rod wand that (slowly ?) refills its Fire aspect. I very much like how the new Thaumcraft progression looks - certainly much more interesting than the magnifying glass spam black hole, which, to Azanor's credit, was not entirely his fault. All the other mods that used Thaum made the research tree that much larger and given the mostly random nature of TC3 research, it made researching a specific topic very hit-and-miss-and-miss-and-miss.

It took me 2 hours of magnifying glass spam this latest playthrough to get the specific golem animation core I wanted after I had it unlocked and ready to research. The research table kept steering me towards other topics.

Personally, I love the new capped wands with the bag. You can get a wand, just one wand, and it can be switched with another cap to use multiple spells. Hence, all the wands are now worth getting since they used to take up 6 or so different inventory spaces. Now they take two and will hopefully have more content.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I love the new capped wands with the bag. You can get a wand, just one wand, and it can be switched with another cap to use multiple spells. Hence, all the wands are now worth getting since they used to take up 6 or so different inventory spaces. Now they take two and will hopefully have more content.
I love how they function but I'm not thrilled with how they look. They're rather plain compared to the old version. Maybe it's that the caps are the same size so it looks like a majorette Baton and not magical implement. :p

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I love how they function but I'm not thrilled with how they look. They're rather plain compared to the old version. Maybe it's that the caps are the same size so it looks like a majorette Baton and not magical implement. :p

They needs swirling patterns, only small ones, but that would be awesome.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019

Eh. They don't look phenomenal, but I kinda like them. Maybe Azanor/Some Other modder will add advanced caps that are stronger/more efficient and have a different look to them.

The old wands looked like the same versions of themselves with a different color and a "spot the difference" type of change to them. They all looked like wands, but they looked too similar for my personal taste.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I like the new wand mechanic, but I don't like how you need to charge them. they don't really hold much so you'll constantly need to refill it, or end up carrying numerous wands on you