Thaumcraft 4 Hungry Node

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
My personal rule is, I bottle nodes in the wild. Once they are in my base I move them around with an archimedes ships console.

That sounds reasonable, and it wouldn't surprise me if TC got a mechanic similar to this, whereby an already-moved node no longer gets downgraded.

I watched DW20's latest server play episode where he talks with Minemaarten about the new drone functionality, when MM said that they had unlimited range on their redstone detection DW said cool, great, love it, but something tells me that MM is going to restrict the range real soon. Of course whenever some functionality has limits, people will bang against those limits and complain but I personally think that mod makers should stick to their guns and be very careful in any decision that makes things unlimited and infinite and omnipotent. If you go too far down that road, you might as well be in creative mode.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds reasonable, and it wouldn't surprise me if TC got a mechanic similar to this, whereby an already-moved node no longer gets downgraded.

I watched DW20's latest server play episode where he talks with Minemaarten about the new drone functionality, when MM said that they had unlimited range on their redstone detection DW said cool, great, love it, but something tells me that MM is going to restrict the range real soon. Of course whenever some functionality has limits, people will bang against those limits and complain but I personally think that mod makers should stick to their guns and be very careful in any decision that makes things unlimited and infinite and omnipotent. If you go too far down that road, you might as well be in creative mode.

well, it's on forgecraft after all, forgecraft is more of a test server, so I wouldn't be suprised if certain things get changed upon public release

Reactions: SynfulChaot

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be fine with a configurable limit on the drones. Unlimited range could potentially gum up servers if overused.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'd be fine with a configurable limit on the drones. Unlimited range could potentially gum up servers if overused.
I don't see how. If anything, unlimited range is the easiest and most efficient implementation, simply because it doesn't need to perform a distance calculation. Less computation = less server load. Only a tiny amount though.