Thaumcraft 4 Hungry Node

SavannahMan

Jul 29, 2019
I just placed tons of nodes down till I got a hungry one.

@Vazkii. Love the thaumic restorer. Especially useful seeing as you can repair the enchanted chaste's from Bibliocraft.

In terms of putting you up with Azanor. Your Robin, he's Batman. I have discredited a number of modpacks due to the lack of your mod. Hopefully the other addon makers will also reach the same level of fame in the future.

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, talk about overexageration.
Not at all.
TC without TT is not complete. I don't think anyone who plays TC views TT as an a mere addon as that would imply that it was, in some way, optional.

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I just placed tons of nodes down till I got a hungry one.

@Vazkii. Love the thaumic restorer. Especially useful seeing as you can repair the enchanted chaste's from Bibliocraft.

In terms of putting you up with Azanor. Your Robin, he's Batman. I have discredited a number of modpacks due to the lack of your mod. Hopefully the other addon makers will also reach the same level of fame in the future.

NBT Explorer (available for Windows or Mac) really makes tweaking nodes easy.
It might look intimidating to edit a map at NBT level.
Its not.

The CobbleManiac

Jul 29, 2019
You need a super piston clock pushing glass into the node's sides faster than it can digest (with it's aspectase? Hehe just a biology joke). Then place the wodden slabs on the top. If the node happens to eat those as well I suggest another piston spammer would do the trick. Then of course shrink the node into the jar.
If you wanna enslave the node my advice is, use the Wand Foci: Warding (it should render the block undigestable by the node) and put the node in the center and break the jar. You get a hungry node farm. I guess it could also serve as a Thaumcraft 4 version of a recycler, gets the junk and converts them into usefulness, in this case aspects. Got too much cobblestone or dirt from that quarry? Feed that to the hungry node. You could potentially just get like millions of Saxum and Terra aspects from that single node instead of voiding it (hopefully it does work that way, just an idea of mine). For more variety you could hook up a mob spawner to the node and get an aspect farm out of that, it's pretty rich stuff.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
You need a super piston clock pushing glass into the node's sides faster than it can digest (with it's aspectase? Hehe just a biology joke). Then place the wodden slabs on the top. If the node happens to eat those as well I suggest another piston spammer would do the trick. Then of course shrink the node into the jar.
If you wanna enslave the node my advice is, use the Wand Foci: Warding (it should render the block undigestable by the node) and put the node in the center and break the jar. You get a hungry node farm. I guess it could also serve as a Thaumcraft 4 version of a recycler, gets the junk and converts them into usefulness, in this case aspects. Got too much cobblestone or dirt from that quarry? Feed that to the hungry node. You could potentially just get like millions of Saxum and Terra aspects from that single node instead of voiding it (hopefully it does work that way, just an idea of mine). For more variety you could hook up a mob spawner to the node and get an aspect farm out of that, it's pretty rich stuff.
image.jpg

It is genius though
*puts in siggy*

Reactions: Padfoote

Sandro Cella

Jul 29, 2019

I tested capturing a regular node with one of the glass block warded, it would not bottle it up.

I captured 2 by having a place nearby i can teleport too and zerging it.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, here's how the pros do it. Take notes.
  1. Encase the node in obsidian or a similar block. The node can't destroy it.
  2. Wood slabs on top.
  3. Prepare enough vis to jar the node and a bit extra. You might want two wands.
  4. Equal trade the obsidian for glass and quickly jar the node.

The CobbleManiac

Jul 29, 2019
I tested capturing a regular node with one of the glass block warded, it would not bottle it up.

I captured 2 by having a place nearby i can teleport too and zerging it.
My meaning was that you capture the node unwarded. Then place the node in a jar in a similar casing but ward the blocks this time, then break the jar.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
would be cool if you could place a jar nearby with a certain essentia, that would temporarily "fill" the hunger of the hungry node, preventing the node from sucking up blocks during that time, allowing you to jar the node just like you would do with other nodes. perhaps the essentia consumption could increase when the hungry node is bigger, meaning if you have a hungry node sucking along for a few days you'd need several jars of essentia to be able to jar the node up

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
If you have RandomThings installed, the block mover can move hungry nodes when you get sucked in, which while cheaty is kinda handy.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you have RandomThings installed, the block mover can move hungry nodes when you get sucked in, which while cheaty is kinda handy.
Apparently so can a Cardboard Box from Mek. Which is awesome as one thus has a cool gift for the local asshat, a Black Hole in a Box.

Reactions: Delcar

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I know what would be better than that. TWO black holes in a box!
I dunno, it's hard enough to fit ONE black hole in a box... If only I had a Exactly three shaped Box, then I could go a step further and put THREE black holes in that box!
If I used a Less then Three box, it'd be a great gift to a loved one... or more specifically an EX-loved one since I'd put black holes in them.