Thaumcraft 4.1 Aspects

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, most aspects are pretty easy to find, except for one: Auram

Has anyone else come across this or am I just missing something? I have tried and tried to find items that have Auram in it so I can create stuff like wand caps but finding products that have Auram in it seems impossible to me.

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be greatly appreciated and I will update the ftbwiki.com site so others like me can know exactly what items have Auram in it.

Thanks!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I will update the ftbwiki.com site so others like me can know exactly what items have Auram in it.

Mind updating this due it to being the official FTB wiki?

But the only thing I know of off the top of my head is mana beans. And the wisp shards, whatever those are called.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
What has Auram? Wispy Essence. Where do you find it? Either smash nodes(not always a good idea) or kill wisps(which occasionally drop some).

...Also FTBwiki.com doesn't exist, and if you mean FTBwiki.org it has this detailed already despite being a unoffical wiki.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Nodes, wisps, and of course mana beans. Getting any in enough quantity is a whole 'nother problem, though.

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
I just setup a wisp mob spawner which gets me enough ethereal essence to use for all my aspects with an overflow of auram, one of my least needed/wanted aspects.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I just setup a wisp mob spawner which gets me enough ethereal essence to use for all my aspects with an overflow of auram, one of my least needed/wanted aspects.
This ^

If you can manage to get an automated spawning and killing of wisps, you're set.

Else you're stuck exploring round and round and round for nodes to kill.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
In my actual world I settled in a ravine in a magic forest biome. Those beasts keep spawning there like hell. I got 30 etheral essences until I lit up everything and I didn't even go hunting. I'm pretty good at the bow now ;)

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
This ^

If you can manage to get an automated spawning and killing of wisps, you're set.

Else you're stuck exploring round and round and round for nodes to kill.
I also made the walls out of tanks from open blocks and filled them with the xp I got from the farm XD
The best way I've found to kill them by hand (I also want the aspects from them for my wand, the main reason I made the farm) is to use a TC Scythe + A geostrata strength crystal for Strength 3, get's you an insta kill on all mobs no matter how much damage your actuall weapon does. Kinda op, oh well.

Edit - With my 5.5 heart sword + Strength 3 you can do 38 hearts of damage a hit XD

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Use a Force mitt on Silverwood leaves to get extra Silverwood saplings. Plant the extra saplings until you get a Silverwood with pure nodes. Knock down the node block and get tons of essence.