Thaumcraft 3 Cheat Sheet (SPOILERS!)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Healing potions are cheap enough, the highest cost is time, really. You get 3 potions for one brewing which gets you 9 points or a whopping 18 with level II if you want to use glowstone. Certainly better than milk with 2 measly points. Cake is a pain to make but so are potions I guess. 8 points on the cake (OP is outdated). Potions would take the cake here imo.

Btw, the OP is grossly outdated and this thread keeps coming back with people correcting it when it has probably been corrected already by others but the post isn't updated anymore.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
The other thing that would be very useful is a list of items that only have one aspect, for efficient thaumaturgy without creating excess flux.

Liam99

Jul 29, 2019
Cactus is better for Telum more than swords or arrows. Swords take more materials and arrows, you need to farm Skeletal Archers, and to do that efficiently you need to find a spawner. For Cacti just simply, sand, water, Cacti and you have an automatic Cacti farm.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Cactus is better for Telum more than swords or arrows. Swords take more materials and arrows, you need to farm Skeletal Archers, and to do that efficiently you need to find a spawner. For Cacti just simply, sand, water, Cacti and you have an automatic Cacti farm.
Arrows do not have extraneous aspects, though. That is still useful for crafting. For researching it doesn't really matter what you use as long as you're not going to miss the item used.

Liam99

Jul 29, 2019
Arrows do not have extraneous aspects, though. That is still useful for crafting. For researching it doesn't really matter what you use as long as you're not going to miss the item used.
This is true for early game but late game, after you have discovered the Arcane Alembic, I believe the cactus will be the best.
Also for people who have discovered the Arcane Alembic I discovered a mini-glitch (surely already known just want to add it in), if you make a Magic Tallow it takes 4 Corpus, but after you make the Tallow is is made up of 4 Corpus and 1 Precantatio, so just throw the Tallow back in and it will give you the Tallow back, but put 1 Precantatio into your Alembic. So basically free Magic.

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
This is true for early game but late game, after you have discovered the Arcane Alembic, I believe the cactus will be the best.
Also for people who have discovered the Arcane Alembic I discovered a mini-glitch (surely already known just want to add it in), if you make a Magic Tallow it takes 4 Corpus, but after you make the Tallow is is made up of 4 Corpus and 1 Precantatio, so just throw the Tallow back in and it will give you the Tallow back, but put 1 Precantatio into your Alembic. So basically free Magic.
At the cost of Vis, which can be nasty later when you realize that your node isn't replenishing anymore...

Treita

Jul 29, 2019
I have found that the best way to make tallow is from zombie flesh. If you're using a soulshard mod, making a spawner is easy, but time consuming. With access to a portal gun or gravity gun, you can move natural zombie spawners into a room.
I've never uploaded a picture on here, but I'll try to post the setup I have. Simple enough. 13x13x13 room was intended to try and spawn slimes, but failed. The spawners are up at the top with lights connected to a switch. Ladder down into iron bar cage with gate for getting out after exp and goodies. Turn the lights out and go about your business for a few minutes. come back and kill as you need.
I added some brains in jars at the bottom to collect exp, and a fire wand is best for clearing the room quickly. As in, 3-6 spawning every other second isn't fast enough to keep up with it.
At that height, skeletons won't be able to shoot at you on the glass if they're in there as well.

Attachments

• 2013-05-23_14.38.51.png
    2013-05-23_14.38.51.png
    714.2 KB · Views: 128

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I make tallow from my own flesh, I'm a masochist. You just dip your toes in the crucible and you have corpus in there.

Sterling

Jul 29, 2019
When playing FTB Ultimate, rubber wood is even cheaper than flint. The rubber wood trees from MineFactory Reloaded grow like regular trees and give you one rubber resin with each block you chop down. They drop saplings like regular trees too.

Creeperborn14235

Jul 29, 2019
I found a few essentias for "Aer"

Wispy Essence (Aer)
Crystalized Aer Aspect (Magic Bees must be installed for this.)
Bottle of Rain Water