Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
6.00 GB Ram
64bit
Dual graphics cards: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

My laptop can run Skyrim, Vanilla Minecraft, and TF2 all on top settings, render distance far ect....
But for some reason when it come to FTB I can only get a max FPS of 20, and thats when I am standing stil...
Although it wasnt always like that. When I used to play FTB on Windows 7 I got a minimum of 40FPS, but since I clean installed Windows 8, it has been crap.

P.S. I have changed the settings so that I launch FTB with the nvidia and not the intel.

Thanks for the help!
Gabe

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Your CPU is not that great, and neither the integrated card or dedicated is very powerful.

Best I can suggest is lower your render distance, this performance doesn't seem that odd for your hardware.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
3D games in Java take a crap ton more CPU and GPU power than games optimized with custom engines. You GPU is OK but yes turn particles to minimal, lower render distance to normal and anything else you can to lower the load. FTB is murder on systems than can play normal games at high settings.

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
But its just that it ran like a dream in Windows 7, so I dont know why that stopped when I clean installed 8.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure your graphics card is set as the default in your nvidia control panel and not your integrated graphics.

Edit: Hrm, this option isn't in my control panel now since I've updated my drivers. It may be a deprecated feature. Be sure you have the most recent drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.