Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seems a little too ambitious to me, and probably won't work

• this is a terrible idea, TFC is perfect the way it is

• Total voters

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I had this crazy idea like last night: What if someone made a modpack that adds industry (tinker's construct and family [if compatible, forced or otherwise], IC2, BC, AE [if compatible] and others) I've noticed that much of the same progression is there already, you have to get copper and all that stuff in TFC, all are used in the industrial mods for minecraft. Yes, I understand that I'm goping to have to do a TONE of work making all those recipes use the TFC ores and stuff, but I'd still like to know if it'll be worth undertaking in the first place, don't want to spend all this time and there not really be any suport for it. I was also thinking about coming up with a skyblock for TFC, it'd use Ex Nihilo for cobble-gen and not sure how to get the stone for the anvil though, any thoughts? tips? hints? I'm all ears.

Planet James

Jul 29, 2019
You could use that mod that adds recipies to ex nihilo, not sure what it is, maybe modtweaker. Anyway, simply add custom recipies xD,
Like the idea though

Kronoak

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I had this crazy idea like last night: What if someone made a modpack that adds industry (tinker's construct and family [if compatible, forced or otherwise], IC2, BC, AE [if compatible] and others) I've noticed that much of the same progression is there already, you have to get copper and all that stuff in TFC, all are used in the industrial mods for minecraft. Yes, I understand that I'm goping to have to do a TONE of work making all those recipes use the TFC ores and stuff, but I'd still like to know if it'll be worth undertaking in the first place, don't want to spend all this time and there not really be any suport for it. I was also thinking about coming up with a skyblock for TFC, it'd use Ex Nihilo for cobble-gen and not sure how to get the stone for the anvil though, any thoughts? tips? hints? I'm all ears.
a fair amount of packs do this, from UHS 3 on the atlauncher, Skyfactory on the Atlauncher, to Epiccraft on the FTB Launcher.

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
Moved, read the section rules.
oops, I do apologize about that, I'll be more careful next time

a fair amount of packs do this, from UHS 3 on the atlauncher, Skyfactory on the Atlauncher, to Epiccraft on the FTB Launcher.
Epicraft does not use terrafirma craft, nor do the others to my knowledge.

You could use that mod that adds recipes to ex nihilo, not sure what it is, maybe modtweaker. Anyway, simply add custom recipies xD,
Like the idea though
I would be adding custom recipes to it to make it possible. this one won't be NEARLY as massive (as in number of mods) as my other pack, there's going to be just a handful of extra mods, what I'm most interested in is what mods would you guys feel would mesh the best with TFC? I'm leaning towards Thermal Expansion, Iron Chests, definitely carpenter's blocks and perhaps extra utilities and better chests. I might want to throw in Ender IO it's rather useful and could be one of those end-game mods or something.

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
TFC doesn't play nice with anything. I think it would be intresting though
I am VERY much aware of this, that is why I'd like to get a bit of feedback before I decide to spend the majority of a month or two on this project. the bulk of the compatibility stuff is all the TFC resources, I'd have to change ALL recipies to use them instead of vanilla ores and such. will it be worth it in the end? I think so. so as a sub-topic what mods do you think would fit most with the theme of TFC? and I do mean the industrial ones. I'm thinking Tinker's Construct, the big problem with that though is how tools are made in TFC making TC almost completely obsolete, I'm also thinking better chests, it'd be nice to have a variable chest and/ore back-pack in TFC, just saying. also, big reactors and thermal expansion I feel would be cool, any thoughts on AE? I feel like it's streatching it a little, but I'm mostly on the fence about it

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Believe me. I've tried. It doesn't work well and the creators of TFC won't budge for some small compatibility addons.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
I am VERY much aware of this, that is why I'd like to get a bit of feedback before I decide to spend the majority of a month or two on this project. the bulk of the compatibility stuff is all the TFC resources, I'd have to change ALL recipies to use them instead of vanilla ores and such. will it be worth it in the end? I think so. so as a sub-topic what mods do you think would fit most with the theme of TFC? and I do mean the industrial ones. I'm thinking Tinker's Construct, the big problem with that though is how tools are made in TFC making TC almost completely obsolete, I'm also thinking better chests, it'd be nice to have a variable chest and/ore back-pack in TFC, just saying. also, big reactors and thermal expansion I feel would be cool, any thoughts on AE? I feel like it's streatching it a little, but I'm mostly on the fence about it
I don't know why, but I feel like Ex Nihlo would be a good option, but that may be a little tricky to do. Other than that, maybe Railcraft, with the more power-hungry stuff disabled.

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
hmmmm..... it's starting to look like I might want to go for the sky-block then. or probably a closed room map I guess, any thoughts on the size the room should be? I'm probably going to do a small scale test with like Thermal Expansion or something and see if I can make it work.

Raxmo

Jul 29, 2019
Allright, well, not getting the attention I'd like, however, I'll give this a little more time, and see what people think. At the moment, I really don't see any point in doing this pack.