Tekkit is a joke but my FPS was Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyEvans

Jul 29, 2019
So you're delusional? Because there is no (noticable) difference between HD and "normal" tv.

There is a huge difference. i have a 1080p laptop and my old 768 (i believe) hurts my eyes. go on youtube. go to 240p (240 pixels) and go up to 1080p. more pixles = better picture and sharpness. so you are delissuional. and i know for a fact i can tell when my fps drops from 200 to 150. i feel like im lagging. i can notice..... trust me. and yeah, redwood forests drop me down to 170 from my usual 200 :p on fance. i have a treehouse on Beastcraft in the forests :)

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
GreenWolf13 said:
The human eye and its brain interface, the human visual system, can process 10 to 12 separate images per second, perceiving them individually

Incomplete quote is incomplete and lacks context. The complete quote (below) details how showing separate images at a speed faster than the human visual system can discern them as seperate causes them to blur together and either blend (flashes of light 'mixing') or give a sense of continuity (such as when watching a film).

The human eye and its brain interface, the human visual system, can process 10 to 12 separate images per second, perceiving them individually,[1] however the threshold of perception is more complex, with different stimuli having different thresholds: the average shortest noticeable dark period, such as the flicker of a cathode ray tube monitor or fluorescent lamp, is 16 milliseconds,[2] while single-millisecond visual stimulus may have a perceived duration between 100ms and 400ms due to persistence of vision in the visual cortex. This may cause images perceived in this duration to appear as one stimulus, such as a 10ms green flash of light immediately followed by a 10ms red flash of light perceived as a single yellow flash of light.[3] Persistence of vision may also create an illusion of continuity, allowing a sequence of still images to give the impression of motion. Early silent films had a frame rate from 14 to 24 FPS which was enough for the sense of motion, but it was perceived as jerky motion. By using projectors with dual- and triple-blade shutters the rate was multiplied two or three times as seen by the audience. Thomas Edison said that 46 frames per second was the minimum: "anything less will strain the eye."[4][5] In the mid- to late-1920s, the frame rate for silent films increased to about 20 to 26 FPS.[4]
Source: Wikipedia (Frame Rate) - Background

As to there being no difference between "high definition" and "standard" television/recording.... really? That's like saying things on TV look the same as when they're live/in-person. Never mind pixel density and frame rate (where a higher frame rate lends to a more complete continuity illusion).

Edit - Don't know why I got flame happy there... snipped it... I apologize.

--- Back on Topic ---

Usually problems with Optifine lie with a bad configuration in Optifine's settings, bad/stock graphics card settings (both nVidia and AMD have control panels to tweak individual program rendering settings), or accidentally hitting power save mode (I hate that key combination so much).

Meara

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa whoa whoa.. Who said 18fps is what the human eye can register? Last i herd it was 24... still a load of BS if you ask me.
Not only is FPS a visual thing it also has to do with how "Fluid" the game plays as well. Meaning the FEEL.. how well it responds to input.
However I do think people whining about having Minecraft at 30fps and saying its Unplayable..<Sarcastic> really gives them a leg to stand on. </Sarcastic> I have played more intensive games at less of a frame rate, on a sony viao laptop, from (geeze...what was it....8 years ago?), 0.5 FPS is unplayable!

My current specs are 8gig DDR3, Phenom II x4 Black Edition, ATI Radon 6700, and an Old WD 7200RPM 200gig HHD (well.. that's the master) I'm going no lower then 41fps, sitting in my ware house with my logistic minion dose 99.9% of my work, and guess what NO OPTIFINE! with 64x textures ta-boot, and I'm Perfectly Ok with it.. ;)

So, In my conclusion to what i will state that's ON TOPIC i revert back to my original post a few pages back. There's too many variables to determen WHY this is occurring. meaning Scientific Annasis can not occur with out further evidence.

You could go down the list of all the usuals. Are your drivers up to date? is Java up to date? Have you cleaned out your Temp Files? Defraged in the last year? Have you thought of a nice once a year Reformat? (Not trolling just stating "clean computers go faster.") Virus free and Registry in top conduction?

@Greenwolf
Really if you cant see a difference.. You not being totally mean here, you might wanna get your eyes checked. Just sayin'... :confused:.
Cause let's brake down the facts here.

240p is Antena Quality? (I can't even look it up to verify)
360p (I think this is TV... like old Cable TV from before they had boxes, meaning it's defiantly not Digital Quality)
480p VHS (Up Most best quality VHS can produce) Oh and this is SD
720p DVD (Low HD)
1080p Blue Ray. (True HD)

So your telling me there's no difference between VHS and Blue-Ray? No difference between a PS3 and a Super Nintendo? If you said Yes to either of those questions then either u-b-trollin' or you need to go back to line one after your name. OH! If your baseing your knowledge off of games you have played, only PC and PS3 play HD games :p , and PC will lower your reso then top if you Auto-Detect.

@CoderJ
Actually current Video is at 29.99 (or 30) FPS. So, if 30 fps is unplayable then movies much be un-watchable. However I will admit.. 60-120fps makes me feel like I have the 1337est computer in the world... Like Driving an Audi (fantasizes) :p

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't read this. Read the title. Read OptiFine, more than once.

Optifine has not given FTB permission to be used in this pack (from my understanding).
This pack is still in it's beta stages.

True, but they were stating that they manually added Optifine. I don't think Optifine has a problem with people manually installing Optifine onto their Feed the Beasts.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
True, but they were stating that they manually added Optifine. I don't think Optifine has a problem with people manually installing Optifine onto their Feed the Beasts.
Actually it's causing a whole pile of problems.
Waiting to use Optifine until the pack is complete (and the configs are done being changed, all mods are added, and all files are in) is the safest bet if you're having problems with it.

Otherwise, go ahead, use it. It seems to work for most people, whereas, I am ok, without it.
(Also, for picking my post from over 2 weeks ago, I've since learned more and have a modified viewpoint)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it's causing a whole pile of problems.
Waiting to use Optifine until the pack is complete (and the configs are done being changed, all mods are added, and all files are in) is the safest bet if you're having problems with it.

Otherwise, go ahead, use it. It seems to work for most people, whereas, I am ok, without it.
(Also, for picking my post from over 2 weeks ago, I've since learned more and have a modified viewpoint)

Sorry, I probably should've been a little more clear about what I meant. I meant that the creators of Optifine shouldn't have a problem with people installing Optifine onto their FTBs, since it's not much different from installing it onto a Minecraft.

(Sorry about the old quoting.)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I probably should've been a little more clear about what I meant. I meant that the creators of Optifine shouldn't have a problem with people installing Optifine onto their FTBs, since it's not much different from installing it onto a Minecraft.

(Sorry about the old quoting.)
Not a problem. I'm not a genius with all of this, but personally, I'd rather drive a car that's been completely put together, rather than one that's still a WIP, if you know what I mean ;)
Also, <3 the avatar you've got there

DannyEvans

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa whoa whoa.. Who said 18fps is what the human eye can register? Last i herd it was 24... still a load of BS if you ask me.
Not only is FPS a visual thing it also has to do with how "Fluid" the game plays as well. Meaning the FEEL.. how well it responds to input.
However I do think people whining about having Minecraft at 30fps and saying its Unplayable..<Sarcastic> really gives them a leg to stand on. </Sarcastic> I have played more intensive games at less of a frame rate, on a sony viao laptop, from (geeze...what was it....8 years ago?), 0.5 FPS is unplayable!

My current specs are 8gig DDR3, Phenom II x4 Black Edition, ATI Radon 6700, and an Old WD 7200RPM 200gig HHD (well.. that's the master) I'm going no lower then 41fps, sitting in my ware house with my logistic minion dose 99.9% of my work, and guess what NO OPTIFINE! with 64x textures ta-boot, and I'm Perfectly Ok with it.. ;)

So, In my conclusion to what i will state that's ON TOPIC i revert back to my original post a few pages back. There's too many variables to determen WHY this is occurring. meaning Scientific Annasis can not occur with out further evidence.

You could go down the list of all the usuals. Are your drivers up to date? is Java up to date? Have you cleaned out your Temp Files? Defraged in the last year? Have you thought of a nice once a year Reformat? (Not trolling just stating "clean computers go faster.") Virus free and Registry in top conduction?

@Greenwolf
Really if you cant see a difference.. You not being totally mean here, you might wanna get your eyes checked. Just sayin'... :confused:.
Cause let's brake down the facts here.

240p is Antena Quality? (I can't even look it up to verify)
360p (I think this is TV... like old Cable TV from before they had boxes, meaning it's defiantly not Digital Quality)
480p VHS (Up Most best quality VHS can produce) Oh and this is SD
720p DVD (Low HD)
1080p Blue Ray. (True HD)

So your telling me there's no difference between VHS and Blue-Ray? No difference between a PS3 and a Super Nintendo? If you said Yes to either of those questions then either u-b-trollin' or you need to go back to line one after your name. OH! If your baseing your knowledge off of games you have played, only PC and PS3 play HD games :p , and PC will lower your reso then top if you Auto-Detect.

@CoderJ
Actually current Video is at 29.99 (or 30) FPS. So, if 30 fps is unplayable then movies much be un-watchable. However I will admit.. 60-120fps makes me feel like I have the 1337est computer in the world... Like Driving an Audi (fantasizes) :p

i like you, and just so you know. audis are amazing, however i totaled my moms.... into a gaurd rail sideways.. just saying. audi a4 2.8l quattro... no more

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Not a problem. I'm not a genius with all of this, but personally, I'd rather drive a car that's been completely put together, rather than one that's still a WIP, if you know what I mean ;)
Also, <3 the avatar you've got there

Oh! So you're also a whovian! Too bad this forum can't properly animage gifs. :( My avatar's supposed to flash a few times and disappear.

Yea, I do get your point. I installed Optifine and haven't any problems yet, FTB's a pack of fairly complete mods modifying a fairly complete game that should be fairly compatible with Optifine, but, as you pointed out, FTB's a WIP and some obscure incompatibility could make me crash when putting Ore into a Rock Crusher and then putting the dust into a Furnace powered by a Furnace Heater. Meaning only dusts from Rock Crushers in a Furnace Heater-powered Furnace. :) Or maybe a Slag Furnace, I don't know if Slag Furnaces can smelt the stuff a Furnace can along with the specific recipes (such as Stone when smelting Ores.)

DrunkenWolfer

Jul 29, 2019
As a matter of fact Optifine gave me loads of problems in my custom modpack build for personal use for MC 1.4.5, lots of spam crap in MultiMC console every time I was inside a Mystcraft age, console spam=FPS drop... removed Optifine and all fixed.
My computer is quite old (Core2Duo 3Ghz/NvidiaGTX465) but without Optifine I have 75~125FPS, so if you can avoid to use Optifine, don't use it, IMO.

Since 1.3 Minecraft runs an internal server to play Singleplayer, so Tekkit (1.2.5) is a whole another story right now.

Meara

Jul 29, 2019
i like you, and just so you know. audis are amazing, however i totaled my moms.... into a gaurd rail sideways.. just saying. audi a4 2.8l quattro... no more
No way! :eek:
I hope you're ok cuase i bet your mom went off the deep end!

As a matter of fact Optifine gave me loads of problems in my custom modpack build for personal use for MC 1.4.5, lots of spam crap in MultiMC console every time I was inside a Mystcraft age, console spam=FPS drop... removed Optifine and all fixed.
My computer is quite old (Core2Duo 3Ghz/NvidiaGTX465) but without Optifine I have 75~125FPS, so if you can avoid to use Optifine, don't use it, IMO.

Since 1.3 Minecraft runs an internal server to play Single-player, so Tekkit (1.2.5) is a whole another story right now.
Kinda what I was getting at. I'm assuming the Mixing of Single Player and Minecrafts Somewhat Unreliable Multi-Player, and Some of the mods that where pretty much exclusively single player going multi-player, makes really too many problems. It just adds too many Xs ys and Zs to this equation.

Also if I understand the Releasionship between Server and Client correctly....

The server is the one running all the code and data. The Client just reseeves a message saying, "Display this stuff and 'den 'dat" So thus it's less resorce Intensive client side. I mean most of what Minecraft is heavy on is RAM. Witch is Generation (RAM and CPU Server side), Calculations (witch is handled by the Servers CPU), and Graphics Render (Client GPU)... ::shrug::

----- In General ----
Any way, kinda just thought of another thing. o_O people could try making sure Smooth FPS setting is On? Only other time i could thing that FPS at 20-40 would be really unplayable if its jumping a lot.

DannyEvans

Jul 29, 2019
No way! :eek:
I hope you're ok cuase i bet your mom went off the deep end!

Kinda what I was getting at. I'm assuming the Mixing of Single Player and Minecrafts Somewhat Unreliable Multi-Player, and Some of the mods that where pretty much exclusively single player going multi-player, makes really too many problems. It just adds too many Xs ys and Zs to this equation.

Also if I understand the Releasionship between Server and Client correctly....

The server is the one running all the code and data. The Client just reseeves a message saying, "Display this stuff and 'den 'dat" So thus it's less resorce Intensive client side. I mean most of what Minecraft is heavy on is RAM. Witch is Generation (RAM and CPU Server side), Calculations (witch is handled by the Servers CPU), and Graphics Render (Client GPU)... ::shrug::

----- In General ----
Any way, kinda just thought of another thing. o_O people could try making sure Smooth FPS setting is On? Only other time i could thing that FPS at 20-40 would be really unplayable if its jumping a lot.

Lol my mom is play, glad im okay, idk. bad day

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Also, optifine is good, but each computer seems to have a version it runs well on, while the others don't run as well.

Even with multiple processors, the multi-thread is not always the biggest FPS increase, and I personally found that the "normal" version often works better.

For all those not using optifine, high res texture pack is not even possible, as a 128 pixels one even lagged my dual I7 really bad (5 FPS).

Anyway, comparing a 1.2.5 mod pack to a 1.4.2 one, that even includes way more mods...

Kataracta

Jul 29, 2019
Since my computer is crappy, I use Optifine just to disable a lot of stuff.
But I recently got an issue where my framerates would drop from 25 FPS to 5-6 FPS when inside or close to my house.
After a little investigation and a lot of mod disabling I found out that the problem was the Magmatic Engine from Thermal Expansion. Even if I would place it unconnected to anything, it would still give me a low framerate. I've also tested the Steam Engine and it is also causing lag problems

I reported this issue on the Thermal Expansion formus so hopefully this will be fixed in the next version. Until then I'll have to use other means for getting BC energy :)

PS: I use a custom build with all the latest version of the mods that are/will be included in FTB

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
I get like 10-70 fps and that's bad. Not because I think at that fps is unplayable, it's because the fps flunuates a lot. Why!!!!

SneakyPete

Jul 29, 2019
There is a huge difference. i have a 1080p laptop and my old 768 (i believe) hurts my eyes. go on youtube. go to 240p (240 pixels) and go up to 1080p. more pixles = better picture and sharpness. so you are delissuional. and i know for a fact i can tell when my fps drops from 200 to 150. i feel like im lagging. i can notice..... trust me. and yeah, redwood forests drop me down to 170 from my usual 200 :p on fance. i have a treehouse on Beastcraft in the forests :)
Considering your monitor most likely only 60Hz, there is literally no difference between 200-150 fps. As your monitor can only display 60 fps at the most anyway. I really doubt you can tell the difference between those two framerates.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I notice framerate drops from 150 to 100 easily and I use a 60hz monitor. I can feel the difference on most games I play. Trust me when I record and it drops to around 100 I feel a bit laggy this is very noticeable to GFX intense games like BF3 and Crysis 2

Status
Not open for further replies.