Tekkit is a joke but my FPS was Higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyEvans

Jul 29, 2019
and that worked at first i was up at 70 on far with everything loaded and then bam dropped back down. damn annoying

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Or, if your computer is like mine, it usually shows up when typing "J" while looking at Processes in your Task Manager :p
I'll pretend i thought of that and that it was more to type :p
I've found myself using task manager much less after the whole "why did you press crtl alt del?" screen came instead of it just giving you task manager like it's supposed to :p

and that worked at first i was up at 70 on far with everything loaded and then bam dropped back down. damn annoying
Try setting the global settings to "high performance blabla" and see if that makes it last.
Like in this picture

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'll pretend i thought of that and that it was more to type :p
I've found myself using task manager much less after the whole "why did you press crtl alt del?" screen came instead of it just giving you task manager like it's supposed to :p

I "pinned" it to my taskbar thingy

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't Tekkit 1.2.5? 1.3 caused plenty of FPS loss for about half of all players.
FTB is 1.4.2, and is still in beta.

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
well, could the change made to minecraft (local server and all) be the reason that alot of people are having FPS problems? Tekkit uses 1.2.5 the old minecraft, and FTB uses 1.4.2 the new minecraft...?

pickers

Jul 29, 2019
for those having issues with nvidia cards on a laptop:
Launching minecraft normally engages your graphics card however by going through the launcher often only your integrated card will run as it doesn't recognise the application as a game. Therefore you need to quickly go into your nvidia control panel and switch your preferred graphics processor to your discrete option. Personally I do this on the global setting before switching it back to auto after i finish playing.

DannyEvans

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't Tekkit 1.2.5? 1.3 caused plenty of FPS loss for about half of all players.
FTB is 1.4.2, and is still in beta.
for those having issues with nvidia cards on a laptop:
Launching minecraft normally engages your graphics card however by going through the launcher often only your integrated card will run as it doesn't recognise the application as a game. Therefore you need to quickly go into your nvidia control panel and switch your preferred graphics processor to your discrete option. Personally I do this on the global setting before switching it back to auto after i finish playing.

OK, so.... I have since switched My NVIDIA card to be ran all the time.... And im even more iritated. i jumped back on tekkit. for gods sake IT WORKSSSS. i see a shii ton of improvement. like 100+ fps on far (without good optifine. just the one that comes with) with highest qaulity settings. on EXTREME (even though no multicore so takes forever to load i get anywhere from 27-32....... its driving me nuts. It makes me want to go back to tekkit..... it is bugging the crap out of me. i dont know if it is 1.3 thing you were talking about. but damn.... i cant even get 60 fps on under normal with FTB... WHHYYY :p

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Well considering that anything above 30fps makes no difference anyway, a lot of people would dream to get 27-32fps, and I certainly wouldn't consider it "unplayable".

The strange thing is, 1.4.2 runs better for me that 1.2.5 in single player ever did.

DannyEvans

Jul 29, 2019
GUYSSSS i found a remedy for my fps issues.... Being pissed, pissed, and more pissed. IVE FOUND IT. join a good server simple as that. over 100 fps on far. smooth as butter, in fact i cant believe its not butter ;) seriously though. join a server. im on BeastCraft right now. grade a quality. check it out :)

Meara

Jul 29, 2019
I actually wonder why this comparison is being made. DEFAULT minecraft as far as I know doesn't use any thing more then dual cores. Allocating more memory to vanilla minecraft really doesn't increases proformance, just gives it more room to wiggle.

Technically you can not compare Technic/Tekkit to FTB at all. There are too many Variables that are not controlled. From Versions, to Amount of mods, to even Computers. (and if any one has laptops you should just stop and come to this conclusion, Laptops are NOT for playing games, EVEN if its gaming)

Next: The jump from 1.2.5 to 1.4.2 was a LARGE one. There are probably more bugs floating threw both minecraft and the mods that not even an exterminator will shake a stick at. I mean I managed to increase my frame rate by just disabling IC2 sounds.. who would-a-thunk-it

Even more: Optifine seems to be a HIT a miss kinda mod, it may increase proformice one version and then Not the next. I've played minecraft for a long time and I've used Optifine, Optimine, and any variation of it. And it seems as well as the better my computer gets, the less optifine works. Really Optifine is for LOW end computers. Not Quad+ cores and like 3gigs RAM ect ect.

(sorry for the lack of spell check, -.- it seems to be wanting to correct this to spanish... Technology Ho!)

Inculcation one thing i have learned over the years is that Technology in any forms isn't cookie cutter by any stretch of the imagination. with out logs and lots of information It's kinda hard to understand what is the TRUE issue here.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
To all you people saying "I'm getting 30 FPS! This is unplayable!" I'd like to inform you that the human eye sees things at 18 FPS, meaning anything over 18 FPS doesn't really make a difference, and things don't start to get noticeably choppy until you get under 12 FPS. I would consider 8 FPS or lower at tiny render distance with everything turned to the lowest setting unplayable. Which is what I used to get on my old computer. I still only get about 15 FPS on short render distance with almost everything turned to the lowest setting.

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
To all you people saying "I'm getting 30 FPS! This is unplayable!" I'd like to inform you that the human eye sees things at 18 FPS, meaning anything over 18 FPS doesn't really make a difference, and things don't start to get noticeably choppy until you get under 12 FPS. I would consider 8 FPS or lower at tiny render distance with everything turned to the lowest setting unplayable. Which is what I used to get on my old computer. I still only get about 15 FPS on short render distance with almost everything turned to the lowest setting.
The human eye sees MUCH faster than 18fps. You might want to get your eyes checked out. 18 fps is when things start to seem 'fluid'

However, our eyes can see differences up to 200fps and more. However, most monitors only go up to 60-75hz.

Source: http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html
the Human Eye can perceive much past the mis conception of 30 FPS and well past 60 FPS, even surpassing 200 FPS.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
The human eye sees MUCH faster than 18fps. You might want to get your eyes checked out. 18 fps is when things start to seem 'fluid'

However, our eyes can see differences up to 200fps and more. However, most monitors only go up to 60-75hz.

Source: http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html
The human eye and its brain interface, the human visual system, can process 10 to 12 separate images per second, perceiving them individually

Reactions: Deimos56

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't mean 30 fps looks smooth as ever, because to someone as detail-oriented as me, 30 fps is very choppy.
40-50 fps is usually okay with me. Anything lower and I start to get frustrated with the choppiness and slowed response time of the game.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so.... I have since switched My NVIDIA card to be ran all the time.... And im even more iritated. i jumped back on tekkit. for gods sake IT WORKSSSS. i see a shii ton of improvement. like 100+ fps on far (without good optifine. just the one that comes with) with highest qaulity settings. on EXTREME (even though no multicore so takes forever to load i get anywhere from 27-32....... its driving me nuts. It makes me want to go back to tekkit..... it is bugging the crap out of me. i dont know if it is 1.3 thing you were talking about. but damn.... i cant even get 60 fps on under normal with FTB... WHHYYY :p

Basic problems. FTB and Tekkit use different versions of mods. 1.2.5 has a lot of very stable mods with good performance. FTB uses an open-beta-version of industrial-craft it uses rather new mods like steve carts 2 or thermal expansion etc.

FPS drops are normally related to extra-biomes large forests. You should watch if the problem is rendering or tick-calculation. It normally is rendering and I'm pretty sure it is related to the redwood-forests in extra-biomes. So if you either remove extra biomes or at least the biomes with these trees inside you should get more fps.

That doesn't mean 30 fps looks smooth as ever, because to someone as detail-oriented as me, 30 fps is very choppy.
40-50 fps is usually okay with me. Anything lower and I start to get frustrated with the choppiness and slowed response time of the game.

Well... I used to watch movies with 25 fps for years...

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
Basic problems. FTB and Tekkit use different versions of mods. 1.2.5 has a lot of very stable mods with good performance. FTB uses an open-beta-version of industrial-craft it uses rather new mods like steve carts 2 or thermal expansion etc.

FPS drops are normally related to extra-biomes large forests. You should watch if the problem is rendering or tick-calculation. It normally is rendering and I'm pretty sure it is related to the redwood-forests in extra-biomes. So if you either remove extra biomes or at least the biomes with these trees inside you should get more fps.

Well... I used to watch movies with 25 fps for years...
Hehe, I'm one of those people who can tell a big difference between HD and normal TV

Status
Not open for further replies.