1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

techworld 2. why is my skin a girl?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Cryght, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Cryght

Cryght New Member

i thought someone hacked into my minecraft to make sure i logged vanilla minecraft and used tekkit my skin is my steampunk, but when i booted up techworld 2 and loggedi nto single player it has a girl in blue shirt, and goggles on her head...

2. Loxinnightwalker

Loxinnightwalker New Member

Have you told your information to anyone else? they might be messing with you. As far is I know no mods do things like change skins in that pack.

3. rhn

rhn Too Much Free Time

Are you sure the 2 launchers are using the same login?
    A friend/sibling/whatever haven't used your PC and logged in with their account on either launcher?

4. ThomazM

ThomazM Phoenix Team Founder

Identity issues?
    Just kidding, you might want to look into changing your password, someone's probably messing with you. Test it out with other packs and see if the problem is still there.

Gideonseymour likes this.
  5. Cryght

Cryght New Member

my password etc is not known, and when i log onto Vanilla minecraft it shows my skin i personally selected, only FTB and tekkit have the female skin... i know minecraft itself on vanilla is 1.7.10 and FTB/tekkit i use is the 1.6.4.. The passowrd/info is not the issue, the issue is prolly something or a mod thats shared between tekkit/ftb

6. malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke Over-Achiever

It puts the lotion back in the basket or it gets the hose again.

ThatOneSlowking likes this.
  7. rhn

rhn Too Much Free Time

There is nothing in Techworld 2(nor any other FTB packs I know of) that changes your skin. Only possible explanation I know of is that you are using different accounts in the different launchers.

8. Cryght

Cryght New Member

i need to know how to get my skin back to normal. this is frustrating me.[DOUBLEPOST=1409156923][/DOUBLEPOST]both accounts are the same accounts. the only difference is the 1.6.4 and the 1.7.10 i only own 1 account, and only have 1 password that works with that 1 account.

9. rhn

rhn Too Much Free Time

Have you tried to go and apply the skin again? It is handled entirely on the Mojang end afaik.

Padfoote likes this.
  10. Cryght

Cryght New Member

i altered the skin again and again.. the thing is.. i can log onto the minecraft launcher just fine. no issues. but the second i log onto ftb and it begins to run any modpack when i get into my singleplayer i notice im a girl again.. my p.c has no viruses, its been cleaned fully. this one matter is really annoying me. i change skin. i log ftb it shows female, but i log onto minecraft launcher after it shows the skin i changed to..

11. dothrom

dothrom New Member

Would you happen to be using optifine or other visual changing plugin/mod?
    A friend of mine way back used optifine, and he saw me as a different skin every time he logged in.

ThatOneSlowking and Padfoote like this.
  12. reddvilzz

reddvilzz New Member

Could it be a different profile selected? Maybe you have multiple profile in the ftb launcher

13. Loxinnightwalker

Loxinnightwalker New Member

Have you added anything into the mod pack. I have been doing some digging and there is nothing in the pack that would change the skin.

Padfoote likes this.
  14. RedBoss

RedBoss New Member

The easiest thing to try would be changing your password with Mojang and updating that new password on your launchers.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    ThatOneSlowking and Padfoote like this.
  15. Gideonseymour

Gideonseymour Relatable Gamer Trusted User Retired Staff

Also... Screenshots? If anything, we could do a Search by Image using our friendly Google. And try launching it in Offline Mode. If the skin still shows up, there's a problem with the install. You should also try playing with another FTB pack, see if the same thing happens.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014