TechReborn

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find a thread about TechReborn so I hope it's fine if I start one.

I found out about TechReborn since I heard from Inventions, but never checked it out. I installed it now in 1.10 in a creative world and want to test it out, however I am really confused.

First I placed a Generator and connected copper cables to an Extractor. I expected it to explode because the Generator says it outputs 64 EU and the Extractor expects at most 32 EU. But it didn't. I thought that's nice, so I added a Battery Box in between to store the power. It exploded. It has no tooltip unlike most other blocks, so I'm not sure why. Well, I thought, a MFE should work then. But both the MFE and the MFSU exploded touching the Generator. Can anyone explain me this behaviour? Or is this mod just still buggy?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
TechReborn is currently unsupported by the devs, I pm'ed one and got this response:

ME: When you say everyone quit, is that burnt out or quit?

"Both. We all quit because we got burnt out and we also didn't find it fun to work on anymore. It became a huge grind. After the 1.8 update broke the mod severely, it left the mod in ruins and nobody would dare rewrite such a huge mod. It's a huge project, and we all got sick of working on it."

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
That is sad news, I was excited to check it out.
But I'm also confused at the same time. Why update the mod for 1.10 and then abandon the project a couple of days later. When did you talk to them?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
That is sad news, I was excited to check it out.
But I'm also confused at the same time. Why update the mod for 1.10 and then abandon the project a couple of days later. When did you talk to them?
There are multiple devs. That was what I was told by one dev a couple weeks ago.

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
Well, then they changed their minds, right? Because they updated it to 1.10 4 days ago or did someone else pick up the project and did the job?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Well, then they changed their minds, right? Because they updated it to 1.10 4 days ago or did someone else pick up the project and did the job?
I don't know. modmuss was just porting I think. Afaik they aren't fixing major bugs or adding new features.

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
So I rechecked today and TechReborn got couple of updates in between as well today.
So I created a test world and now no explosions happened. So it seems they are still working on it.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
So I rechecked today and TechReborn got couple of updates in between as well today.
So I created a test world and now no explosions happened. So it seems they are still working on it.
Yeah apparently they've started to get back into it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Their behavior is going to make it hard for public packs to include the mod. You build public modpacks kind of assuming the devs over the mods intend to support development. Or at least securing replacement devs should they leave the project. I know the All The Mods pack had Tech Reborn included and ripped it out after the devs quit. For a mod with worldgen like trees, thats huge and leaves errors everywhere in a world.

I know they've lost my trust and I wouldn't use the mod anytime soon.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Their behavior is going to make it hard for public packs to include the mod. You build public modpacks kind of assuming the devs over the mods intend to support development. Or at least securing replacement devs should they leave the project. I know the All The Mods pack had Tech Reborn included and ripped it out after the devs quit. For a mod with worldgen like trees, thats huge and leaves errors everywhere in a world.

I know they've lost my trust and I wouldn't use the mod anytime soon.

The modded trees are a bug in Forge that BoP seems to be dealing with as well. The latest MC 1.9.4 and 1.10.2 Forge builds have this.

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
Well I started a new world and made a Generator, Batbox and Extractor and later 2 Windmills. I left the game and started it later and now it doesn't let me get back into the game, it loads forever. The error message is way longer than usual, I can only read the end of it, but it seems that something is stuck in a loop or something, but at least I found out that Tech Reborn is responsible for it, so it seems that it's still early in development and not really playable, so I have to wait a bit. Really frustrating.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Well I started a new world and made a Generator, Batbox and Extractor and later 2 Windmills. I left the game and started it later and now it doesn't let me get back into the game, it loads forever. The error message is way longer than usual, I can only read the end of it, but it seems that something is stuck in a loop or something, but at least I found out that Tech Reborn is responsible for it, so it seems that it's still early in development and not really playable, so I have to wait a bit. Really frustrating.

What Minecraft version?

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, it's not worth the effort. Because other mods might not work well then. Also there were other minor things I noticed that didn't work well. I think I rather wait for a more stable release.

Reactions: RedBoss