Tech World VS Magic World - Fight!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Server closes Admin, Admin is forced to scavenge on the streets of Vegas until he can bring up enough cash to make Big Johnny and the gang start helpin' him live the good life.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you make a device (eg: some contraption using a filler) that would clean up Thaumcraft tainted blocks inside bases? I don't know how taint works, but I'm pretty sure that even though the taint in the chunk would remain, any effects of it could be cleaned up fairly quickly. Also, UU matter could be used to create non-tainted blocks in case they ran out.
Yes, but black...whatever it is(mystcraft taint) makes TC taint look likechilds toys

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
I just came up with the most brilliant idea ever. Some form of moving vehicle using frames (probably MFFS if it supports invisibility, if not just Redpower somehow camouflaged) that has a Gregtech Magic Energy generator mounted on it's back, connected to a MSFU or just powering the tank itself. Tank has several personell on it in, who manage to guide the tank near the magician's base and start stealing magical stuff from it. The stuff gets fed into the Magic Generator, which produces EU and creates a huge amount of Taint and Flux. Tank is computer controlled, with wireless redstone stuff and RotaryCraft CCTV cameras for remote viewing. Tank can be controlled from chunks away by the Techies, who oversee the entire operation via CCTV. If Tank is spotted, then it's chassis opens up to reveal a cannon utilising IC2 Nukes. Your move, magicians / non Atheists.

EDIT: The magic energy generator requires a Dragon Egg, which would require previous looting of the Magician's base and a couple of months work of server play. Also, the magicians would probably just throw the egg into lava or somehow duplicate it if the machine was built, and then place it as a block just as the tank would approach, resulting in a stimulating explosion for all.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
As it turns out... it's possible to bottle a hungry node.

It looks like it might require the efforts of several players, or some kind of piston setup to get the glass placed quickly enough. So yeah, bottle one, then place it somewhere where maximum awesomeness will ensue.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
As it turns out... it's possible to bottle a hungry node.

It looks like it might require the efforts of several players, or some kind of piston setup to get the glass placed quickly enough. So yeah, bottle one, then place it somewhere where maximum awesomeness will ensue.

whenever I tried bottling a hungry node it kept eating all my glass blocks :mad:

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine a filler approach or MFFSv3 with upgraded speed placing the blocks for you. Then just keep smacking with wand until success! :D

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the three main attack and defense lines in the magic side are TC4 and Blood Magic and Ars Magica.
The three main attack and defense lines in the tech side are the armour and the weapons, the forcefields and the explosion of nuclear fucking reactors.
So, it's easy.
The tech side will perform a siege on the magic base if they attack too late. And they could hold out until either the node is drained or the taint starts spreading. If the taint spreads, the magic side wins, unless the tech side has a floating base made of things that taint can't spread on.
If the node is drained, it's a tie.
If the magic side attacks the tech side before anything else, they win.
If the tech side proceeds to counter-attack the magic side, they'll be screwed unless they have Mystcraft ages.
If the magic side attacks the tech side too late, they'll be destroyed.

End result:

Magic Side: 2 situations
Tie: 2 situations
Tech Side: 2 situations

I CALL IT A TIE!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the three main attack and defense lines in the magic side are TC4 and Blood Magic and Ars Magica.
The three main attack and defense lines in the tech side are the armour and the weapons, the forcefields and the explosion of nuclear fucking reactors.
So, it's easy.
The tech side will perform a siege on the magic base if they attack too late. And they could hold out until either the node is drained or the taint starts spreading. If the taint spreads, the magic side wins, unless the tech side has a floating base made of things that taint can't spread on.
If the node is drained, it's a tie.
If the magic side attacks the tech side before anything else, they win.
If the tech side proceeds to counter-attack the magic side, they'll be screwed unless they have Mystcraft ages.
If the magic side attacks the tech side too late, they'll be destroyed.

End result:

Magic Side: 2 situations
Tie: 2 situations
Tech Side: 2 situations

I CALL IT A TIE!
Mystcraft taint
Carry on

Reactions: The classless

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Actually HOW did you get Mystcraft taint when Myst isn't on the server?
(yes- I hit the wrong button and accidently read the OP thinking it was the next post)
I've got a feeling this'll be more-or-less a cold war type scenario; whoever attacks first will take the hardest casualties- costing them the war.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
But if someone has better infrastructure, he might win the war by attacking first.
Oh, great.
We've created a Cold War in Minecraft.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
But if someone has better infrastructure, he might win the war by attacking first.
Oh, great.
We've created a Cold War in Minecraft.

Magic weaponry progresses faster in the early game- rapid strikes from the off could be quite effective BEFORE the infrastructure is built.
Also they'll clear the end faster- controlling that dimension cuts off Tech's iridium supply.
However Tech can build portable heavy infrastructure- which puts the ball in Tech's court provided they can pull through.

In other words- can someone provide a large server that we can repeatedly crash testing out our little war?

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
pyrotheum florbs 'nuff said if you drop one of those then whoever/whatever you are aiming at can say bye bye to their base

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't Galacticraft be the Tech equivalent of Mystcraft?

I'm suspecting this war will end with a taint infested overworld, a shadow of what it used to be. A handful of survivors might still be eeking out a living, from tech based airships or magic villages. But with no ore left to mine to maintain reactors, any forcefield domes have long sense run out of fuel and died off. Ever play the Tiberium series? I'm thinking that.

Come to think of it, that would make a decent fanfic... *starts writting*

Last edited:

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't Galacticraft be the Tech equivalent of Mystcraft?

I'm suspecting this war will end with a taint infested overworld, a shadow of what it used to be. A handful of survivors might still be eeking out a living, from tech based airships or magic villages. But with no ore left to mine to maintain reactors, any forcefield domes have long sense run out of fuel and died off. Ever play the Tiberium series? I'm thinking that.

Come to think of it, that would make a decent fanfic... *starts writting*

None of those are on the server as stated by the OP xD