Tech World VS Magic World - Fight!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Cant stop imagining this bunker complex out of warded blocks surrounded by a broken and cratered wasteland. Techies lying in ambush with their Mining Laser "Long-range mode" snipers, setting up traps for whenever the Magics are forced outside to add sections to their warded bunker.

Btw do bees belong to tech or magic? Cause I imagine warded stone encased apiaries with bees with harmful effects scattered like mines outside the bunker :p Not even Quantum can resist those little buggers :p

13311_1020916800.jpg

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
Cant stop imagining this bunker complex out of warded blocks surrounded by a broken and cratered wasteland. Techies lying in ambush with their Mining Laser "Long-range mode" snipers, setting up traps for whenever the Magics are forced outside to add sections to their warded bunker.

Btw do bees belong to tech or magic? Cause I imagine warded stone encased apiaries with bees with harmful effects scattered like mines outside the bunker :p Not even Quantum can resist those little buggers :p

Doesn't the Quantum Helmet protect from status effects ?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Doesn't the Quantum Helmet protect from status effects ?
Yes some of them, but many bees deal direct damage that is somehow completely bypassing the armour. Only defence is the beekeepers suit. Also some effects that supposedly mimics vanilla game effects can somehow bypass protection too. Remember dying once from the "creeper explosion" effect of some bee, while wearing full quantum.

Last edited:

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Ars magica spellcasting trumps most of the tech base options that a forcefield can't contain. Long range block breaking with a LOT of variance in options. May even have potential to break forcefields sufficiently to get other spells past.

And yeah...once the taint blooms, techs are doomed. Takes magic to fight it back.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Ars magica spellcasting trumps most of the tech base options that a forcefield can't contain. Long range block breaking with a LOT of variance in options. May even have potential to break forcefields sufficiently to get other spells past.

And yeah...once the taint blooms, techs are doomed. Takes magic to fight it back.
Here is plan, someone set us up bomb(cauldron) we get signal
*magic calls*
Muahahahaha all your base are belong to us
Tech: what happen?

Reactions: BanzaiBlitz

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
makes as much taint in mining worlds economy destroyed no way of powering armor every tech guy is screwed[DOUBLEPOST=1385925175][/DOUBLEPOST]silk touch mystcraft taint put it in mining worlds destroy the world

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not many automation options besides golems

A few things first is that golems are vary good at automation once you learn them. And depending on TC3/TC4 have a huge range of things they can do. Also they work with many things withing there mods like the hungry chest, item grate, magic mirrors, and will interact with anything that is aware of its sides. I really do not count that as a con as golems are my preferred automation even in tech packs.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Not thinking big enough. Place taint in overworld, create sunny paradise beach Mystcraft world and leave with all your Magi friends :p

Tech has quarries, block breakers, turtles, explosives and rotarycraft bedrock breakers and Redpower frames.
Tech builds mobile strongholds and world eaters- isolate, control and destroy.
Frame machines fly high, while thermal expansion, IC2 and forestry provides materials to repair the land.
Range upgrade + block cutters allow MFFS to wreak havoc inside your warded glass/stone bunkers.

Frame Gunship starts dropping nukes through the mist portal into that sunny paradise.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Tech has quarries, block breakers, turtles, explosives and rotarycraft bedrock breakers and Redpower frames.
Frame machines fly high, while thermal expansion, IC2 and forestry provides materials to repair the land.
Range upgrade + block cutters allow MFFS to wreak havoc inside your warded glass/stone bunkers.

Frame Gunship starts dropping nukes through the mist portal into that sunny paradise.
You forgot a point. Mobile fortresses that are EXTREMELY slow. And also, how would you drop nukes into an nonexistant portal since all guys went with linking books with the take-it-with-me-thing on it.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You forgot a point. Mobile fortresses that are EXTREMELY slow. And also, how would you drop nukes into an nonexistant portal since all guys went with linking books with the take-it-with-me-thing on it.

Top speed is a non-issue; still faster than the taint.

Fair point about the portal- must be a right pig making all those linkbooks though.
(wait- team magic fled the battlefield? count one for team tech)​

The classless

Jul 29, 2019

close portal before anyting gets through problem solved[DOUBLEPOST=1385935086][/DOUBLEPOST]
Top speed is a non-issue; still faster than the taint.

Fair point about the portal- must be a right pig making all those linkbooks though.
(wait- team magic fled the battlefield? count one for team tech)​
myscraft taint is super fast and eats the world

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you make a device (eg: some contraption using a filler) that would clean up Thaumcraft tainted blocks inside bases? I don't know how taint works, but I'm pretty sure that even though the taint in the chunk would remain, any effects of it could be cleaned up fairly quickly. Also, UU matter could be used to create non-tainted blocks in case they ran out.