Tech World VS Magic World - Fight!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Once upon a time, a large FTB server had been enjoying a prosperous world. Early on, the players decided to make things interesting by parting ways and building quite different from eachother. Half the world embraced mods made for industry and technology. Industrialcraft, railcraft, buildcraft... most Tech mods were integrated into their designs.

The other focused on mods that added Magic to the game. Thaumcraft, Ars Magika, Twilight Forest... Any mods Magical in nature were fully explored and biult into their half of the world.

Both halves rarely interacted with eachother, but each had built everything from large cities to villages to one-player bases. One day, they decided the server had become boring. So they decided to fight.

Each half of the world can only use tools associated with their mods. Feel free to throw in Magic or Tech mods not normally in the pack. There's a little wiggle room for what mods belong where, so some will have a place in both. Everything is on the table, no punches held back, the goal: Total Annihilation of the other faction. Mystcraft and Galacticraft are not installed, this is primarily focused on the Overworld, and to a lesser extent, the Nether. Both sides are fairly well built up and a limited number of players have end game items. 500 players on each side.

Fight! What happens?

Reactions: Blorph

ZethHQ

Jul 29, 2019
It happens that someone will nuke (ic2) the magic out of minecraft.

-Personally I like magic combined with tech and basically to have every mod that I like in a single pack (o/ DSlacky) to use them together in any possible way.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmmm...ic2 nukes COULD be powerful, but warded blocks are nuke resistant, correct? So magic bases should be fine for the most part

Reactions: xbony2

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe an Anti-matter missile from ICBM could cause serious damage too. Not sure if that could go throw warded stone but it can destroy bedrock.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
What about Taint? Could that be the Magic equivalent of a nuke? Would Tech have any defense against it if they started spreading it on purpose?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well, the tech mods have so many devastating abilities, but with Warded blocks the magic side could just sit back and laugh I suppose.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Magic pros and cons:
Pros:
Warded blocks
Thamium and Enchanted Fabric for TiC
Ranged Attacks
Extremely powerful armor
Potions
Enchantments
Most of DartCraft
Portable Holes
Dangerous weapons(taint, wands, etc.)
Teleportation(better than vanilla and IC2)
Cons:
Expensive
Limited flying options(Thaumosatic Harness)
Toll on health(bound equipment)
Not many automation options besides golems
Danger to work enviroment(taint)
Anything else?

Tech pros and cons
Pros:
Cheaper later on
Automation options
Batteries for TiC
Part of DartCraft
More armor and utilities
Melee weapons
Insanely powerful power generation
Item and liquid transport
Explosives!
ForceFields
Multitude of flying options( wings, parachutes, MPS, jetpacks, etc.)
ComputerCraft
Cons:
Less defense options(ic2 has best defenses; not as good as warded)
Limited teleportation (MPS blink module, ic2 porters, ender pearls)
Less ranged options for weapons
More expensive early on
Anything else?

Last edited:
Reactions: StarLiner

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome list!

Maybe forcefields for defense? Does taint spread through forcefields? Can portable holes go through it? If it safe from those, a nuclear powered forcefield might make an extremely powerful base defense for limited amounts of time.

I'm wondering if moveable contraptions via Frames or Archimedes Ships would apply to both factions. Mobile bases would be interesting, especially if combined with warded blocks. Impenetrable fortress. Or high tech weapons.

Fortress + Forcefield + Tech based weapons could be a good base.

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome list!

Maybe forcefields for defense? Does taint spread through forcefields? Can portable holes go through it? If it safe from those, a nuclear powered forcefield might make an extremely powerful base defense for limited amounts of time.

I'm wondering if moveable contraptions via Frames or Archimedes Ships would apply to both factions. Mobile bases would be interesting, especially if combined with warded blocks. Impenetrable fortress. Or high tech weapons.

Von Neumann computercraft?
Added CC and forcefields. Also should DartCraft be magic or tech?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Blink module from MPS
and IC2's teleporters
MFFS can be considered as powerful as warded blocks.[DOUBLEPOST=1385857474][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dartcraft is a bit of both but I'd consider it magic.
I forgot about the blink module, and I know of iC2 porters, but they eat a lot power IIRC and are quite limited. I never used MFFS that much so I can not vouch, but it eats tons of power from what I have seen, while warded blocks just work without power