[TE4] Are strongboxes not recursive now?

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
So can strongboxes no longer hold other strongboxes in TE4 or am I doing something wrong? There doesn't appear to be anything related to this in the config.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Yeah, those would all work, I was just surprised that the strongboxes didn't work like this any more. Does anyone know if it was for balance reasons or technical reasons or what?

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, those would all work, I was just surprised that the strongboxes didn't work like this any more. Does anyone know if it was for balance reasons or technical reasons or what?

People were being really stupid and putting way too many nested layers, which would corrupt the world. It's a fundamental issue with Minecraft. And with people. Had to prevent it, sorry.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
People were being really stupid and putting way too many nested layers, which would corrupt the world. It's a fundamental issue with Minecraft. And with people. Had to prevent it, sorry.
But, but, but.... Strongboxes holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes filled with dirt :(

I want to know how people can find a use for that many strongboxes. I only use them when looting places in custom maps, or trying to give a large amount of custom loot via HQM

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
But, but, but.... Strongboxes holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes, holding strongboxes filled with dirt :(

I want to know how people can find a use for that many strongboxes. I only use them when looting places in custom maps, or trying to give a large amount of custom loot via HQM
Most likely they just get filled with random crap or are just halffilled, they don't understand that it would be better to use some other neat storage function and just stockpile until everything crashes and burns.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Yo dawg :D
AE2 cells can't hold non-empty cells either

Is there a hard limit to the size of NBT data?

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find a use for more than 3 regular strongboxes
Depending on what I'm doing, I can have anywhere from 1-5 top tier strongboxes along with my tools satchel (1.7.10 TE backpacks). And if about if you are moving your base, and you haven't set up AE (Or don't have AE). I did this a couple weeks ago, and I had 5 invar, and my 3 top tier.

TheMagikarpGuy

Jul 29, 2019
why should you have strongboxes into strongboxes? like: do you need to transport all your stuff? I use strongboxes too, but I need

- one for tools
- one for building blocks
- one for ender pearls
- one for food
- one or two for the stuff I am doing ATM
- the crescent hammer

all the other 21 spaces contain usually what I am using.

Never needed more than that.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
newer version of TE have satchels which you don't have to place down to access

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find a use for more than 3 regular strongboxes
As someone that goes through the process often with my computer storage, I'd assume that it goes:
1. "Oh, I'll just empty my inventory into this strongbox until I get around to sorting it"
2. "I need to clear this room up, I'll take all these strongboxes and put them in one. That'll make it cleaner, and I'll sort them all out when I sort out my storage"
3. Explore a variety of new mods, and repeat this process ad inifitum until you crash the world, and decide that, next time, you ought to do an AE system earlier. And proceed to repeat the process on every world.

Reactions: ratchet freak

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
As someone that goes through the process often with my computer storage, I'd assume that it goes:
1. "Oh, I'll just empty my inventory into this strongbox until I get around to sorting it"
2. "I need to clear this room up, I'll take all these strongboxes and put them in one. That'll make it cleaner, and I'll sort them all out when I sort out my storage"
3. Explore a variety of new mods, and repeat this process ad inifitum until you crash the world, and decide that, next time, you ought to do an AE system earlier. And proceed to repeat the process on every world.
You have to be really messy to lose track of nested strongboxes like this :p