TConstruct Problem Please HELP !

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
You can make the smelter before the pulverizer though. With TiC installed I generally go slag furnace -> smeltery -> pulverizer.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
You can make the smelter before the pulverizer though. With TiC installed I generally go slag furnace -> smeltery -> pulverizer.
If you're lucky in your first mining trip with quartz, you could make a quartz grindstone and never deal with wasted ores again.
But sometimes when I'm traveling around looking to start my base, I find a few loot chests with juuuuuuust enough ingots to get me started on power and ore processing. (I have a few world gen mods in my custom pack. Better dungeons ftw).

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Bah Pulverizer uses power! Smeltery FTW on most ore doubling. It will not do TE ores right now, don't know if that is by design or what.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Bah Pulverizer uses power! Smeltery FTW on most ore doubling. It will not do TE ores right now, don't know if that is by design or what.

Pretty sure not processing silver, lead, and nickel is intended since you can't make TiC tools with em and they're not vanilla.

As for the quartz grindstone, you're only missing out on doubling 3 iron ores guaranteed vs a chance to double them in the slag furnace. Once you get the TiC smelter the grindstone is fairly obsolete, and you only need the initial 3 iron for a bucket

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I find myself starting with the smeltery, then upgrading to iron tools and then processing the initial batch of ore into ingots so i cna start automating treefarms and then TE machines.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Go to the tinkers construct thread on the minecraft forum and read the obvious bold letters. Research your problem before you bring your "problem" here.
chill. this is general chat. he can bring it here if he wants. This isn't like the ic2 forum.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure not processing silver, lead, and nickel is intended since you can't make TiC tools with em and they're not vanilla.

As for the quartz grindstone, you're only missing out on doubling 3 iron ores guaranteed vs a chance to double them in the slag furnace. Once you get the TiC smelter the grindstone is fairly obsolete, and you only need the initial 3 iron for a bucket

Uhm, Copper and Aluminium are not Vanilla as well, but are supported. My guess is it'll be added, eventually. Especially with Forge Dictionary and all intercommunication between the more popular modders.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but copper and aluminum are also added by TiC, hence why they're supported. I was referring specifically to metals other than steel or thaumium that are not native to the mod itself or minecraft.

Edit: For reference, TiC adds copper, tin, aluminum, cobalt, ardite, and their various alloys. Also, TiC now defaults to 3 bronze ingots per 3 copper and 1 tin ingots (or 6 ingots per 3 copper and 1 tin ores). This makes the bronze better than IC2's recipe, but still worse than forestry's.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
I find myself starting with the smeltery, then upgrading to iron tools and then processing the initial batch of ore into ingots so i cna start automating treefarms and then TE machines.

I do that too. Although I often find myself at a loss when I realize I need a bucket for lava for the smeltery. Alas that's 3 ingots that never will be.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! I'm not the only one that starts off with a Slag Furnace! :D

I used to do that before AE and the grind stone or whatever it is called. This start around however, I have a hard time finding Aluminium, which means no ore doubling via smeltery because I can't even smelt an ingot cast.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I used to do that before AE and the grind stone or whatever it is called. This start around however, I have a hard time finding Aluminium, which means no ore doubling via smeltery because I can't even smelt an ingot cast.

Could always use gold for the cast. :p

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
On the subject of ores, will the smelter process the copper & tin that TE also can add? In my modpack I'm only using the TE world gen for the key ores, so have disabled the TiC equivalent ore/gravel

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of ores, will the smelter process the copper & tin that TE also can add? In my modpack I'm only using the TE world gen for the key ores, so have disabled the TiC equivalent ore/gravel
Why would you disable ore gravels?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, the Smeltery will process other coppers and tins through the magic of Ore Dictionary.