Mod Feedback [TC Add-on] Thaumic Infusion 4.75 - Minecraft 1.8.9

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
suggestion: would it possible to check when your using an orichalcum wand, the creative mode only wands, and if so negate the essentia cost? that way, we can creatively place infusions everywhere without having jars everywhere. id prefer if it wasnt tied in with creative mode, because then you have to use creative mode which i personally dont, i just use NEI cheat mode and draconic armor from the draconic evolution mod.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
suggestion: would it possible to check when your using an orichalcum wand, the creative mode only wands, and if so negate the essentia cost? that way, we can creatively place infusions everywhere without having jars everywhere. id prefer if it wasnt tied in with creative mode, because then you have to use creative mode which i personally dont, i just use NEI cheat mode and draconic armor from the draconic evolution mod.

That can be added, however it will have to go into the 1.8 version because I'm moving away from 1.7.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Plus has thaumcraft properly switched to 1.8? Enough to be stable to mod for that is.
If so that is good news.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
but, theres still alot of mods and modpacks for 1.7.10.

Be that as it may, I have to update soon. Thaumic Infusion is stable on 1.7.10 & is at a point where I am happy to leave it at, if major issues arrise I will hot fix them. However all mods need to move with minecraft itself sometime.

Plus has thaumcraft properly switched to 1.8? Enough to be stable to mod for that is.
If so that is good news.
Thaumcraft itself has been in alpha for 1.8 for some time & I can't really comment on its current state. However there is allot to be done within Thaumic Infusion as well as thaumcraft, TI is also a mod that needs to go though updates just as much as Thaumcraft does.

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Infusion 4.3 has been released, it comes along with a few new features and performance upgrades. As it stands with this new release, I am happy to say that Thaumic Infusion is finally in a full release state and is finished, obviously there are some changes that have to be made to the effects.

Download the latest version from Curse

Changes:
  • New Aspect Stabilizing System
    • Existing infusions in the world, need a source of the infused aspect nearby for the infusion to stay in the world. This is done by marking a aspect container (A jar) with the magic aspect, then that source will be drained every 600 ticks of that effect existing there.
    • Instability, when a infusion does not get fuelled it is force removed from the world. Any force removal increases the instability of the chunk that the effect was in, once the instability gets too high. Not only when effect get force removed do they disappear, it will also destroy the block and turn it into goo.
  • Foci Rework
    • The infusion foci has been reworked to be easier and less painful to use, you no longer are able to shift click to remove all infusions in that block. Instead it will act like a normal right click and will infuse the block, making it easier to infuse different types of blocks that may have right-click functionality attached to them (Furnace, Chest, Etc)
    • To remove all existing infusions in a block, you now need to go into the GUI of the foci and deselect the active aspect. Making it so the next time you right click on a block, it will remove all infusions
  • Behind the scenes reworks
    • Performance
      • Implemented new features into the transformer to increase the performance for some blocks
      • Reworked middle man between vanilla blocks and effects to be more streamline
    • Getting ready for more configurable changes
      • Aspect Costs
      • Aspect Enabled/Disabled
      • Ticking
      • ETC

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Infusion 4.5 has been released, it comes with the following changes:

• Improved Stability
    • Fixed a few Aspect bugs
    • Fixed infusion rendering Bugs
      • Frames speeding up
      • Now only viable when wand with focus is equipped
      • No longer renders sides when touching another infusion
  • Added Focus and Paper textures
  • Added Research
Download the latest version from Curse

TheDrunkMafia

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently Updating Thaumic Infusion to 1.8.9, it should be finished for Thaumcrafts own Release for that version. Here is a peak at the new rendering for infusions:

10accb7bbb.gif