Private Pack TahgCraft [Closed, Can't pay for it]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh Tahg please do one thing. if you whitelist people. Try to make an emphasis on building skill! Would be nice to have some builders on the server other then technical people. Aesthetics are always nice.

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! I can make things pretty*.

*Disclaimer: Pretty used as a relative term. Not necessarily unalike a baboon's behind.

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
In my defense, I use dirt over cobble. All kidding aside though, I believe pretty much anyone can make things look nice if they really try. It's just a lot of people focus more on making things work than having it aesthetically appealing. Unless the honest best you can do is a 9x9 cobble box. Then I suppose I'm wrong.

Johnson

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. After watching Cieronph's stream, it looks like the "testing team" is well into the end game with frame quarries, ect. Is the map and player data going to be reset when the server goes live? Or are the returning players going to be throw into an already populated world?

Thanks

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. After watching Cieronph's stream, it looks like the "testing team" is well into the end game with frame quarries, ect. Is the map and player data going to be reset when the server goes live? Or are the returning players going to be throw into an already populated world?

Thanks

Personally that isn't to much of a bad idea. But at the same time a tad unfair to those people. Me and Weylyn tho we are old returning players. Have incredible plans in store. We have actually set up a series of challenges on ourselves. I may actually consider streaming it.

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
only bcus my definition of nice looking is someone others definition of "clean" or "sterile" does not mean that my pretty is not as pretty as other pretties ... *sniff*

my problem mostly is i have a plan how i want it to look but start out in a box until i have enoughe recources to actually start a nice build xD

and yea well i dont really care one way or another if testers get their stuff resett or not if i would have been already whitelisted i would like to see a resett but seing that i dont i dont care ^^

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mind one way or another. It's really up to those players in my opinion. If they feel they'd like to start over, I'm all for letting them. But I wouldn't force it on them just because I'm behind.

GoRoy

Jul 29, 2019
Oh Tahg please do one thing. if you whitelist people. Try to make an emphasis on building skill! Would be nice to have some builders on the server other then technical people. Aesthetics are always nice.
It's actually really amazing what you can do with vanilla alone. Stairs, Halfsteps, etc. make up for some really fancy buildings. Of course microblocks and additional fancy blocks take decorating to a whole new level. :3
As soon as I can get on, I will set up a base somewhere far away and start building on a rule computer, the workshop and the nexus (in case any of these are not there already or I'm too lazy) as last time. Really looking forward to it. <3 (Especially Applied Energistics - Im so making my sorting system with this!)

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually really amazing what you can do with vanilla alone. Stairs, Halfsteps, etc. make up for some really fancy buildings. Of course microblocks and additional fancy blocks take decorating to a whole new level. :3
As soon as I can get on, I will set up a base somewhere far away and start building on a rule computer, the workshop and the nexus (in case any of these are not there already or I'm too lazy) as last time. Really looking forward to it. <3 (Especially Applied Energistics - Im so making my sorting system with this!)

Currently workshop is up. Our nexus is well.... limited. We can't have the nexus inside of the overworld like before. Everything exists in a separate dimension. So we have to actually make 2 books for each location we want to share.

BIGWayne2234

Jul 29, 2019
Now as far as aesthetics can i make a statue of my skin and live in it? It would be a very nice build and you would see it from far away but not at spawn like 2k blocks from it to be safe maybe less idk but it would require many personal anchors to successfully load it but i've always wanted to do a huge build besides a castle legit and it would be nice to see when done. Just to let you know my skin is a water creeper.... not too much but a lot of blue going to have to think of the different blocks i could use but diffidently not wool it is too normal and would suck with fire spread but anyways that is as far as my aesthetics goes other than that you would never see my house i like to hide it so no one could happen upon it when just traveling. Other than this long thought process I am a technical kind of person always willing to help others before myself and end up with three or four places i work from like a workshop a minners tunnel and thaumic base are examples.
I will await your respose on my Question/rant.

-wwc

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Now as far as aesthetics can i make a statue of my skin and live in it? It would be a very nice build and you would see it from far away but not at spawn like 2k blocks from it to be safe maybe less idk but it would require many personal anchors to successfully load it but i've always wanted to do a huge build besides a castle legit and it would be nice to see when done. Just to let you know my skin is a water creeper.... not too much but a lot of blue going to have to think of the different blocks i could use but diffidently not wool it is too normal and would suck with fire spread but anyways that is as far as my aesthetics goes other than that you would never see my house i like to hide it so no one could happen upon it when just traveling. Other than this long thought process I am a technical kind of person always willing to help others before myself and end up with three or four places i work from like a workshop a minners tunnel and thaumic base are examples.
I will await your respose on my Question/rant.

-wwc
Hey anything you want to do. go for it. Also use Microblocks. Theres a micro block for like every vanilla block out there. Plus they don't burn and are creeper proof.

ghellerman

Jul 29, 2019
If you wanna be re-whitelisted, make sure you PM Tahg as he won't be putting people back on who don't tell him they want to be added back to the whitelist. Not sure if he's added more than one or two people outside of the original testers, but we'll have to wait and see for what he says.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks
Trust me we have a loooong way to go and the new map is aimed at trying to encourage people to fend for themselves and not suck off others, a group of 5 of us are teh only ones anywhere near making a frame quarry and it will probably be that way for a long time. It isn't a race on the server and there is no real "end" to the game, minecraft is endless and if we decide our base is finished we will start on something else. Just because we've had a head start it dosent mean we will affect any of the gameplay for others, they will still have to go through the same process as we did. The GREAT thing about this new map is that there are no OP public ages and any ages that are made are private to the creator and whomever he/she chooses to add to it. This means there is no easy way of getting resources and no-one can really effect others. Hope this clears stuff up

GamingTom

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, I think I am now whitelisted as I can get past the "You are not whitelisted screen" but I can't find all the mods required on the server, for instance the xreliquary 1.0.3. If anyone has a link to the mod downloads that would be greatly appreciated. If not all of them, the ones that seem to be invisible. :)