Tabula Rasa/Custom Items discussion (was Longshot Request - hopefuly very simple)

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
What I read about Tabula Rasa was a mod that added 1 custom item and 1 custom block. That is not even compared to what CustomItems gives to us. That was why I asked why would InfinityRaider discontinue CustomItems when TR is relesead to 1.7.10. Or TR will be updated to a more complex mod?
Actually, TR can add 32k items and 16 blocks

Actually, it's N * 16 Blocks and M * 32k items.

https://github.com/CoFH/TabulaRasa

Code is there; it's LGPLv3, but I'll have a release at some point. It works. Some people have been running it for a bit now.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
What I read about Tabula Rasa was a mod that added 1 custom item and 1 custom block. That is not even compared to what CustomItems gives to us. That was why I asked why would InfinityRaider discontinue CustomItems when TR is relesead to 1.7.10. Or TR will be updated to a more complex mod?
I made this mod because I'm porting my modpack to 1.7 and I couldn't continue because I needed TR. I also made this mod to learn how to mod with Forge, in case if I ever wanted to make a "real" mod I had some knowledge to start off.
I will just finish your request for custom tools/armor and then I will continue building/playing my modpack. That's what I meant when I said I will discontinue this when TR is released.

Actually, it's N * 16 Blocks and M * 32k items.

https://github.com/CoFH/TabulaRasa

Code is there; it's LGPLv3, but I'll have a release at some point. It works. Some people have been running it for a bit now.

Thank you, am I allowed to clone and build in a jar, or should I wait for you compiled version?

Reactions: Otho

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Still maintain Custom Items, it's always good to have backups. I'll be sticking with CI for 1.7.10 mainly because of how much script stuff I've written that involve custom blocks/items, unless of course TR has some shiny new features :p

Still Infinity, CI is a good mod for your first mod. Kudos to you.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hope InfinityRaider doesn't remove his mod. The more options available to the community, the better.

Also, new mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...92-forge-quadrum-v1-0-0-simplified-block-item which is an even more advanced custom block/item adding system. Naturally, the more functions available, the more complex it gets to use these tools, so that's why I fully support different tiers of these tools that offer increasing fuctions. You can pick the one best suited for what you need to achieve.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?

Otho

Jul 29, 2019
@InfinityRaider will you continue de development of this mod?
First of all, thanks for making the amour/tools.
If you continue the mod I have a few sugestions.
As soon as you can, and If you want to, put back the code on github. I may try to code some stuff based on your code

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019

@InfinityRaider will you continue de development of this mod?
First of all, thanks for making the amour/tools.
If you continue the mod I have a few sugestions.
As soon as you can, and If you want to, put back the code on github. I may try to code some stuff based on your code
I think the port gitbash is using is blocked, when my parents are back ill ask them the password for the router once again and see if it works

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Im wondering. Is this able to overwrite vanilla ground gen and make it able to spawn batches of a certain resource. Like in civilization?. So instead of 'noise'. You get big patches of *mod farm item, Melons, Pumpkins, flowers* Etc?