T42 [x64] Texture Pack

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In case anyone is interested, I did a quick custom pack with T42 and then dumped Misa into the texture pack (private of course). The GUIs are obviously inconsistent and the fonts are passable, but it looks quite decent and is more than playable even with a few obvious inconsistencies. There is definitely potential for a semi realistic x64 texture pack in FTB. Overall T42 is a nice texture pack and can easily replace Soartex in my worlds. It also nice to have another 64x texture pack which is not Sphax.
I've done something similar, I've got Misa's as the base pack, then Battered Old Stuff for mods, T42 for other mods not covered by BoS, John Smith 32 and Sphax for anything else, plus my own work for world gen.

Maestro

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm getting an issue with an FTB Private Server Modpack. We have a lot of Mods in common with your supported packs, and I figured this would be an awesome way to get a Mod-supported TP for my FTB playing...but for some reason the pack shows up with Vanilla blocks and items. The only thing that's modified from default is the HUD and the Main Menu. All the text is in your special font as well, but the actual textures don't show up at all.

Is this an issue with the fact that unsupported Mods are present? That shouldn't be the case, right?

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

tpelham42

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest I haven't been keeping up with progress on FTB. What version of Minecraft is FTB using now? If it's using 1.5 (where they changed how TPs are done) then my texture pack isn't compatible with that. If not then I'm not sure what could be going on. I do access a private server running FTB ultimate and don't have any issues, but I'm not sure how up to date that server is.

The presence of unsupported mods should mean that the mods not covered by my pack should end up with their vanilla textures showing and my textures showing for the mods that are covered by my pack.

dragonboy1127

Jul 29, 2019
FTB is still using 1.4.7, though some packs (Ultimate I think) will be moving to 1.5.2 shortly. I don't think Direwolf is updating to 1.5 yet.

zen_cookie

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I tried this pack, and it seems pretty nice. A few things I feel could be better.
1) The color palette is pretty dark.
2) The bees are practically indistinguishable from one another. I know they have some color, but it's very little, and usually covered by the stack size indicator. The princess indicator is also very small. All indicators are basically invisible when playing in high res on a flat screen TV.

Either way, great work based on what I've seen so far :)

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
It hasn't updated for SIX MONTHS.
umm ... what's your freakin problem?
it's a resource pack for minecraft 1.6 ... and if you look closely, there isn't even a FTB modpack for 1.6 (or 1.7) ... so ...
1. no need for a newer FTW texturepack/resource pack
2. looks like FTB hasn't updated FOR AN EVEN LONGER PERIOD OF TIME
(sry for caps, i just wanted to adapt the style of Exedra)

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
umm ... what's your freakin problem?
it's a resource pack for minecraft 1.6 ... and if you look closely, there isn't even a FTB modpack for 1.6 (or 1.7) ... so ...
I was talking about the thread not the pack.
(sry for caps, i just wanted to adapt the style of Exedra)
tumblr_mimn2jwulF1r9wkjjo3_500.gif

Reactions: ApSciLiara

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
why would he update the thread for a FTB modpack-related-texturepack, when there is no modpack update?
providing a resource pack for a modpack that doesn't even support resource packs doesn't seem to make ans sense.

also: from what i can see, this thread only gives the information "hey, here are some cool textures for you. check it out". that's it.
there isn't even a version number in the title or in the opening post! so what do you expect to be updated? maybe new screenshots for the exact same textures?
all the necessary informations are given on the website!

BuzzSa

Jul 29, 2019
tpelham42, are you going to update the FTB pack to a resource pack? I'm realy wanting to try out the pack but it does not show up in 1.6.4

Thanks
Buzz

Kiithnaras

Jul 29, 2019
I also really like the look of this pack, but the author's site is down. Are there any alternate links? I understand it might not function in 1.6, but there are tools to convert, and I'd be willing to go through that effort at least. It'd be a shame to let such a gorgeous piece of work go to waste.