Sync and Blood Magic

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
This may or may not be a simple question, but how does Sync work with blood magic? For example, lets say my character "Kris" starts blood magic, makes a T4 alter and blah blah blah sigils. When I switch to "Kris - Sync" who's LP gets drained? is it my original character, the Sync character, or would it matter at all because they have the same name (or would it matter because they are technically different "characters")?

Based on that, would it be possible to have one character (say the Sync one) have a LP network (automated and everything with mobs and such) and the character you actually play with use the Sync characters blood magic items for free (or you having your own separate alter network)?

TL:DR,

Does having a Sync character mean that you would have two LP networks or one ?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I think it would just be one, based off the videos I've seen before (haven't actually tried this).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This may or may not be a simple question, but how does Sync work with blood magic? For example, lets say my character "Kris" starts blood magic, makes a T4 alter and blah blah blah sigils. When I switch to "Kris - Sync" who's LP gets drained? is it my original character, the Sync character, or would it matter at all because they have the same name (or would it matter because they are technically different "characters")?

Based on that, would it be possible to have one character (say the Sync one) have a LP network (automated and everything with mobs and such) and the character you actually play with use the Sync characters blood magic items for free (or you having your own separate alter network)?

TL:DR,

Does having a Sync character mean that you would have two LP networks or one ?
If it did, you would have each shell with different TC Research, different AM2 skills and affinities, and countless other player.dat bits tagged onto it.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
If it did, you would have each shell with different TC Research, different AM2 skills and affinities, and countless other player.dat bits tagged onto it.
Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out, because to my knowledge TC research doesn't transfer (like items, vanilla MC levels).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out, because to my knowledge TC research doesn't transfer (like items, vanilla MC levels).
Because the player.dat file is correctly shared between shells, and it used to not share them, resulting in Blood Magic just flat out not working.

Reactions: dwappo

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Lets see...
Blood Magic stores the Soul Network into the world using WorldSavedData, creating one instance for each player name, its not on the player.dat or anything iirc (unless im derping)
I don't know how Sync handles players, but if its the same player name and everything, it should have one network over all shells.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Lets see...
Blood Magic stores the Soul Network into the world using WorldSavedData, creating one instance for each player name, its not on the player.dat or anything iirc (unless im derping)
I don't know how Sync handles players, but if its the same player name and everything, it should have one network over all shells.
So wait, we can create an army of shells, and just kill off every single one for LP?
I am liking this...

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Then maybe you can solve the ancient riddle: If you kill multiple clones of yourself, is it a mass-suicide or mass-homicide?
I think that depends on whether or not there's one of you left standing at the end...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: YX33A

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
If they all have the exact same username, they will have the same network. Like @Pokefenn said, it's saved in the world data instead of the player's .dat - that's the only reason why the SN works while offline :3

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote