Suggest reactor mods here

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by T10a, May 18, 2014.

1. T10a

T10a New Member

Hey, I'm looking for a nuclear reactor mod for a custom modpack to satisfy endgame power needs, but which one should I use? A good balance between realism and/or fun, and performance is also a requirement.

Basically, a few nuclear reactor mods to choose from:
    Big Reactors (RF Compatible and FPS tolerant)
    Reactorcraft (Ultra-Realistic and does lots of things)
    Atomic Science (A nice mix, compatible with anything)
    IC2 (The good o' IC2, mix n' match uranium to win!)

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. McJty

McJty Over-Achiever Mod Developer

Why is ReactorCraft absurd? I think it is one of the best reactor mods out there. The fact that it is ultra realistic adds a real challenge to the game and for me that's what makes MC fun.

Vasa, trajing and Padfoote like this.
  3. T10a

T10a New Member

I meant it does lots of crazy cool stuff. I'll change the OP.

4. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

Personally I'd suggest either ReactorCraft, or IC2/GTech.
    (depending how good/patient you are with config files- TPPI has a set on full easy if you just want reactor parts and cool machines)​

5. Zaflis

Zaflis New Member

FPS tolerance would be the deciding factor when it comes to machines, so Big Reactor. IC2 reactors don't come even close to its power generation. FTB packs will start to lag even if you do nothing but build a big castle out of cobblestone and make ore processing line in it. This comes very obvious when playing in Agrarian Skies, completely void world which still starts to seriously stutter even the latest graphics cards. Some of the reactors go really heavy on the performance, both tps and rendering.

6. McJty

McJty Over-Achiever Mod Developer

If you want an 'easy' reactor then I would suggest Big Reactors because it works really well, interfaces well with things like MFR, ComputerCraft, OpenComputers, ... and can be made to produce very high amounts of RF/tick with some work.

If you want more realism then I would suggest Reactor Craft. And if you want to go *really* amazing then the Fusion Reactor in Reactor Craft is really probably the most amazing multiblock that exists in MineCraft.

[​IMG]

7. ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking New Member

FYI the fusion reactor will power EVERYTHING in the game on at least 10 people and still have power left over

Padfoote likes this.
  8. dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96 New Member

That's not even close to the amount of power it produces. You can power up at least 20 people's bases full of overclocked GT stuffs and UU Matter stuffs and Particle Accelerators and Borers and you probably won't be touching it's true power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatOneSlowking likes this.
  9. madnewmy

madnewmy New Member

It's about 5 million rf/t stop making comparaison... I bet reika's base use all of it and even more :p

10. dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96 New Member

Have you even built one before at maximum power? It's WAAAAAAAAY more than 5 million RF/tick.

11. masterzh

masterzh Forum Addict

I would suggest adding Gregtech as separate options. (as it will be/is standalone anyway)

12. pderuiter

pderuiter New Member

i do wish i could go on a server and see this one in action, it looks amazing

13. dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96 New Member

This statement is incorrect. It IS AMAZING!!! REACTORCRAFT FUSION REACTORS PWN GREGTECH AND IC2. HELL YEAH!!!

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    ThatOneSlowking likes this.
  14. madnewmy

madnewmy New Member

5 million /tick is closer comparaison then 40 ppl base...

And did you legit built one? How much did you produce with it?

15. Padfoote

Padfoote Brick Thrower Team Member Forum Moderator

I believe I've heard they average about 32 GW. And whatever the conversion ratio to RF is, that's a massive amount of power.

16. dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96 New Member

Lol. You sir, have not built one before.
    How did I get it legit? By saying thanks to Quarries/Meteorcraft.

17. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

If you do want IC2 in your pack, but want to use Big Reactors, there's a recipe that allows IC2 uranium to be converted to Yellorite fuel.

18. Padfoote

Padfoote Brick Thrower Team Member Forum Moderator

Both are registered in the ore dictionary as uranium as well.

19. Frontrider

Frontrider New Member

Big reactors is just good to me. the 5x5x5 size is a good starting.Anyone build a reactor on max size?

20. dalekslayer96

dalekslayer96 New Member

I don't really think there is a maximum size. Don't quote me on that though...