Suggest reactor mods here

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm looking for a nuclear reactor mod for a custom modpack to satisfy endgame power needs, but which one should I use? A good balance between realism and/or fun, and performance is also a requirement.

Basically, a few nuclear reactor mods to choose from:
Big Reactors (RF Compatible and FPS tolerant)
Reactorcraft (Ultra-Realistic and does lots of things)
Atomic Science (A nice mix, compatible with anything)
IC2 (The good o' IC2, mix n' match uranium to win!)

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Why is ReactorCraft absurd? I think it is one of the best reactor mods out there. The fact that it is ultra realistic adds a real challenge to the game and for me that's what makes MC fun.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
FPS tolerance would be the deciding factor when it comes to machines, so Big Reactor. IC2 reactors don't come even close to its power generation. FTB packs will start to lag even if you do nothing but build a big castle out of cobblestone and make ore processing line in it. This comes very obvious when playing in Agrarian Skies, completely void world which still starts to seriously stutter even the latest graphics cards. Some of the reactors go really heavy on the performance, both tps and rendering.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
If you want an 'easy' reactor then I would suggest Big Reactors because it works really well, interfaces well with things like MFR, ComputerCraft, OpenComputers, ... and can be made to produce very high amounts of RF/tick with some work.

If you want more realism then I would suggest Reactor Craft. And if you want to go *really* amazing then the Fusion Reactor in Reactor Craft is really probably the most amazing multiblock that exists in MineCraft.

vcDjPB0.png

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
If you want an 'easy' reactor then I would suggest Big Reactors because it works really well, interfaces well with things like MFR, ComputerCraft, OpenComputers, ... and can be made to produce very high amounts of RF/tick with some work.

If you want more realism then I would suggest Reactor Craft. And if you want to go *really* amazing then the Fusion Reactor in Reactor Craft is really probably the most amazing multiblock that exists in MineCraft.

vcDjPB0.png
FYI the fusion reactor will power EVERYTHING in the game on at least 10 people and still have power left over

Reactions: Padfoote

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
FYI the fusion reactor will power EVERYTHING in the game on at least 10 people and still have power left over
That's not even close to the amount of power it produces. You can power up at least 20 people's bases full of overclocked GT stuffs and UU Matter stuffs and Particle Accelerators and Borers and you probably won't be touching it's true power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
It's about 5 million rf/t stop making comparaison... I bet reika's base use all of it and even more :p

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019

vcDjPB0.png
i do wish i could go on a server and see this one in action, it looks amazing

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Have you even built one before at maximum power? It's WAAAAAAAAY more than 5 million RF/tick.

5 million /tick is closer comparaison then 40 ppl base...

And did you legit built one? How much did you produce with it?

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
5 million /tick is closer comparaison then 40 ppl base...

And did you legit built one? How much did you produce with it?
Lol. You sir, have not built one before.
How did I get it legit? By saying thanks to Quarries/Meteorcraft.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you do want IC2 in your pack, but want to use Big Reactors, there's a recipe that allows IC2 uranium to be converted to Yellorite fuel.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If you do want IC2 in your pack, but want to use Big Reactors, there's a recipe that allows IC2 uranium to be converted to Yellorite fuel.

Both are registered in the ore dictionary as uranium as well.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Big reactors is just good to me. the 5x5x5 size is a good starting.Anyone build a reactor on max size?